Thread: The Gauntlet

CC International Master

The Gauntlet

Anton is smashing the previous record on the Gauntlet. It is a twitch reference but there should be a youtube one soon.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1111475959

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Anton is smashing the previous record on the Gauntlet. It is a twitch reference but there should be a youtube one soon.

If I may ask is there any benefit in playing such format? Big dollars would be half a decent reason.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Is the outcome of a blitz (3'+1") match between GM Smirnov and IM Smirnov (where the GM was playing blindfolded) as reported in another social media platform?
    Apparently, Anton's performance in the Gauntlet as well as the result of the blitz match attracted reactions by dozens of members amongst which Australian chess personalities and others.
    PS Actually, I just saw the blitz match post, congratulations to Anton for yet another great achievement! (The Gauntlet as well as the blitz match!)
    Last edited by ER; 09-08-2021 at 02:40 AM.
    https://www.nswca.org.au/index.php
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.
    Fully vaccinated since October, 21, 2021

CC Candidate Master
    Good on ya Anton.
    For the uninformed (including myself) what is this Gauntlet and who held the record prviously. Thanks Vlad for the heads up.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    PS Actually, I just saw the blitz match post, congratulations to Anton for yet another great achievement! (The Gauntlet as well as the blitz match!)
    Below is the extra bit from my fb post:

It was not a big surprise to me after he managed to beat me blindfolded (6.5/3.5) in a blitz (3+1) match last month. Well, I could be a retired IM but I still keep 2600+ on both chess.com and lichess in both blitz and bullet. And nobody ever beat me blindfolded in the past.🙂

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HAHAHAHA View Post
    Good on ya Anton.
    For the uninformed (including myself) what is this Gauntlet and who held the record prviously. Thanks Vlad for the heads up.
    I do not have any extra info relative to what you can see in the video. I believe the record used to be by Robson.

Anton contained himself in the last game - he could have asked for more. Well, he plays at least as a 2500 when blindfolded and he only gave 3 minutes odds to a 2100. That was like the famous Ukrainian Sergey Bubka - smashing his own records by 1 sm so that he can make many new records in the future.

I do not have any extra info relative to what you can see in the video. I believe the record used to be by Robson.

Anton contained himself in the last game - he could have asked for more. Well, he plays at least as a 2500 when blindfolded and he only gave 3 minutes odds to a 2100. That was like the famous Ukrainian Sergey Bubka - smashing his own records by 1 sm so that he can make many new records in the future.
    Top stuff. He is putting Australia on the map. Such grey matter wow. Vlad you should be put out to sire - making a fortune , excuse my enthusiasm.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HAHAHAHA View Post
    I have found the link with more info.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2001232807

Thread Information