2021 FIDE World Corporate Championship

Haven’t seen a thread for this one floating around yet so I thought I’d start one.

The World Online Corporate Championship on chess.com starts tomorrow. I am playing as a ring-in on the Allen’s Law Firm team (with each time requiring a female playing each round and allowed to have one person not from their company) comprising of:

Board 1 - Malcolm Stephens
    Board 2 - Eric Shi
    Board 3 - Alana Chibnall
    Board 4 - Adrian Chek

Our team is 6th seed in a our “West B” division that includes several well known companies - Facebook, Twitter, PayPal and Amazon to name a few! Full listing for our division is here https://chess-results.com/tnr549696.aspx?lan=1 . The tournament has 6 rounds in the qualifier with a time control of 10+2, with the top team from each of the 8 divisions qualifying for the finals.

In total there are 288 teams across 8 divisions, including Magnus Carlsen who is making an appearance for an English team. Full list of teams can be found here: https://chess-results.com/tnr549090....1&zeilen=99999

It should be a fun event (minus the 90 minutes round time for a 30 minute game ).
    IA/WFM Alana Chibnall
    2021 O2C Doeberl Cup Chief Arbiter

alanachibnall@hotmail.com

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Alana View Post
    Haven’t seen a thread for this one floating around yet so I thought I’d start one.

The World Online Corporate Championship on chess.com starts tomorrow. I am playing as a ring-in on the Allen’s Law Firm team (with each time requiring a female playing each round and allowed to have one person not from their company) comprising of:

Board 1 - Malcolm Stephens
    Board 2 - Eric Shi
    Board 3 - Alana Chibnall
    Board 4 - Adrian Chek

Our team is 6th seed in a our “West B” division that includes several well known companies - Facebook, Twitter, PayPal and Amazon to name a few! Full listing for our division is here https://chess-results.com/tnr549696.aspx?lan=1 . The tournament has 6 rounds in the qualifier with a time control of 10+2, with the top team from each of the 8 divisions qualifying for the finals.

In total there are 288 teams across 8 divisions, including Magnus Carlsen who is making an appearance for an English team. Full list of teams can be found here: https://chess-results.com/tnr549090....1&zeilen=99999

It should be a fun event (minus the 90 minutes round time for a 30 minute game ).
    A fantastic event. I saw the rules and regulations was tempted to urge one of my clients to put together a team...but was not sure how many people could be ''brought in'' as well as how one's company qualifies as a ''corporation''.
    Good luck!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    A fantastic event. I saw the rules and regulations was tempted to urge one of my clients to put together a team...but was not sure how many people could be ''brought in'' as well as how one's company qualifies as a ''corporation''.
    Good luck!
    As promoted by FIDE and ECU, is a big thing in world chess. It's a pity your organisation is not involved!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

CC Grandmaster
    Alana's team has beaten Facebook!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    As promoted by FIDE and ECU, is a big thing in world chess. It's a pity your organisation is not involved!
    good on Lani's team!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Alana's team has beaten Facebook!
    Very nice and timely win for an AUS team over facebook.

The final ultimately came down to Grenke Bank (feat GM Georg Meier + IM WGM WIM) defeating SBER (feat. GM Nepomniachtchi + FM IM WIM) in tiebreak. Report here.
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

Thread Information