Thread: Firegoat7

Firegoat7

Firegoat7 should not be banned from this forum, no one should be banned. its a free forum ,we all have different views that's what makes it interesting .

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby1972 View Post
    Firegoat7 should not be banned from this forum, no one should be banned. its a free forum ,we all have different views that's what makes it interesting .
    Nobody is banned for their views.

firegoat initially left this forum voluntarily. He was later banned over his behaviour towards some of our members as moderator of another forum. When he resigned that position he was unbanned but it was made clear that if he accepted such a position again and continued his previous behaviour he would be banned from here again.

I will not be lifting this ban for any reason ever, but other mods are free to do so anytime they wish.

I also mention that:

1. Firegoat has threatened me with violence over the internet and I have retained a copy of the entire conversation including the threats. He does not deserve to be tolerated on any internet forum as he is a potential threat to the safety of people who disagree with him.

2. It is impractical to never ban anyone from an internet forum. For instance we have had members whose main issues were that they persistently defamed or were abusive to other users. If such users are not banned then the mods are just endlessly having their time wasted cleaning up the mess.

Anyone who wants to start a chess forum where nobody is ever banned is welcome to start one and see how it goes.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 04-09-2021 at 06:34 PM.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Nobody is banned for their views.

firegoat initially left this forum voluntarily. He was later banned over his behaviour towards some of our members as moderator of another forum. When he resigned that position he was unbanned but it was made clear that if he accepted such a position again and continued his previous behaviour he would be banned from here again.

I will not be lifting this ban for any reason ever, but other mods are free to do so anytime they wish.

I also mention that:

1. Firegoat has threatened me with violence over the internet and I have retained a copy of the entire conversation including the threats. He does not deserve to be tolerated on any internet forum as he is a potential threat to the safety of people who disagree with him.

2. It is impractical to never ban anyone from an internet forum. For instance we have had members whose main issues were that they persistently defamed or were abusive to other users. If such users are not banned then the mods are just endlessly having their time wasted cleaning up the mess.

Anyone who wants to start a chess forum where nobody is ever banned is welcome to start one and see how it goes.
    That should be clear enough for even the lightest of weights and the flimsiest of flips.

Bobby, we all good now?
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

loreias was so far out there he had looped back to the starting point. I was starting to enjoy his leaps of faith, or leaps of something.

Thread Information