View Poll Results: Who will win or go furthest in the World Cup (Pick up to 3 players)

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carlsen [OUT]

10 62.50%
  • Caruana [OUT]

5 31.25%
  • Aronian [WITHDREW]

2 12.50%
  • Giri [OUT]

8 50.00%
  • Grischuk [OUT]

1 6.25%
  • Mamedyarov [OUT]

3 18.75%
  • Vachier-Lagrave [OUT]

3 18.75%
  • Firoujza [OUT]

4 25.00%
  • Dominguez [OUT]

0 0%
  • Karjakin [RUNNER-UP]

3 18.75%
  • Harikrishna [OUT]

0 0%
  • Duda [WINNER]

1 6.25%
  • Vidit Santosh Gujrathi [OUT]

0 0%
  • Andreikin [OUT]

0 0%
  • Vitiugov [OUT]

0 0%
  • Esipenko [OUT]

0 0%
  • Dubov [OUT]

2 12.50%
  • Svidler [OUT]

0 0%
  • Vallejo Pons [OUT]

0 0%
  • Xiong [OUT]

0 0%
  • Tomashevsky [OUT]

0 0%
  • Yu Yangyi [OUT]

1 6.25%
  • Artemiev [OUT]

1 6.25%
  • Amin [OUT]

0 0%
  • Van Foreest [OUT]

0 0%
  • Alekseenko [OUT]

0 0%
  • Kryvoruchko [OUT]

0 0%
  • Gelfand [OUT]

0 0%
  • Cheng [OUT]

0 0%
  • Other (NAME IN THREAD)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    CC FIDE Master
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Your prediction of Duda getting thrashed by Carlsen didn't hold up very well.
    No it didn't, I was wrong.

Where was your prediction?

CC FIDE Master
    So tonight we have,

Duda hopefully trying to beat Carlsen with white to make the final and the candidates

Karjakin with white against Fedoseev, he should try and win this

Goryachkina in a must win game with black against Kosteniuk, should be very exciting

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Colliver View Post
    No it didn't, I was wrong.

Where was your prediction?
    I don't follow the players just the odd game. I don't know anything about them except Carlsen.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC FIDE Master
    I don't follow the players just the odd game. I don't know anything about them except Carlsen.
    I don't know anything either by how my predictions are going

CC FIDE Master
    Kosteniuk has a position that gives Goryachkina little chance of winning so Kosteniuk is going to win the Women's World Cup

CC FIDE Master
    Karjakin is through to the final and has qualified for the Candidates. It will be good to see him in the Candidates as he is one of the elite chess players.

CC FIDE Master
    Kosteniuk has a position that gives Goryachkina little chance of winning so Kosteniuk is going to win the Women's World Cup
    The agree to a draw in a winning position for Kosteniuk so Kosteniuk is the champion.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    And has done so. A quieter game after that amazing game yesterday.

This was game 1 Goryachkina - Kosteniuk. Goryachkina was winning eg with 36.Rd1 but missed the win and then made other mistakes. The tablebase ending was always won for Kosteniuk, a rare case of KR vs KB being a win because of the defender having hopeless king position.

PGN Viewer

Lucky there but impressive feat by Kosteniuk to win every match in classical. Checking the records of these FIDE knockouts Kosteniuk is the only player, male or female, to have ever done this, and she has done it twice!
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar
    The agree to a draw in a winning position for Kosteniuk so Kosteniuk is the champion.
    If i read correctly nobody picked her in the poll?? My ignorance is bliss
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Well Karjakin was a former world cup winner, after having trailed Svidler 0-2 in the final match (of which Svidler never tires of being reminded).
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

CC International Master
    Karjakin is through to the final and has qualified for the Candidates. It will be good to see him in the Candidates as he is one of the elite chess players.
    I have Karjakin in the poll but even if he wins I only get third on tie-break. In fact I think machomortensen has already won in every scenario, and already had done by the quarter-finals.

If i read correctly nobody picked her in the poll?? My ignorance is bliss
    There was no poll for the women's. Try to pay attention.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Rout View Post
    I have Karjakin in the poll but even if he wins I only get third on tie-break. In fact I think machomortensen has already won in every scenario, and already had done by the quarter-finals.
    Except if Duda wins the tournament, in which case Garvinator wins the poll.

CC FIDE Master
    Carlsen or Duda tonight? Who do you pick?

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Except if Duda wins the tournament, in which case Garvinator wins the poll.
    Ah yes, I missed the short name in the list and thought there were only two live players. So still two people in it.

Thread Information