Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    They're very good at destroying introduced animals too. As seen on Macquarie Island - when all the cats were removed, rabbit numbers exploded.

I like cats, but they need to be kept out of bushland. Unfortunately, eradicating feral cats is usually impractical, and a lot of people get very silly about it.
    I am sure they are very good at killiing rabbits but that does not stop them killing native animals as well

Account Banned Sir Cromulent Sparkles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Colliver View Post
    Feral cats kill 2 billion native animals every year. Hate is the right response.
    But yet you would happily allow the feral cats to roam free since you don't believe they should be harmed. In truth, it sounds like you are more than happy to allow the cats to keep attacking the native species.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Cromulent Sparkles View Post
    But yet you would happily allow the feral cats to roam free since you don't believe they should be harmed. In truth, it sounds like you are more than happy to allow the cats to keep attacking the native species.
    I am certainly not happy cats keep killing native species. Beyond that it is complicated for me.

Account Banned Sir Cromulent Sparkles's Avatar
    I am certainly not happy cats keep killing native species. Beyond that it is complicated for me.
    It never seems to be too complicated for you to be critical of others.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Seems a bit harsh to hate cats for killing native species. If the cat is feral it has no choice; it needs to eat or die. One might hate the fact the cat is there and doing what it does without hating the cat itself. Or one might direct negative emotions towards those humans who let cats go loose without due care in the first place, since they are the real culprits here.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Seems a bit harsh to hate cats for killing native species. If the cat is feral it has no choice; it needs to eat or die. One might hate the fact the cat is there and doing what it does without hating the cat itself. Or one might direct negative emotions towards those humans who let cats go loose without due care in the first place, since they are the real culprits here.
    Fair point

CC Grandmaster
    I am sure they are very good at killiing rabbits but that does not stop them killing native animals as well
    Why aren't rabbit lives as valuable as some other pet lives. Rabbit lives matter!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Why aren't rabbit lives as valuable as some other pet lives. Rabbit lives matter!
    Rabbits are introduced pests.
    Rabbits are also pets, different rabbits.

Wild pests do not belong in Australia, they can cause harm to the environment.

I do not know where I stand on killing pest animals like cats and rabbits and foxes and cane toads and carp and whatever else there might be. I don't like pest animals being in Australia but I also do not like killing animals.

Thread Information