Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Email sent.

My leave request was approved today.

Will probably play.

cheers Garrett.

CC International Master
    The CAQ has moved the 2021 Queensland Seniors to Saturday October 23 and Sunday October 24 at St Joseph's Catholic Primary School, Phillips Street, Bracken Ridge. It is now three weeks before the Oceania Seniors and a perfect warm up for it. See the CAQ Website under Coming Events for full entry details of the CAQ 2021 Queensland Seniors.

CC Rookie
    The event remains on course and we hope by mid-Nov all states and NZ can attend.
    About 20 of 25 early entrants have re-affirmed they'll play unless prevented by restrictions.
    As well as the 7-day OSCC event, we plan a 2-day open rapid, 1-day open blitz, 3-day all-ages Noosa Novice, and Saturday junior tournament - along with game commentary at the venue and exhibitions around the Noosa region.
    Altogether, it will be the 'Noosa Chess Festival'.
    With early entries, sponsorships and grants, we're approaching 20K in funds to make it all happen.
    Please keep entering, payments can be delayed.
    At 1st Oct we will review the covid situation again.
    Full refunds are offered for any withdrawals.

CC Rookie
    Hi Garett, Hope you can play. Could you resend your email pls? Cheers, Ralph

Thanks prez, good move and quite tempting!

Quote Originally Posted by StokesyRedcliff View Post
    The CAQ has moved the 2021 Queensland Seniors to Saturday October 23 and Sunday October 24 at St Joseph's Catholic Primary School, Phillips Street, Bracken Ridge. It is now three weeks before the Oceania Seniors and a perfect warm up for it.
    I like Bracken Ridge, was once tempted to buy property there!

Positive points.

• Close to Sandgate (small part beach) and other parks and beaches!
    • Close to the airport

Negative:

Tad far from Brissy, it's been now more than three years since I had (chess or no chess) holidays in Brisbane!

Of course it all depends on govt covid-19 restrictions.
    Last edited by ER; 14-08-2021 at 05:51 PM.
    https://www.nswca.org.au/index.php
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.
    Fully vaccinated since October, 21, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by RalphJackson View Post
    The event remains on course and we hope by mid-Nov all states and NZ can attend.
    Thanks for the update Ralph, I very much hope so too!

About 20 of 25 early entrants have re-affirmed they'll play unless prevented by restrictions.
    Fingers crossed!

As well as the 7-day OSCC event, we plan a 2-day open rapid, 1-day open blitz, 3-day all-ages Noosa Novice, and Saturday junior tournament - along with game commentary at the venue and exhibitions around the Noosa region.
    Altogether, it will be the 'Noosa Chess Festival'

I hope accom will be flexible to cater for extensions of stay

With early entries, sponsorships and grants, we're approaching 20K in funds to make it all happen.
    Good response!

1st Oct we will review the covid situation again.
    Looking forward to it!

Full refunds are offered for any withdrawals.
    Last thing of my mind! keep up the good work Ralph!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

Postponement of Oceania Seniors Noosa to Nov 2022

Received this notification.

Dear entrants and interested friends,

With the present covid travel restrictions likely to extend into November and beyond, preventing Victoria, NSW, ACT, NZ, Fiji etc from entering Queensland, Noosa Chess Club has made the decision to postpone the Oceania Seniors Chess Championship by 12 months to November 2022, precise dates and venue to be confirmed.

We appreciate the support of players who entered for 2021 and hope you can plan to play in Noosa in late 2022, when the trickiest complications will be on the boards, not the borders.

If you have paid already, please advise your bank account details so we can refund your entry.

Warm regards,

Peter Cam (President) and Ralph Jackson (Secretary)
    Last edited by Keong Ang; 21-09-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Ralph Jackson<secretary.noosachess@gmail.com> Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 9:03 PM
    Bcc: elliott.renzies@(...).com
    With the present covid travel restrictions likely to extend into November and beyond, preventing Victoria, NSW, ACT, NZ, Fiji etc from entering Queensland, Noosa Chess Club has made the decision to postpone the Oceania Seniors Chess Championship by 12 months to November 2022, precise dates and venue to be confirmed.
    That's sad but somewhat expected news! I was half optimistically looking forward to that as part of an extended chess holiday to Noosa and various destinations in S.E. Asia followed by a US major trip.
    It wasn't to be! On the other hand since it's only a postponement and not a cancelation I look forward to seeing you guys next year, covid-19 permitting of course.

We appreciate the support of players who entered for 2021 and hope you can plan to play in Noosa in late 2022, when the trickiest complications will be on the boards, not the borders.
    Witty and encouraging!

If you have paid already, please advise your bank account details so we can refund your entry.
    No need for a refund if money already sent can be used as part entry fee e.t.c. payment for next year's event!

Cheers and good luck!

E.R.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Disappointing but hardly unexpected. I'm already looking forward to next year's event. Many thanks to Ralph, Peter and other Noosa Chess Club members for all their efforts to date.
    Fischer visiting Tal in hospital - Curaçao 1962

"You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one." - Mikhail Tal
    "My favourite piece is the one that wins" - Bobby Fischer

CC Rookie
    Hey Guys any news about this coming Oceania Seniors ??? Looks like still pospone,still no updates...

Quote Originally Posted by HaringBastos View Post
    Hey Guys any news about this coming Oceania Seniors ??? Looks like still pospone,still no updates...
    With an announced 12 month postponement, I am not sure exactly what extra information you could reasonably expect from the organisers.

Interstate and International borders are still closed and when they will be open to all Oceania Federations is uncertain.

Therefore, how can the organisers make any firm decisions at this stage when the situation with borders is changing so often?

Thread Information