Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Request: The old ACF BB be immediately restored to full func

If you want the old BB full restored send an email requesting such to Paul B the ACF webmaster at

broekhuysep@bigpond.com

CC International Master
    I agree.

Also why is Jeo, locking threads that he does not like? I thought there was going to be robust freedom of expression here.

Is no criticisms of this BB, or ACF or any of chesskit's live telecasting now banned

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    There was a thread about 80 posts long arguing this topic, It was a decision of ACF to move to this BB. If you have any complaints about this BB, make them to admin@chesskit.com, if you are going to complain about ACF moving their bulletin board over here, complain to the ACF, not me.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeo
    There was a thread about 80 posts long arguing this topic, It was a decision of ACF to move to this BB. If you have any complaints about this BB, make them to admin@chesskit.com, if you are going to complain about ACF moving their bulletin board over here, complain to the ACF, not me.
    Where is this thread arguing this topic?

Don't get me wrong - I am not for or against the ACF website moving here :?

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    I deleted it, when it started to go way off topic. How ACF BB transfers is not my responsibility. My responsibility is this forum. So, if any of you have any complaints about THIS forum, please feel free to mail admin@chesskit.com.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Jeo, why delete a post when it starts to go offtopic? The ontopic sections are still relevant and deleting the rest has caused discussions to have to be restarted again on the same matters discussed above.

Based on what I have seen I have no confidence at all in your ability to moderate the ACF-relevant sections of this BB. I must ask you to agree to not moderate them and leave it to the mods from the old forum - if you do not agree then I must support Bill's call for a return to the old BB. The technical gains are not worth having heavy-handed, poorly-considered and nonsensical moderation. I am sorry to have to express things so forthrightly as that but that is the way I see it, as one who has experience in moderating forums with a far higher post volume than this one.

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Why I deleted was because I realised I dont need to cop any crap from anyone about how the BB was transfered. And thats all that was happening. If you dont like this board or any admin, then dont post in it.

I deleted it, when it started to go way off topic. How ACF BB transfers is not my responsibility. My responsibility is this forum. So, if any of you have any complaints about THIS forum, please feel free to mail admin@chesskit.com.
    wow ... you are one powerful man Mr Jeo!
    You've chosen to delete a whole discussion thread just because YOU THINK its off the topic.

Can you actually play chess?!

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    No, I forgot how to play chess.

CC International Master
    Why I deleted was because I realised I dont need to cop any crap from anyone about how the BB was transfered. And thats all that was happening. If you dont like this board or any admin, then dont post in it.
    wityh all due respect Jeo, I think that kevin has a very valid point. I think that the moderating has been very heavy handed and that zero tolerence has been shown for opposing views.

Many times in the old BB, the Forum Admin, paul b, has been criticised - mostly wrongly. There have also been many instances where topics have gone off topic, and then come back into topic again

I do not think deleting threads because they are off topic, or are critical of this BB is the way to go

That's what we are all trying to tell you Mr Jeo - we don't want to post here .... if we have a choice!!

You offered to host our good old BB on your chesskit and you decided you can't accept any criticism so you deleted any posts/threads you don't like. We want to be able to revert back to our old BB and be able to attack you with our crap there, so a win/win for all, don't you agree??

This is a lie.
    No decision was made by the ACF Council regarding this.

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    I do not LIE. Are you saying I hacked your ACF site and changed the link and put an announcement on the front page?

Im seriously sick of your shit. If you post about the change here AGAIN, say bye.

So you deleted all the criticism of yout behaviour regarding deleting posts and complaints.

Thats a great policy.

You are a disgrace.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by peanbrain
    That's what we are all trying to tell you Mr Jeo - we don't want to post here .... if we have a choice!!

You offered to host our good old BB on your chesskit and you decided you can't accept any criticism so you deleted any posts/threads you don't like. We want to be able to revert back to our old BB and be able to attack you with our crap there, so a win/win for all, don't you agree??
    I must agree with most of the sentiments by the old ACF BB posters.

I only post here because for some reason (and I cannot find out why since the old 80 posts thread on this was deleted) the old ACF BB has been merged into this.

Did the ACF know that the price of merging was that teh Forum Admin would delete entire threads and lock threads, if he thought that it was criticising him,was off topic or he does not agree with the views expressed?

Thread Information