Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Of course there's an important underlying issue here. Discriminating against a person because of their spiritual beliefs is illegal in Australia. Just as you can't discriminate against Jewish people in employment, you can't discriminate against otherkins either.
    So believing that you are a ''dog or a cow'' is a spiritual belief or a mental disorder?
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    So believing that you are a ''dog or a cow'' is a spiritual belief or a mental disorder?
    What someone does in their private lives does not matter as long as they are not hurting anyone else. If someone wants to dress as a dog after work, well, good on them.

CC Grandmaster
    Is believing that God talks to you a spiritual belief or a mental disorder? Who cares!? As Scott says, what people do in their private lives is their business.

CC Grandmaster
    Is believing that God talks to you a spiritual belief or a mental disorder? Who cares!? As Scott says, what people do in their private lives is their business.
    If ''God'' tells you that you are a dog....it is a mental disorder. If you sleep in Dog's cage and use diapers to feel like a ''little puppy'' - it is a mental disorder.

If ''God'' tells you that you are a dog....it is a mental disorder.
    If "God" tells you the earth was created in six days, is that a spiritual belief or a mental disorder?

CC Grandmaster
    If ''God'' tells you that you are a dog....it is a mental disorder. ...
    Christians believe that God speaks to them through the Bible. So you appear to believe that Christians are suffering from a mental disorder.

On the other hand, as far as I'm aware, no otherkin believes they are a dog. You seem to be confusing them with an entirely different subculture.

CC Grandmaster
    Christians believe that God speaks to them through the Bible. So you appear to believe that Christians are suffering from a mental disorder.

On the other hand, as far as I'm aware, no otherkin believes they are a dog. You seem to be confusing them with an entirely different subculture.
    I think we are confusing religions with the so called ''sub-cultures'' acting as a a dog is not something I would refer to a ''sub-culture''

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    If "God" tells you the earth was created in six days, is that a spiritual belief or a mental disorder?
    It is a spiritual belief. But if I say that I am God and going to create a new world in 6 days...and for this I need to run around like a dog and pee under every tree in the next 6 days...its a mental disorder.

CC Grandmaster
    If Putin thinks that by killing each and every Ukranian he will make Russia a great country - is it a spiritual belief or madness/criminal activity?

CC Grandmaster
    If Putin thinks that by killing each and every Ukranian he will make Russia a great country - is it a spiritual belief or madness/criminal activity?
    It could be a spiritual belief - there have been many, many wars fought on the basis of religious beliefs. But that has nothing to do with what we're discussing, as Scott and I have pointed out:
    ... As Scott says, what people do in their private lives is their business.

CC Grandmaster
    I think we are confusing religions with the so called ''sub-cultures'' acting as a a dog is not something I would refer to a ''sub-culture''
    You're confused, not me. Otherkin do not act like dogs, and people who do act like dogs are not otherkin. Also, otherkin are not part of an organised religion; their beliefs are generally specific to themselves, which is why I used the word "spiritual". Finally, "subculture" simply refers to a group of people with similar interests - like chess players or people who post on Chess Chat

CC Grandmaster
    You're confused, not me. Otherkin do not act like dogs, and people who do act like dogs are not otherkin. Also, otherkin are not part of an organised religion; their beliefs are generally specific to themselves, which is why I used the word "spiritual". Finally, "subculture" simply refers to a group of people with similar interests - like chess players or people who post on Chess Chat
    This is why it is ''subculture'' rather than a subculture. Imagine for a moment that all of a sudden...you see your family member walking around dressed as a dog barking..what is your initial response if not call the ambulance?

CC Grandmaster
    This is why it is ''subculture'' rather than a subculture. ...
    You're confused again: Double quotes were simply used to indicate that a word is being defined (single quotes usually indicate irony). The examples I used made it quite clear that I wasn't being ironic.
    ... Imagine for a moment that all of a sudden...you see your family member walking around dressed as a dog barking..what is your initial response if not call the ambulance?
    Every hear of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, whose mascot dresses as a ... guess what? Are you claiming he's insane?

CC Grandmaster
    Every hear of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, whose mascot dresses as a ... guess what? Are you claiming he's insane?
    Mascot....and guess what actors on stage also play dogs and cats...obviously I am not claiming they are insane. I am claiming that people who live in cages dressed in dog costumes surrounded by bones and diapers are insane. Acting (and being a mascot is acting too) is different from living a life of a dog.

CC Grandmaster
    Mascot....and guess what actors on stage also play dogs and cats...obviously I am not claiming they are insane. I am claiming that people who live in cages dressed in dog costumes surrounded by bones and diapers are insane. Acting (and being a mascot is acting too) is different from living a life of a dog.
    And how do you know that "people who live in cages dressed in dog costumes surrounded by bones and diapers" are not also acting? Do you have any examples of people who do this full-time?

Thread Information