View Poll Results: Who will win? (This poll asks who you think will win, not who you want to win)

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coalition >25 seat majority

0 0%
  • Coalition 11-25 seat majority

0 0%
  • Coalition 1-9 seat majority

4 33.33%
  • Coalition minority gov

1 8.33%
  • Labor minority gov

0 0%
  • Labor 1-9 seat majority

4 33.33%
  • Labor 11-25 seat majority

3 25.00%
  • Labor >25 seat majority

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar

Federal Election 2022

Belated poll thread for the 2022 Federal Election.

I have changed the poll options slightly from previous years. Now the majority is the winner's seats minus all other seats. Thus, the 2019 result (77-68-6) is a 3-seat majority and would go in the 1-9 seat range. (A 10-seat majority is not included as it is mathematically impossible.) Also now I am including a minority option for each party.

Minority: 75 or less seats
    1-9 seat majority: 76 to 80 seats
    11-25 seat majority: 81 to 88 seats
    >25 seat majority: 89+ seats
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 12-04-2022 at 11:37 PM.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

CC International Master
    The polls seem to be favouring Labor so I think they will win the Federal election

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Colliver View Post
    The polls seem to be favouring Labor so I think they will win the Federal election
    The polls favoured Labor last time as well.
    FA Andrew Hardegen
    Southern Suburbs Chess Club (Perth)
    www.southernsuburbschessclub.org.au

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hardegen View Post
    The polls favoured Labor last time as well.
    True, they might be wrong again. However they are all we have to go by.

CC International Master
    As I had a few hours to fill in I put an entry into Rupert's "SuperVoter" competition which involves selecting 151 winners. It transpired that I had Labor winning 76-68-7 so to be consistent I've gone for the same here (Labor 1-9).

CC International Master
    I am going to vote Labor in the seat of Kingston, a safe Labour seat held by Amanda Rishworth.

However I am far than impressed by Anthony Albanese, I think he is a poor leader. I do not think he speaks well and if Labor somehow loses this election then it part of it at least is going to be because Labor did not have a better leader. Last time Bill Shorten failed as leader and maybe we are going to see the same thing happen again.

CC International Master
    I watched some of the debate tonight and if the best Australia can come up with to lead the country is those two completely uninspiring men then something is very wrong.

At least the moderation was much better than Nine's utter shambles on Sunday night.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Just an announcement that this Saturday from 8 pm to 9 pm (perhaps later) I will be doing an Ask Me Anything (AMA) on the r/AustralianPolitics subreddit on Reddit. This is a chance for people to bombard me with questions that I will then attempt to answer at warp speed (I believe you need to sign up to participate, but anyone can read it without being signed in). The AMA is in relation to the 2022 federal election and polling.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Just an announcement that this Saturday from 8 pm to 9 pm (perhaps later) I will be doing an Ask Me Anything (AMA) on the r/AustralianPolitics subreddit on Reddit. This is a chance for people to bombard me with questions that I will then attempt to answer at warp speed (I believe you need to sign up to participate, but anyone can read it without being signed in). The AMA is in relation to the 2022 federal election and polling.
    I forgot this was on, sorry.

CC International Master
    Less than a week to go until Morrison and his cronies are kicked out of office. If the polling is accurate it could be a reasonable size victory for Labor.

CC International Master
    I have now read the AMA and there is a lot of good work by Kevin in answering the questions

CC Grandmaster
    Looks like Labor wants to fight inflation by increasing minimal pay....typical Labor
    On the positive side - Liberals promised up to 40% of super being available as deposite for first home buyers on property purchases.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    On the positive side - Liberals promised up to 40% of super being available as deposite for first home buyers on property purchases.
    Probably one of the worst policies I have ever seen in my life - will only make it easier for people with no money to buy houses and hence drive up property prices and rentals even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Probably one of the worst policies I have ever seen in my life - will only make it easier for people with no money to buy houses and hence drive up property prices and rentals even more.
    While at the same time driving down the superannuation nest-egg available on retirement and the compound interest otherwise accruing during their working lives

Thread Information