Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23
  1. #16
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    17,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael. I View Post
    So what is stopping Mark Chapman from having the actual title?
    As he is living in Adelaide, he is not a member of the Melbourne Chess Club.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  2. #17
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    As he is living in Adelaide, he is not a member of the Melbourne Chess Club.
    Are you not able to be a member if you live outside of Melbourne?

  3. #18
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    17,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun94 View Post
    Are you not able to be a member if you live outside of Melbourne?
    You are able to be a member and I believe discounted memberships are available for those living interstate. However, from a practical perspective, there are few financial benefits for joining unless someone is a frequent visitor to Melbourne. We do have interstate members though who join mostly in order to support the club!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  4. #19
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    You are able to be a member and I believe discounted memberships are available for those living interstate. However, from a practical perspective, there are few financial benefits for joining unless someone is a frequent visitor to Melbourne. We do have interstate members though who join mostly in order to support the club!
    Thanks for clarifying, so if someone from interstate was to join and win a tournament would they be eligible to win a title.

  5. #20
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    17,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun94 View Post
    Thanks for clarifying, so if someone from interstate was to join and win a tournament would they be eligible to win a title.
    Absolutely! Club titles are not State titles, so one can join from Interstate, overseas etc. and win the titles as long as they are club members. It should be noted that it was an Open tournament so there were some other participants in the field who are based in Melbourne...but are not club members! they were also eligible to win prizes but not the title.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  6. #21
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    173
    Which means MCC allowed him to be declared the champion of an Allegro he wins as far as Tornelo knows?

  7. #22
    CC Grandmaster ER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    13,616
    BE it blitz or Allegro, when common mortals play it's just a game, when Michael Baron plays it's an event!

    Attachment 4769

    Classical chess he hasn't played for donkey's years so I can't tell!
    Last edited by ER; 02-02-2021 at 10:03 PM.
    https://www.nswca.org.au/index.php
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

    From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

  8. #23
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    17,019
    Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    BE it blitz or Allegro, when common mortals play it's just a game, when Michael Baron plays it's an event!

    Attachment 4769

    Classical chess he hasn't played for donkey's years so I can't tell!
    Or yes, it was an epic endgame struggle vs a 2600 rated GM...I lost that endgame (it was bad from the start) but nevertheless enjoyed the struggle.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2020 MCC Blitz Championship (Sunday 2 Feb - after MCC AGM)
    By Thai Ly in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-02-2020, 11:51 PM
  2. 2019 MCC Blitz Championship (Sunday 3 Feb - after MCC AGM)
    By Thai Ly in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2019, 09:06 PM
  3. 2018 MCC Blitz Championship (Sunday 18 Feb - after MCC AGM)
    By Thai Ly in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-02-2018, 10:35 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-01-2018, 10:37 PM
  5. 2013 caq inc qld blitz championship sunday dec 15 bracken ridge
    By StokesyRedcliff in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-12-2013, 11:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •