Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I would like to wage a war on ...

What would you like to wage a war on?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Good point. Also, could be good time to use COVID to wage a war on obesity and promote healthy lifestyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Also wage a war on skate boards that are wrecking everyone"s ankles etc
    Many will end up early on invalid pensions and there goes the budget
    For me, I would like to wage a war on irresponsible dog owners.

Dogs that bark all day when the owner is at work. Check.
    Dogs that bark all night when the owner is gods know where. Check.
    Dogs off leashes. Check.
    Dogs on leashes that are too long. Check.
    Dogs that walk on one side of the footpath, with the owner on the other, and an nice trip line between the two covering the entire carriageway. Check.
    Dog owners that stop on one side of the footpath to talk to some other random dog owner on the other side, with the dogs yapping at each other again in between covering the whole pathway. Check. Pro tip - stop on the same side of the pathway and let people through.
    It's not cute. It's not funny. Control your damn dog.
    So what's your excuse? For running like the devil's chasing you?

See you in another life, brotha.

Account Banned Sir Cromulent Sparkles's Avatar
    Crocs.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    Owners who tie their dogs up outside cafes then ignore them resulting in the dog barking continuously annoying nearby patrons. Check.
    Especially, owners who let dogs off leashes in areas clearly signed as on leash and where there is wildlife present, and do it as soon as nobody can see them. Check check check. 80+% of these people believe their dog would never hurt a fly.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Plus the big mongrel German Shepherd that attacked when i was giving out election pamphlets for Gough Whitlam Lord in 1977
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Plus the big mongrel German Shepherd that attacked when i was giving out election pamphlets for Gough Whitlam Lord in 1977
    German Shepherds are smart dogs.

CC Grandmaster
    Not to mention that some do not collect poo after their dogs...
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Not to mention that some do not collect poo after their dogs...
    I agree.

How else would fecal microbiota transplantations occur otherwise ?

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    I would have just said irresponsible pet owners. Cat owners are just as bad.

CC International Master
    Irresponsible goldfish owners are also very bad

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Rout View Post
    I would have just said irresponsible pet owners. Cat owners are just as bad.
    For sure for every delusional dog owner who believes their dog never chases wildlife there will be a delusional cat owner who believes their cat willingly confines itself to the borders of their property at all times and eats only what they feed it. Despite such work as this showing otherwise:

https://www.cradlecoast.com/cat-tracker/
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

CC International Master
    Cats are the nuclear bombs of the animal world, they are highly efficient killing machines that destroy native animals. I hate cats.

Banned Hydra
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Colliver View Post
    Cats are the nuclear bombs of the animal world, they are highly efficient killing machines that destroy native animals. I hate cats.
    As long as you never kill a cat in defence of a native animal!

Hate is a curious stance to have as a pacifist.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Cromulent Sparkles View Post
    Hate is a curious stance to have as a pacifist.
    Feral cats kill 2 billion native animals every year. Hate is the right response.

They're very good at destroying introduced animals too. As seen on Macquarie Island - when all the cats were removed, rabbit numbers exploded.

I like cats, but they need to be kept out of bushland. Unfortunately, eradicating feral cats is usually impractical, and a lot of people get very silly about it.

Thread Information