Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CC Candidate Master
    OK I have been given the all clear to post the appeal. He also said playerA did not claim it was mate, but later said he thought it was.

At move 22 PlayerA played a move that checked my king.
    While the move surprised me, PlayerA then reached over and began moving both my and his pieces around the board. He was making comments like, “If you moved here, then I would have done this, if you had done this then I would have done this”
    At that point I said to PlayerA, “What are you doing?” He ignored me and continued moving pieces around the board.
    I then said to PlayerA, “The game is not over, what are you doing?” Again PlayerA ignored me and continued to move pieces conducting some sort of scenario analysis with actual live pieces during the game.
    I then said to PlayerA, “I have not resigned, the game is not over!”
    At this point I suggested we consult with the Tournament Director (which I believe is PlayerA). PlayerA then went to PlayerC and asked for his assistance. He informed PlayerC that he had thought he had checkmated me and had subsequently moved a few pieces. PlayerC seemed to focus on whether or not a “touch move” situation had occurred and concluded that it hadn’t. So PlayerC suggested that it two minutes be added to my clock, the pieces be reinstated to their correct positions before this incident occurred and play should continue. PlayerA quickly agreed with this and followed PlayerC’s instructions.
    Sitting back down, having had my concentration significantly disturbed I noted that I had lost 9 minutes of time in dealing with this incident. I felt the addition of 2 minutes to my clock was grossly inadequate. This occurred at a time where the game was still quite interesting with equal numbers of pawns and myself having exchanged two minor pieces for a rook. I made a move and told PlayerA that I was not happy with what had happened and was going to speak to PlayerC again.
    I had to wait for PlayerC to have a break in his game to speak with him. When I did PlayerC advised to play the game out and lodge an appeal afterwards if I was unhappy.
    I sat down back at my game table and PlayerA asked what PlayerC had said. I informed him. PlayerA then immediately reached over and moved my King. I said, “Do not touch my pieces”. PlayerA then stood up and said, “That’s it, you forfeit the game. You are out”. He then turned to the game next to us, and said to my son PlayerD, “You forfeit your game as well!” PlayerA then moved to the score sheet and recorded results on the sheets.
    At the time PlayerA took these actions the game PlayerD was playing was effectively a drawn game with many pawns still in play in a locked position. PlayerD only had a few minutes on the clock which expired soon after this incident, causing a loss due to time. Again, significant time in PlayerD’s game was lost due to the actions of PlayerA.
    Following this incident I followed PlayerA to the canteen area where he had walked to. I approached PlayerA and suggested that he needed to apologise for his actions and put things right. He responded by saying the following, “You and your son were warned last year about lodging appeals, well maybe it was more your son. I warned you that you would be kicked out.” At this point I asked PlayerA if I had heard him correctly and asked him to repeat it. PlayerA thought about it for a second and said that his decision in these matters was final and would be upheld. I informed PlayerA that I would be appealing the result and would also be lodging a complaint concerning his ability to be a Tournament Director. I asked for information about where to lodge that complaint. PlayerA was unwilling to provide any further information.
    In making this appeal I request the result for round 8 of B Grade be recorded as:
    Board 1 – PlayerA vs PlayerD should have a result of 0 -1 (A win for black (PlayerD)). PlayerA effectively performed about 20 illegal moves conducting his scenario analysis before restoring the pieces to their correct positions. Failure to support this position would otherwise endorse a position where players can move pieces on an active playing board without penalty as long as it isn’t their move. Alternatively, PlayerA incorrectly declared that the game had been forfeited by me, his opponent, while it was his move. By walking away from the game he subsequently lost on time.
    Board 2 –PlayerD should have the result recorded as a draw as PlayerA actions materially impacted the result of the game. Without PlayerA actions, the game probably would have been drawn.
    For coaching contact Bill Jordan at swneerava@gmail.com
    My Chess ebooks and paperbacks can be found at Amazon Author Central
    and my YouTube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsd...-HNla3kQdhTleQ

CC International Master
    Oh dear me, oh dear me.

I think it is best I do not comment on this situation any more.

EDIT: I would not mind seeing the positions in both games at the time of the incidents.
    Last edited by Scott Colliver; 29-06-2022 at 10:55 PM.

Thread Information