Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    For a so-called 'weak' candidate, Fumey has an excellent cv in chess administration! Baryshpolets, on the other hand, seems to have no relevant experience (assuming he's running). Although, based on this, he is both a GM (with his name spelt "Andrey" by FIDE), and a lecturer in economics in Texas.
    A GM. A Ukranian GM living in US. Lecturer in Economics. What else? Re ''excellent cv'' of Fumey: what is his agenda? Does he have one? and most importantly ''who asked him to run and why''?
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    A GM. A Ukranian GM living in US. Lecturer in Economics. What else?
    So he has no experience in administration, let alone chess administration. At least he has confirmed that he is standing.

Re ''excellent cv'' of Fumey: what is his agenda? Does he have one? and most importantly ''who asked him to run and why''?
    Are you claiming that Fumey doesn't have decades of experience in chess administration, and therefore an excellent cv? And he stated his agenda when he announced he was running. You don't like him because he is not strongly anti-Dvorkovich, but that's no reason to ignore his record.

As for the conspiracy theory - I wonder who Shaun Press might be referring to
    As for coverage of the election, it has been fairly muted so far (at least in my readings). The stand out comment so far was from one incredibly stupid commentator (who shall remain unnamed) that the Fumey campaign "created" to get Dvorkovich re-elected. Definitely wrong on that count, but being wrong has never been a concern to the commentator in question.

CC International Master
    Michael, don't worry, Fumey is from Togo not Sudan.

Baryshpolets might have transferable skills from his involvements outside of chess but his lack of chess adminstration experience is a little troubling.

So far I would be voting for Fumey.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Colliver View Post
    Michael, don't worry, Fumey is from Togo not Sudan.

Baryshpolets might have transferable skills from his involvements outside of chess but his lack of chess adminstration experience is a little troubling.

So far I would be voting for Fumey.
    I worry...because he is not from Togo. He is actually living in Canada. Baryshpolets has a lot of transferrable administration skills + a GM (so understands the chess world well).
    P.S. https://www.linkedin.com/in/enyonam-...alSubdomain=ca

CC Grandmaster
    One key issue is: who can unseet Dvorkovich? Who is running to win and who is running to put up an ''election show'' Russian style?

CC International Master
    I worry...because he is not from Togo. He is actually living in Canada. Baryshpolets has a lot of transferrable administration skills + a GM (so understands the chess world well).
    Michael, Fumey is from Togo, even if he is now living in Canada.

CC Grandmaster
    Michael, Fumey is from Togo, even if he is now living in Canada.
    Do you think he is running to win? Do you think he has ''quickly drafted his campgain documents'' by himself? Or is he running for Dvorkovich to play the ''democracy game''?
    I think the very absolute requirement for Dvorkovich even to be allowed to run should be: he needs to FULLY AND UNCODINTIONALLY DENOUNCE PUTIN AND RUSSIA'S INVASION OF UKRAINE!

CC International Master
    Do you think he is running to win? Do you think he has ''quickly drafted his campgain documents'' by himself? Or is he running for Dvorkovich to play the ''democracy game''?
    I think the very absolute requirement for Dvorkovich even to be allowed to run should be: he needs to FULLY AND UNCODINTIONALLY DENOUNCE PUTIN AND RUSSIA'S INVASION OF UKRAINE!
    You keep saying Fumey is not running to win? Please provide proof.
    I agree with you Dvokovich shoud not be President of FIDE.

CC Grandmaster
    Fumey is a former Secretary-General of FIDE, and has been elected to many other positions. I'm fairly sure he can draft his own campaign documents!

And how exactly does Fumey running help Dvorkovich? If you're suggesting that he's Dvorkovich's puppet, please provide some evidence.

CC International Master
    Being a GM in and of its self in no way means he will be a good administator. He will need to make his case from his other experience. It also would be good if he chose someone with a chess adminstration background as his deputy
    Last edited by Scott Colliver; 23-05-2022 at 11:25 PM.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    I am somewhat familiar with the background to the Fumey campaign. Shaun Press is absolutely correct; Fumey is not a pro-Dvorkovich token opposition candidate and is a genuine opposition candidate; whether there is any level of support for that ticket is another matter.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

CC International Master
    Michael, we have had both Shaun Press and Kevin Bonham say you are wrong that Fumey is not running to win.

Please tell us why you are right and both of them are wrong.

If you cannot do that then please admit you were wrong.

CC International Master
    There is another candidate for FIDE President, Inai Sheripov. His Deputy President candidate is Zambian Lewis Ncube.

https://fide.com/news/1778

CC International Master
    An interesting article on the elections.
    https://www.thechessdrum.net/blog/20...aigns-heat-up/

It appears Baryshpolets has already destroyed his chances with his claim that larger chess federations should have more voting power at elections than small chess federations.

With all my personal respect to all the member federations and commitment to the idea of the global promotion of chess, I reckon that all the member federations should not have the same voting power in electing FIDE governing bodies. It is unfair that a federation comprising ten rated players total has the same one vote as a federation comprising thousands and having more than 100 players with ELO 2400+. Such a distortive electoral system has been leading to the election of a President that does not represent the will of the majority of chess players.
    It also appears that Baryshpolets will not be getting the support of Ukraine as they have written a letter in support of the Sheripov candidacy. https://fide.com/news/1778

It apparently is not the first time that Inal Sheripov has been in a FIDE elections, he was on Kirsan Ilyumzhinov's ticket in 2018.
    Last edited by Scott Colliver; 25-05-2022 at 02:08 AM.

CC Grandmaster
    Michael, we have had both Shaun Press and Kevin Bonham say you are wrong that Fumey is not running to win.

Please tell us why you are right and both of them are wrong.

If you cannot do that then please admit you were wrong.
    I can also run and you can run..we can run and run....but Dvorkovich will not even notice. Everyone who is running without chance of realistically beating Dvorkovich are spoilers. Sheripov is same.
    Btw, now it would be perfect time for Kasparov to make a comeback to the fide race. This time around - he may have a better chance.

Thread Information