0 0%
  • Nepomniachtchi wins by seven games

0 0%
  • Match does not happen or not completed for whatever reason

0 0%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Colliver View Post
    Chess24 have David Howell who is a terrible commentator, hate him and
    GM Howell is on a different stream, one aimed at beginners/non-players I guess. So he has to dumb it down a lot.

Tania Sachdev who I also hate so definitely not watching them.
    I wouldn't be watching it if she were on it either.

Polgar/Giri coverage was very good from what I saw, though I turned to chess.com when a random IM was giving some stories. Caruana is top shelf, of course, and I like Rensch's energy.
    So what's your excuse? For running like the devil's chasing you?

See you in another life, brotha.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    GM Howell is on a different stream, one aimed at beginners/non-players I guess. So he has to dumb it down a lot.

I wouldn't be watching it if she were on it either.

Polgar/Giri coverage was very good from what I saw, though I turned to chess.com when a random IM was giving some stories. Caruana is top shelf, of course, and I like Rensch's energy.
    I did not realise there was two different chess24 streams, I will try and find the second one tonight.

I do not like Rensch that much but I think Caruana and Hess are top quality.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    I was surprised to find there's a game tonight. Posting the schedule:

Friday, 26 November Game 1
    Saturday, 27 November Game 2
    Sunday, 28 November Game 3
    Monday, 29 November Rest day
    Tuesday, 30 November Game 4
    Wednesday, 1 December Game 5
    Thursday, 2 December Rest day
    Friday, 3 December Game 6
    Saturday, 4 December Game 7
    Sunday, 5 December Game 8
    Monday, 6 December Rest day
    Tuesday, 7 December Game 9
    Wednesday, 8 December Game 10
    Thursday, 9 December Rest day
    Friday, 10 December Game 11
    Saturday, 11 December Game 12
    Sunday, 12 December Game 13
    Monday, 13 December Rest day
    Tuesday, 14 December Game 14
    Wednesday, 15 December Tiebreak or closing ceremony
    Thursday, 16 December Closing ceremony in case of a tiebreak
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

CC FIDE Master
    I enjoyed the Levitov Chess (English-language) stream last night with Svidler and Miro; apparently they had Kramnik for game 1. No video of the players, just intense analysis.

Game 3 (Nepo white)

PGN Viewer

Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Carlsen wins by seven or more games - poll option is now not possible

and same with Nepo

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    I was surprised to find there's a game tonight.
    Yes, and apparently there is no switching of colours halfway through, so Nepo will have first "serve" for the whole match.

Quote Originally Posted by pappubahry View Post
    I enjoyed the Levitov Chess (English-language) stream last night with Svidler and Miro; apparently they had Kramnik for game 1. No video of the players, just intense analysis.
    Thanks for this, I will check that out. Svidler is one of my favourite commentators, actually maybe even my very favourite.

Yes, and apparently there is no switching of colours halfway through, so Nepo will have first "serve" for the whole match.
    Not correct in terms of 'first serve' ie having white after the rest day.

Nepo's colours.

W
    B
    W

B
    W

B
    W
    B

W
    B

W
    B
    W

B

As you see, both players end up with as many whites and blacks after the rest day with this schedule. The only major issue I can see with this schedule is that one player automatically gets 2 sets of 2 whites, 1 black. The opponent only gets 1 set of 2 whites, 1 black.

Except for using a 3 game, rest day, 3 game, rest day, 3 game, rest day, 3 game rest day, 1 game, rest day, 1 game, rest day, schedule. This is probably the fairest for 14 games.
    Last edited by Garvinator; 29-11-2021 at 01:24 PM.

It can be argued that there's some slight advantage of the toss in this system. An extra WBW sequence with an extra lone B game at the end sounds better to me than the extra BWB sequence with the extra lone W game at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvinator View Post
    Not correct in terms of 'first serve' ie having white after the rest day.
    I wasn't talking about after the rest day, was talking about him always having the first white in each game couple.

I wasn't talking about after the rest day, was talking about him always having the first white in each game couple.
    There are only two two game sets. And Nepo only has white first up in one of them from the colour schedule that I have posted.

CC International Master
    It can be argued that there's some slight advantage of the toss in this system. An extra WBW sequence with an extra lone B game at the end sounds better to me than the extra BWB sequence with the extra lone W game at the end.
    On the other hand the player with the first White gets their last White, when they really may need to win, at the end of a three-game sequence while the other player gets it after a day's rest/preparation. Not sure which I'd prefer, it would probably depend where I expected to be after 12 games.

Chessbase quotes Anand correctly predicting that Nepo would play 1.e4 again in Game 3 because it made more sense to use the rest day before going for something new. Of course that might mean changing to the Italian or Scotch, or calling Carlsen's bluff with 8.c3, in Game 5; or Carlsen might get in first with 1...c5.

I am little bit confused by this comment. In the first sentence, are you saying that this schedule does carry a small advantage from the drawing of lots ie Nepo has gained a small advantage by drawing white in game one?

Therefore, I am also confused by your second comment.

The schedule that I think is better than this is:

Nepo's colours:

W
    B
    W

B
    W
    B

W
    B
    W

B
    W
    B

W

B

Both players get two sets of two whites, one black and vice versa. And Game 13 and Game 14 are individual games.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Rout View Post
    On the other hand the player with the first White gets their last White, when they really may need to win, at the end of a three-game sequence while the other player gets it after a day's rest/preparation. Not sure which I'd prefer, it would probably depend where I expected to be after 12 games.

Chessbase quotes Anand correctly predicting that Nepo would play 1.e4 again in Game 3 because it made more sense to use the rest day before going for something new. Of course that might mean changing to the Italian or Scotch, or calling Carlsen's bluff with 8.c3, in Game 5; or Carlsen might get in first with 1...c5.
    1...c5 at this stage of the match may be too risky...so probably Magnus will stick to e5 for now.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Thread Information