Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Thanks I will canvass further. I like kangaroos format of Saturday and monday but with small numbers one day is fine. Which day your preference?

As added incentive I guarantee you free beachside parking .
    Saturday would be better for me
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    Saturday would be better for me
    You realise that you are now committed to come. Saturday it is.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

For a few reasons there will not be a tournament on Easter Saturday but instead social games all day beginning 10am. In ANZAC room Byron Ex Services Club, end of Jonson Street (main street) on right hand side going out of town.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

For a few reasons there will not be a tournament on Easter Saturday but instead social games all day ...
    That's a bit sad. Well, it doesn't stop you of regularly posting write-ups about the club's activities, like who visited, few things about the atmosphere, funny moments,
    (your inadvertent and unavoidable bragging not exluded) etc. It keeps interest about the club going and will attract new members and visitors.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    That's a bit sad. Well, it doesn't stop you of regularly posting write-ups about the club's activities, like who visited, few things about the atmosphere, funny moments,
    (your inadvertent and unavoidable bragging not exluded) etc. It keeps interest about the club going and will attract new members and visitors.
    Some players may not like my slant on things. I have been admonished before for opening my big mouth. But some good news another good player may be making it his regular joint soon.

I called the BB Ex Services on the phone this morning to see if they can suggest any accomm around the area, just in case I make it there later in the year when I do QLD.
    Very nice people, said there's 2-3 people show up and play friendly games on Mondays in the "newly formed chess club" which is ok by me!
    Last edited by ER; 08-04-2021 at 11:49 AM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    I called the BB Ex Services on the phone this morning to see if they can suggest any accomm around the area, just in case I make it there later in the year when I do QLD.
    Very nice people, said there's 2-3 people show up and play friendly games on Mondays in the "newly formed chess club" which is ok by me!
    There is Lord Byron motel almost next door. But if you give me notice I can get excellent discounts at certain places. Due to recent virus shutdown we virtually closed up. Due to me having prolonged weakness etc. I am delaying promoting but it will come.

I will definitely be holding a championship this year. It was going to be ANZAC day but no public holiday. So sussing out.
    Last edited by antichrist; 08-04-2021 at 02:05 PM.

There is Lord Byron motel almost next door. But if you give me notice I can get excellent discounts at certain places. Due to recent virus shutdown we virtually closed up. Due to me having prolonged weakness etc. I am delaying promoting but it will come.

I will definitely be holding a championship this year. It was going to be ANZAC day but no public holiday. So sussing out.
    excellent thanks!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Time to get your Insta following up AC, you could be famous:

Netflix announces new Byron Bay-set reality series, Byron Baes
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

I love them all my house price is skyrocketing.

Mullumbimby Chess

Chess is played at Paseyo Cafe, 2/43 Stuart Street, Mullumbimby on Saturday mornings 9.30am. They have more outdoor furniture under cover than what their pics show.

Byron Bay Sunrise Estate Chess

Chess is played at Sunrise Bistro at 4pm Saturday. Down Bayshore Drive on left after shopping plaza on right. Good largish open and airy premises with outside gardens. Away from hustle and bustle of central Byron.

The Sun Bistro mentioned above hands out $20 vouchers for wining players as well as free drink vouchers.

Thread Information