CC Rookie

Question Looking for old 2000s/2010s QLD results (High school champs/Somerville House)

Hi everyone !
    I apologize if this is in the wrong place, I only ask you let me know where the right place is
    I was recently discussing some old tournaments with former teammates of mine, and the desire struck me to check some old results out...however, even after consulting the old CAQ website's archive (thanks, Wayback Machine!) I'm still at a loss. I know it's a (very) long shot, but if anyone was able to help, I'd be very grateful.

The results I was hoping to find were from the 2003 brisbane/qld high schools championships, and the Somerville House high school tournaments from 2004-2008, and 2014-2018.

Kind regards

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Chvshophouse View Post
    Hi everyone !
    I apologize if this is in the wrong place, I only ask you let me know where the right place is
    I was recently discussing some old tournaments with former teammates of mine, and the desire struck me to check some old results out...however, even after consulting the old CAQ website's archive (thanks, Wayback Machine!) I'm still at a loss. I know it's a (very) long shot, but if anyone was able to help, I'd be very grateful.

The results I was hoping to find were from the 2003 brisbane/qld high schools championships, and the Somerville House high school tournaments from 2004-2008, and 2014-2018.

Kind regards
    I can definitely help you with the recent Somerville House events: http://www.southsidejuniorchessclub....itationals.htm.

EDIT: And now with the older ones as well - this is the 2003 Qld High Schools Championships.

2003 Qld HS Champs.jpg
    Last edited by Patrick Byrom; 02-08-2021 at 10:39 PM.

CC Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    I can definitely help you with the recent Somerville House events: http://www.southsidejuniorchessclub....itationals.htm.

EDIT: And now with the older ones as well - this is the 2003 Qld High Schools Championships.

2003 Qld HS Champs.jpg
    That's a great help, thanks so much
    Last edited by Chvshophouse; 02-08-2021 at 11:24 PM. Reason: typo

CC Rookie

Red face

Ok, that managed to fill in a great deal of gaps in my memory, and in the family results 'folder'

There are still a few more, if it's not too much of anyone's time:

2003 brisbane high schools championships - b grade
    2004 somerville house - winter (both intermediate and open)
    2006 somerville house - summer (c grade)
    2015 somerville house - autumn (c grade) - this seems to be missing from the zip file

Also, with the 2018 somerville house/summer/c grade results, is the winning team definitely correct?

CC Grandmaster
    Ok, that managed to fill in a great deal of gaps in my memory, and in the family results 'folder'

There are still a few more, if it's not too much of anyone's time: ...

2015 somerville house - autumn (c grade) - this seems to be missing from the zip file
    Because there was no C Grade. It's lucky there was any event at all on that day (May 1)

Also, with the 2018 somerville house/summer/c grade results, is the winning team definitely correct?
    There is only a C Grade in HS, but there is no Summer HS, so I'm not sure what you mean. The scores listed are the official ones, but I don't necessarily have a list of who the prize-winners were.

CC Rookie
    Then something weird might have happened, because I came across this 🤔20210730_185210.jpg

There is only a C Grade in HS, but there is no Summer HS, so I'm not sure what you mean. The scores listed are the official ones, but I don't necessarily have a list of who the prize-winners were.
    Disregard what I said there, there was something I didn't understand, but I do now

CC Grandmaster
    Then something weird might have happened, because I came across this ��20210730_185210.jpg
    Something weird did happen - one of the worst storms in Brisbane that I can remember occurred in May As a result, due to the small number of players, the C Grade trophies (which were already purchased) were given to the best performers in the Novice Grade. There was no separate C Grade, and therefore no results for C Grade.

CC Rookie
    Something weird did happen - one of the worst storms in Brisbane that I can remember occurred in May As a result, due to the small number of players, the C Grade trophies (which were already purchased) were given to the best performers in the Novice Grade. There was no separate C Grade, and therefore no results for C Grade.
    Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Thread Information