Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by starter
    Do you have access to my WPB? I thought I deleted that post.
    I feared we were heading down a path to Mt B.
    I do have access to deleted posts but I did not (nor would I) (ab-)use this to quote from a deleted post. In this case, I just quoted your message before you deleted it. I saw you deleted the original but as no super powers were necessary, I decided to not deleted my post unless you specifically requested it.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Account Permanently Banned firegoat7's Avatar
    Starter, may i be so bold as to suggest, that it is not ChessVictoria that runs the show in Victoria. It is the clubs themselves that run chess. All ChessVictoria needs to do is to facilitate communication between clubs and provide the right framework for the clubs themselves to drive any initiative at a grassroots level.
    Centralisation of power in the decision making is not necessary, all that is needed is logical frameworks, good communication and a touch of visionary (not controlling) initiative from ChessVictoria.

It must be remembered that all communication is a two way street, and while it also certainly less then ideal that MCC does not attend ChessVictoria meetings, it is equally less then ideal that nobody from ChessVictoria posts here regularly, nor on that matter do they visit all clubs regularly.

Cheers FG7

Account Permanently Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cox
    I do have access to deleted posts but I did not (nor would I) (ab-)use this to quote from a deleted post. In this case, I just quoted your message before you deleted it. I saw you deleted the original but as no super powers were necessary, I decided to not deleted my post unless you specifically requested it.
    That is handy to know Baz (the GONG_One).
    Np with your response; although the mind did dwell on who is xxx (the extra adjective you introduced).

starter

Account Permanently Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by firegoat7
    Starter, may i be so bold as to suggest, that it is not ChessVictoria that runs the show in Victoria. It is the clubs themselves that run chess. All ChessVictoria needs to do is to facilitate communication between clubs and provide the right framework for the clubs themselves to drive any initiative at a grassroots level.
    Centralisation of power in the decision making is not necessary, all that is needed is logical frameworks, good communication and a touch of visionary (not controlling) initiative from ChessVictoria.

It must be remembered that all communication is a two way street, and while it also certainly less then ideal that MCC does not attend ChessVictoria meetings, it is equally less then ideal that nobody from ChessVictoria posts here regularly, nor on that matter do they visit all clubs regularly.

Cheers FG7
    Nicely put fg7

I think on the other thread you created recently you said ' good ideas need a resource to carry them through'...something to that effect.
    Applies on this INTERCLUB idea too.

starter

Thread Information