Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    CC FIDE Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    550

    2021 MCC City of Melbourne Open (1 Feb - 12 Apr)

    2021 City of Melbourne Open

    Due to current variability in the COVID restrictions, MCC has decided to swap the timing of its Monday night tournaments in the first half of 2021.

    Therefore the first MCC Monday night tournament in 2021 will be the City of Melbourne Open, with the Club Championship to follow afterwards.

    Total limit of 60 players (per MCC’s current COVID protocols)


    Location
    Melbourne Chess Club - 66 Leicester St, Fitzroy

    Format
    9 Round Swiss Tournament, ACF and FIDE rated

    Time Control
    90 minutes per game + 30 seconds per move.
    Forfeit time is 30 minutes after the advertised start time.

    Entry Fee
    $75 Full Member, $65 Concession / Junior Member (add $15 for Non-Members).
    Early bird discount of $10 if paid by Saturday 30th January.
    Club member GMs/WGMs, IMs/WIMs, and FMs/WFMs free.
    Non-Victorian GMs/WGMs and IMs/WIMs not resident in Victoria free.

    Timetable
    Round 1: Mon 1st Feb, 7.15pm
    Round 2: Mon 8th Feb, 7.15pm
    Round 3: Mon 15th Feb, 7.15pm
    Round 4: Mon 22nd Feb, 7.15pm
    Round 5: Mon 1st Mar, 7.15pm
    (No round on Mon 8th Mar due to Begonia Open)
    Round 6: Mon 15th Mar, 7.15pm
    Round 7: Mon 22nd Mar, 7.15pm
    Round 8: Mon 29th Mar, 7.15pm
    (No round on Mon 5 Apr due to Doeberl Cup)
    Round 9: Mon 12th Apr, 7.15pm

    Byes
    Player may take up to two half point byes for rounds 1-7.
    If you want a round 1 bye you must have have fully paid your entry to be paired.
    Refunds are available if notified 24 hours before the start of the event.

    Prizes (Provisional)
    $2100 prize pool

    1st: $600
    2nd: $400
    3rd: $200
    Rating 1: 1st-$200, 2nd-$100
    Rating 2: 1st-$200, 2nd-$100
    Rating 3: 1st-$200, 2nd-$100
    Brilliancy prize: $40 book voucher at club bookshop

    Results/Pairings
    In Chess Chat tournament discussion thread

    Arbiter: Alexej Khamatgaleev (0426 731 726, lehak10@hotmail.com).

    Organiser: Thai Ly (0421 912 296, melbchessclub@gmail.com).

    Further Questions
    melbchessclub@gmail.com

    Registration of entry can be done by Registering on Tornelo at

    https://tornelo.com/chess/orgs/melbo...melbourne-open

    or by contacting the Tournament Organiser or by entering in person at MCC prior to the scheduled close of entries.
    Last edited by Thai Ly; 14-01-2021 at 03:46 PM. Reason: reset date of rd 9 and insert registration URL

  2. #2
    CC FIDE Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    550
    Due to a recent MCC Committee decision, registration of entries and payment of entry fees will now be via Tornelo, for all MCC classical time tournaments until further notice.

    Formerly, this function was done through the MCC website. However, this has now changed following the successful use of Tornelo for this function in both the MCC Allegros and for the Greg Hjorth Online Classic.

    Please note that Tornelo will not be used for pairing or rating purposes. As the tournament is FIDE and ACF rated, the arbiter will use a compliant pairing program (i.e. Vega) instead.

  3. #3
    CC FIDE Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    550

    Become a 2021 MCC member to get discounted entry

    Just a reminder that you can become a MCC member for 2021 to get discounted entries to MCC tournaments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thai Ly View Post
    MCC memberships for 2021 are now open and can be paid online via the Trybooking website:

    2021 MCC memberships Trybooking page


    In light of the effect of COVID restrictions over the much of the past year, MCC are providing major discounts for the 2021 memberships, particularly for any member who is renewing their current membership.

    The fees are set out below:

    2021 MCC Membership Fees
    Adult (Renewing) - $85.00
    Adult - $120.00

    Concession (Renewing) - $62.50
    Concession - $75.00

    Junior (Renewing) - $42.50
    Junior - $60.00

    Country (Renewing) - $30.00
    Country - $45.00

  4. #4
    CC Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2
    Hi - Just wanted to check that you realise that round 9 on Easter Monday (Round 9: Mon 5th Apr, 7.15pm) clashes with the Doeberl Cup in Canberra.
    Any thoughts about pushing this final round back a week in order not to penalise those of us planning to travel to Canberra?
    Peter Clark

  5. #5
    CC FIDE Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkpeter View Post
    Hi - Just wanted to check that you realise that round 9 on Easter Monday (Round 9: Mon 5th Apr, 7.15pm) clashes with the Doeberl Cup in Canberra.
    Any thoughts about pushing this final round back a week in order not to penalise those of us planning to travel to Canberra?
    Peter Clark
    Hi Peter

    Thank you for pointing that out.

    Actually, that was an oversight on our part in respect of setting the calendar.

    I have discussed the matter internally and we have agreed to reset the final round to the next Monday 12 April, which was free in the calendar. This edit has been included in the opening post.

  6. #6
    CC FIDE Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    550

    36 current entries - early bird ends this Saturday

    With the tournament starting next Monday, the field is steadily building with 36 current entries.

    Players would be well advised to register ASAP online and not risk disappointment when turning up on Monday and expecting to enter on the night.

    If you require a round 1 bye, please advise the tournament organiser or arbiter before Monday.

    Finally, a reminder that the early bird discount to entries ends on Saturday.

    Code:
    Adam Kelly
    Alexandros Pappas
    Aman Deepak Thadani
    Amin Fazel
    Benjamin Akok
    Carl Gorka
    Cheng Dai
    Daniel Poberezovsky
    David Beaumont
    Dylan Chan
    Isaac Chai
    Jack Sithu Naing
    Jake Galea
    Jim Papadinis
    Jody Middleton
    Joseph Daffy
    Joshua Culbert
    Kerry Hopkins
    Kevin Bao
    Lachlan Lee
    Lillian Lu
    Nethaji Rathinalingam
    Ollie Campbell
    Paul Kovacevic
    Peter Clark
    Rad Chmiel
    Ray Yang (FM)
    Romain Mortelecque
    Ryder Testolin
    Sam Killmier
    Sandipkumar Shah
    Sean Garcia
    Tejas Cherukuvada
    Thai Ly
    Thomas Hormann
    Zafar Ahmed

  7. #7
    CC FIDE Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    747

    2021 City of Melbourne open - Results of Round 1

    Code:
    2021 MCC City of Melbourne Open: Pairing of round 1, at 19:15 of 01/02/2021
    
    ===================================================================================
      1 = Yang,Ray             ( 0.0) - Anton,Sarah          ( 0.0) =   1 -  26 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      2 = Thadani,Aman Deepak  ( 0.0) - Jager,Jesse          ( 0.0) =  27 -   2 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      3 = Gorka,Carl           ( 0.0) - Khamatgaleev,Michael ( 0.0) =   3 -  30 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      4 = Wyss,Felix           ( 0.0) - Beaumont,David       ( 0.0) =  31 -   5 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      5 = Ly,Thai              ( 0.0) - Mortelecque,Romain   ( 0.0) =   6 -  33 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      6 = Bao,Kevin            ( 0.0) - Niyanta Dave         ( 0.0) =  34 -   7 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      7 = Campbell,Ollie       ( 0.0) - Fazel,Amin           ( 0.0) =  36 -   9 = ½ - ½
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      8 = Kovacevic,Paul       ( 0.0) - Killmier,Sam         ( 0.0) =  10 -  38 = ½ - ½
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      9 = De Rooy Jack         ( 0.0) - Harris,Anthony       ( 0.0) =  40 -  11 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     10 = Culbert,Joshua       ( 0.0) - Akok,Benjamin        ( 0.0) =  12 -  41 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     11 = Hormann,Thomas       ( 0.0) - Hoffmann Philipp     ( 0.0) =  42 -  13 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     12 = Dai,Cheng            ( 0.0) - Cherukuvada,Tejas    ( 0.0) =  14 -  43 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     13 = Wolffs,Walter        ( 0.0) - Lu,Lillian           ( 0.0) =  44 -  15 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     14 = Testolin,Ryder       ( 0.0) - De Rooy Samuel       ( 0.0) =  16 -  45 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     15 = Clutterbok,Primo     ( 0.0) - Ahmed,Zafar          ( 0.0) =  47 -  17 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     16 = Daffy,Joseph         ( 0.0) - Galea,Jake           ( 0.0) =  19 -  48 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     17 = Galia Aaryan         ( 0.0) - Dakic,Dusan          ( 0.0) =  49 -  20 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     18 = Papadinis,Jim        ( 0.0) - Garcia,Sean          ( 0.0) =  21 -  50 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     19 = Haynes,Daniel        ( 0.0) - Lee,Lachlan          ( 0.0) =  51 -  22 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     20 = Fry,Peter            ( 0.0) - Hopkins,Kerry        ( 0.0) =  23 -  52 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     21 = Naing, Sithu         ( 0.0) - Chmiel,Rad           ( 0.0) =  53 -  24 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     22 = Poberezovsky,Daniel  ( 0.0) - Rathinalingham,Netha ( 0.0) =   8 -  54 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     23 = Pappas,Alexandros    ( 0.0) - Shah,Sandipkumar     ( 0.0) =  25 -  55 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     24 = Kelly,Adam           ( 0.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =   4 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     25 = Middleton,Jody       ( 0.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  18 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     26 = Van Sebille,Sulia    ( 0.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  28 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     27 = Chan,Dylan           ( 0.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  29 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     28 = Chai,Isaac           ( 0.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  32 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     29 = Neal,Benjamin        ( 0.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  37 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     30 = Clark,Peter          ( 0.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  39 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     31 = Chung,Jessica        ( 0.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  46 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     32 = Lovegrove,Adam       ( 0.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  35 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    Generated by Vega - www.vegachess.com
    (copy licensed to: Melbourne Chess Club - AUS)

  8. #8
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    15,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Code:
    2021 MCC City of Melbourne Open: Pairing of round 1, at 19:15 of 01/02/2021
    
    ===================================================================================
      1 = Yang,Ray             ( 0.0) - Anton,Sarah          ( 0.0) =   1 -  26 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      2 = Thadani,Aman Deepak  ( 0.0) - Jager,Jesse          ( 0.0) =  27 -   2 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      3 = Gorka,Carl           ( 0.0) - Khamatgaleev,Michael ( 0.0) =   3 -  30 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      4 = Wyss,Felix           ( 0.0) - Beaumont,David       ( 0.0) =  31 -   5 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      5 = Ly,Thai              ( 0.0) - Mortelecque,Romain   ( 0.0) =   6 -  33 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      6 = Bao,Kevin            ( 0.0) - Niyanta Dave         ( 0.0) =  34 -   7 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      7 = Campbell,Ollie       ( 0.0) - Fazel,Amin           ( 0.0) =  36 -   9 = ½ - ½
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      8 = Kovacevic,Paul       ( 0.0) - Killmier,Sam         ( 0.0) =  10 -  38 = ½ - ½
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      9 = De Rooy Jack         ( 0.0) - Harris,Anthony       ( 0.0) =  40 -  11 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     10 = Culbert,Joshua       ( 0.0) - Akok,Benjamin        ( 0.0) =  12 -  41 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     11 = Hormann,Thomas       ( 0.0) - Hoffmann Philipp     ( 0.0) =  42 -  13 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     12 = Dai,Cheng            ( 0.0) - Cherukuvada,Tejas    ( 0.0) =  14 -  43 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     13 = Wolffs,Walter        ( 0.0) - Lu,Lillian           ( 0.0) =  44 -  15 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     14 = Testolin,Ryder       ( 0.0) - De Rooy Samuel       ( 0.0) =  16 -  45 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     15 = Clutterbok,Primo     ( 0.0) - Ahmed,Zafar          ( 0.0) =  47 -  17 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     16 = Daffy,Joseph         ( 0.0) - Galea,Jake           ( 0.0) =  19 -  48 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     17 = Galia Aaryan         ( 0.0) - Dakic,Dusan          ( 0.0) =  49 -  20 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     18 = Papadinis,Jim        ( 0.0) - Garcia,Sean          ( 0.0) =  21 -  50 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     19 = Haynes,Daniel        ( 0.0) - Lee,Lachlan          ( 0.0) =  51 -  22 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     20 = Fry,Peter            ( 0.0) - Hopkins,Kerry        ( 0.0) =  23 -  52 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     21 = Naing, Sithu         ( 0.0) - Chmiel,Rad           ( 0.0) =  53 -  24 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     22 = Poberezovsky,Daniel  ( 0.0) - Rathinalingham,Netha ( 0.0) =   8 -  54 = 0 - 1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     23 = Pappas,Alexandros    ( 0.0) - Shah,Sandipkumar     ( 0.0) =  25 -  55 = 1 - 0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     24 = Kelly,Adam           ( 0.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =   4 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     25 = Middleton,Jody       ( 0.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  18 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     26 = Van Sebille,Sulia    ( 0.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  28 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     27 = Chan,Dylan           ( 0.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  29 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     28 = Chai,Isaac           ( 0.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  32 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     29 = Neal,Benjamin        ( 0.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  37 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     30 = Clark,Peter          ( 0.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  39 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     31 = Chung,Jessica        ( 0.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  46 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     32 = Lovegrove,Adam       ( 0.0) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  35 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    Generated by Vega - www.vegachess.com
    (copy licensed to: Melbourne Chess Club - AUS)
    Massive upset on board 3! Well done by Misha!
    Also, when you see Ryder playing board 14, you will easily realize how underrated some juniors are (particularly after pandemics-fueled inactivity)
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  9. #9
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    31
    Oh my word: Carl returned to MCC before I had a chance to remind him country memberships are available lol. Also, is it rude to put here any reason I think that upset isn't so surprising, at least to me? Finally, will that game be entered online?

  10. #10
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    15,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael. I View Post
    Oh my word: Carl returned to MCC before I had a chance to remind him country memberships are available lol. Also, is it rude to put here any reason I think that upset isn't so surprising, at least to me? Finally, will that game be entered online?
    The game will be entered online only if one of the players shares it. Re putting reasons for upset, there are no set standards for what is ''rude'' and what is not'' but generally. I would refrain from sharing personal reasons that are not available via ''open source'' channels.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  11. #11
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    31
    Would something like Carl not having played much long play chess be seen as offensive? But regardless, I also congratulate Michael Khamatgaleev on the upset :-)

  12. #12
    CC FIDE Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    747

    2021 City of Melbourne open - Pairing of Round 2

    Code:
    2021 MCC City of Melbourne Open: Pairing of round 2, at 19:15 of 08/02/2021
    
    ===================================================================================
      1 = Ahmed,Zafar          ( 1.0) - Yang,Ray             ( 1.0) =  17 -   1 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      2 = Jager,Jesse          ( 1.0) - Daffy,Joseph         ( 1.0) =   2 -  19 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      3 = Beaumont,David       ( 1.0) - Papadinis,Jim        ( 1.0) =   5 -  21 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      4 = Dakic,Dusan          ( 1.0) - Ly,Thai              ( 1.0) =  20 -   6 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      5 = Harris,Anthony       ( 1.0) - Fry,Peter            ( 1.0) =  11 -  23 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      6 = Lee,Lachlan          ( 1.0) - Culbert,Joshua       ( 1.0) =  22 -  12 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      7 = Hoffmann Philipp     ( 1.0) - Pappas,Alexandros    ( 1.0) =  13 -  25 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      8 = Chmiel,Rad           ( 1.0) - Dai,Cheng            ( 1.0) =  24 -  14 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      9 = Lu,Lillian           ( 1.0) - Bao,Kevin            ( 1.0) =  15 -  34 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     10 = Khamatgaleev,Michael ( 1.0) - Testolin,Ryder       ( 1.0) =  30 -  16 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     11 = Rathinalingham,Netha ( 1.0) - Kelly,Adam           ( 0.5) =  54 -   4 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     12 = Fazel,Amin           ( 0.5) - Lovegrove,Adam       ( 0.5) =   9 -  35 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     13 = Middleton,Jody       ( 0.5) - Campbell,Ollie       ( 0.5) =  18 -  36 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     14 = Killmier,Sam         ( 0.5) - Van Sebille,Sulia    ( 0.5) =  38 -  28 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     15 = Chan,Dylan           ( 0.5) - Clark,Peter          ( 0.5) =  29 -  39 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     16 = Chung,Jessica        ( 0.5) - Chai,Isaac           ( 0.5) =  46 -  32 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     17 = Cherukuvada,Tejas    ( 0.0) - Gorka,Carl           ( 0.0) =  43 -   3 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     18 = Niyanta Dave         ( 0.0) - Wolffs,Walter        ( 0.0) =   7 -  44 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     19 = De Rooy Samuel       ( 0.0) - Poberezovsky,Daniel  ( 0.0) =  45 -   8 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     20 = Anton,Sarah          ( 0.0) - Clutterbok,Primo     ( 0.0) =  26 -  47 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     21 = Galea,Jake           ( 0.0) - Thadani,Aman Deepak  ( 0.0) =  48 -  27 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     22 = Garcia,Sean          ( 0.0) - Wyss,Felix           ( 0.0) =  50 -  31 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     23 = Mortelecque,Romain   ( 0.0) - Galia Aaryan         ( 0.0) =  33 -  49 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     24 = Hopkins,Kerry        ( 0.0) - De Rooy Jack         ( 0.0) =  52 -  40 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     25 = Akok,Benjamin        ( 0.0) - Haynes,Daniel        ( 0.0) =  41 -  51 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     26 = Shah,Sandipkumar     ( 0.0) - Hormann,Thomas       ( 0.0) =  55 -  42 =  ... 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     27 = Naing, Sithu         ( 0.0) - ( bye )              ( 0.0) =  53 -   0 = 1    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     28 = Kovacevic,Paul       ( 0.5) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  10 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     29 = Neal,Benjamin        ( 0.5) - ( half point bye )   ( 0.0) =  37 -   0 = ½    
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    Generated by Vega - www.vegachess.com
    (copy licensed to: Melbourne Chess Club - AUS)

  13. #13
    CC FIDE Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael. I View Post
    Would something like Carl not having played much long play chess be seen as offensive? But regardless, I also congratulate Michael Khamatgaleev on the upset :-)
    In my opinion, these speculative comments don't look appropriate in the public chat. As an arbiter, I would ask to desist from touching upon personal reasons.

  14. #14
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    31
    That's fine, sorry.

  15. #15
    CC FIDE Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    550
    Repost from the MCC Announcements Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Thai Ly View Post
    Change in Victorian Mask Policy

    Please note that due to a change in Victoria's mask policy, until further notice, masks are now mandatory at MCC.

    As MCC is an indoor public place, masks must be worn, apart from when eating or drinking.

    For more information, please see the link below.
    https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/important-alert-about-new-hotel-quarantine-case-covid-19


    MCC Committee
    4 Feb 2021

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. City of Melbourne Open 2013
    By Grant Szuveges in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 11:42 PM
  2. City of Melbourne Open 2009
    By Bereaved in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 20-08-2009, 12:36 AM
  3. 2005 City of Melbourne Open
    By NRMASIFD&GKFKBBK in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 21-03-2006, 04:08 PM
  4. City of Melbourne Open
    By Duff McKagan in forum Games and Analysis
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-09-2005, 01:19 AM
  5. City of Melbourne Open
    By Bereaved in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 02:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •