View Poll Results: Who will win? (This poll asks who you think will win, not who you want to win)

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coalition >25 seat majority

0 0%
  • Coalition 11-25 seat majority

0 0%
  • Coalition 1-9 seat majority

4 33.33%
  • Coalition minority gov

1 8.33%
  • Labor minority gov

0 0%
  • Labor 1-9 seat majority

4 33.33%
  • Labor 11-25 seat majority

3 25.00%
  • Labor >25 seat majority

0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    I do not need such ''assistance'' with my bargaining . I would rather have my ''dollar'' buying more. And keep on bargaining for increases based on value delivered anyway . In fact I do not bargain a great deal, I just explain how much I would like to get paid and the client/employer/organisation can see if they want to keep talking....likewise when I am approached with an offer...I see if i am interested and if its a good project but pay is below what I would take for it, inform them. Its more like light-hearted and relaxed negotiations rather than bargaining. I never demand anything.
    You negotiate your own wages with the universities you work for? Or do you rely on the award wages negotiated by the strong tertiary sector unions?

I do not need such ''assistance'' with my bargaining . I would rather have my ''dollar'' buying more. And keep on bargaining for increases based on value delivered anyway . In fact I do not bargain a great deal, I just explain how much I would like to get paid and the client/employer/organisation can see if they want to keep talking....likewise when I am approached with an offer...I see if i am interested and if its a good project but pay is below what I would take for it, inform them. Its more like light-hearted and relaxed negotiations rather than bargaining. I never demand anything.
    All workers would rather have their dollar buying more, not less. That's been the basis of the Australian 'living wage' since federation. But it's been suppressed since 2013, strangely coinciding with the revolving Abbott/Turnbull/Morrison Liberal governments.

Workers will be $4000 worse off by end of year, but PM says it's out of his control

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    You negotiate your own wages with the universities you work for? Or do you rely on the award wages negotiated by the strong tertiary sector unions?
    Some tasks, I negotiate (when working as Baron consulting). Other tasks: I accept or decline or confirm level of pay (there are various pay scales that are often available depending on how they ''rank'' my level. I do not rely on anything or anyone. If universities start paying less than I am prepared to take, I will focus exclusively on other jobs/projects.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

CC Grandmaster
    Some tasks, I negotiate (when working as Baron consulting). Other tasks: I accept or decline or confirm level of pay (there are various pay scales that are often available depending on how they ''rank'' my level. I do not rely on anything or anyone. If universities start paying less than I am prepared to take, I will focus exclusively on other jobs/projects.
    Where do you think that pay scale that you are relying on came from? It was negotiated between the university and the union - like this one. And the pay rates are based on what comparable universities are offering, not on your individual productivity.

By the way, are you referring to the Baron Consulting with this non-existent website?

CC Grandmaster
    Where do you think that pay scale that you are relying on came from? It was negotiated between the university and the union - like this one. And the pay rates are based on what comparable universities are offering, not on your individual productivity.

By the way, are you referring to the Baron Consulting with this non-existent website?
    Once again, I am not RELYING on any pay scale

CC Grandmaster
    Once again, I am not RELYING on any pay scale
    Here's the CSU Enterprise Agreement, under which you're employed (Clause 7.1: "This Agreement shall apply to all employees employed by the University under the provisions of this Agreement whether or not such employees are members of the organisation of employees referred to at Clause 6 - Parties to this Agreement."). Note the detailed pay scales in the agreement.

As Ian said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    Of course there will be a flow-on. There always is after minimum wage increases. If workers like you are employed under enterprise bargaining agreements, the minimum wage increase provides inarguable grounds for a corresponding increase in your agreement.
    So any wage rise you receive from CSU will not be the result of your individual productivity (although I'm sure you are very productive), nor will it have been negotiated between you and your employer. It's thus rather hypocritical of you to complain that other employees are also getting wage rises on this basis.

CC Grandmaster
    Here's the CSU Enterprise Agreement, under which you're employed (Clause 7.1: "This Agreement shall apply to all employees employed by the University under the provisions of this Agreement whether or not such employees are members of the organisation of employees referred to at Clause 6 - Parties to this Agreement."). Note the detailed pay scales in the agreement.

As Ian said:

So any wage rise you receive from CSU will not be the result of your individual productivity (although I'm sure you are very productive), nor will it have been negotiated between you and your employer. It's thus rather hypocritical of you to complain that other employees are also getting wage rises on this basis.
    1) I can accept or reject...what is there to negotiate...or...point out i want to be classsified at higher level. btw. CSU is just one of the places I have been working at .
    I think you evade my main point that....i do not need others to raise my pay/bargain my pay/arrange my pay!

CC Grandmaster
    This hole concept that Labor and Unions ''secure'' pay for everyone is based on the false premise that people are easy to ''exploit'' and need to be ''taken care'' of.

CC International Master
    There are a lot of independents who seem to have a reasonable chance of being cometitive in seats so I thought I would make a list of them.

Allegra Spender - Wentworth - Seems to be favourite to deffeat sitting member Dave Sharma
    Jo Dyer - Boothby - Probably the least likely of those who I am going to list, but if she gets a reasonable vote it might delay a result in this key seat.
    Monique Ryan - Kooyong - Has a good chance of defeating Josh Frydenburg
    Zoe Daniel - Goldstein - Has an excellent chance
    Sophie Scamps - Mackellar - Has a good chance of getting 2nd but will need a big swing away from the Liberals
    Liz Habermann - Grey - Will probably get to second, but can she take enough votes off the Liberals to win the seat.
    Jake Dempsey - Hinkler - Former Minister state Liberal Government and current Mayor of Bundaburg, so has a high profile but no real idea how he is going to go.
    Kate Chaney - Curtin - Seems to have an excellent chance of winning
    Rob Priestly - Nichols - Seems to be worrying the Nationals in a seat where the Liberals are also running a candidate.
    Stuart Bonds - Hunter - Probably only a long shot but Bonds got over 20% at the previous election as a One Nation candidate.
    Dai Le - Fowler - It seems she will poll strongly but probably will not beat Keneally
    Kylea Tink - North Sydney - Is putting together a strong challenge to Liberal member Trent Zimmerman

In addition to these possible newcomers the current independents, Steggal - Waringah, Haines - Indi, Wilkie - Clark and minor party members Sharkie - Mayo, Katter - Kennedy and Bandt - Melbourne all seem to be in good positions to be reelected.

The Greens, as always, seem confident of getting a second seat but I don't think they will.

In the senate there is at least 2 independents who seem to have good chances of winning. Nick Xenophon who is aiming to return to the Senate in SA and David Pocock who might win a seat in the ACT.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Colliver View Post
    There are a lot of independents who seem to have a reasonable chance of being cometitive in seats so I thought I would make a list of them.

Allegra Spender - Wentworth - Seems to be favourite to deffeat sitting member Dave Sharma
    Jo Dyer - Boothby - Probably the least likely of those who I am going to list, but if she gets a reasonable vote it might delay a result in this key seat.
    Monique Ryan - Kooyong - Has a good chance of defeating Josh Frydenburg
    Zoe Daniel - Goldstein - Has an excellent chance
    Sophie Scamps - Mackellar - Has a good chance of getting 2nd but will need a big swing away from the Liberals
    Liz Habermann - Grey - Will probably get to second, but can she take enough votes off the Liberals to win the seat.
    Jake Dempsey - Hinkler - Former Minister state Liberal Government and current Mayor of Bundaburg, so has a high profile but no real idea how he is going to go.
    Kate Chaney - Curtin - Seems to have an excellent chance of winning
    Rob Priestly - Nichols - Seems to be worrying the Nationals in a seat where the Liberals are also running a candidate.
    Stuart Bonds - Hunter - Probably only a long shot but Bonds got over 20% at the previous election as a One Nation candidate.
    Dai Le - Fowler - It seems she will poll strongly but probably will not beat Keneally
    Kylea Tink - North Sydney - Is putting together a strong challenge to Liberal member Trent Zimmerman

In addition to these possible newcomers the current independents, Steggal - Waringah, Haines - Indi, Wilkie - Clark and minor party members Sharkie - Mayo, Katter - Kennedy and Bandt - Melbourne all seem to be in good positions to be reelected.

The Greens, as always, seem confident of getting a second seat but I don't think they will.

In the senate there is at least 2 independents who seem to have good chances of winning. Nick Xenophon who is aiming to return to the Senate in SA and David Pocock who might win a seat in the ACT.
    Indeed. Some of the independent candidates are at least interesting compared to the mainstream parties.

This hole concept that Labor and Unions ''secure'' pay for everyone is based on the false premise that people are easy to ''exploit'' and need to be ''taken care'' of.
    Without trade unions to fight for their benefits, workers would still be working a six-day week with no annual leave, sick leave or other entitlements we now take for granted. The fight continues today in the US

Union Achievements

1) I can accept or reject...what is there to negotiate...or...point out i want to be classsified at higher level. btw. CSU is just one of the places I have been working at .
    I think you evade my main point that....i do not need others to raise my pay/bargain my pay/arrange my pay!
    Every worker has the right to accept or renegotiate an EA or find another job. But very few have the labour-laws expertise to represent themselves successfully.
    Enterprise Bargaining was introduced in 1996 which allowed workers and their unions to negotiate directly with their employer over pay and conditions. Evidence from the Australian Bureau of Statistics shows that collective bargaining delivers better wages than individual agreements for ordinary workers.

CC International Master
    Yes, unions have played a vital part in history in helping the downtrodden workers gain much better work conditions. And even today the have to defend workers too many times.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    Without trade unions to fight for their benefits, workers would still be working a six-day week with no annual leave, sick leave or other entitlements we now take for granted. The fight continues today in the US

Union Achievements
    I work 6-7 days a week on most weeks (by choice of course). Re sick leave: can not recall taking it . Re Unions, never joined any. Re checking award rates - only when hiring for clients etc. For myself - can not recall (checking different levels of academic appointment does not count as these levels are often sent for people to see what pay comes with a role etc. If someone would send me direct amount/ pay range straight away I would not bother about those either). I am one of those people who do not ''know my rights''. How can I am still surviving?

CC International Master
    I work 6-7 days a week on most weeks (by choice of course). Re sick leave: can not recall taking it . Re Unions, never joined any. Re checking award rates - only when hiring for clients etc. For myself - can not recall (checking different levels of academic appointment does not count as these levels are often sent for people to see what pay comes with a role etc. If someone would send me direct amount/ pay range straight away I would not bother about those either). I am one of those people who do not ''know my rights''. How can I am still surviving?
    The point is your ability to be able to do what you do now has been based on the previous work of unions. You are benefiting from the history of unions in this country.

Thread Information