CC Rookie

Has Online Chessbase Database Just Changed....and lost the simple Search Board?

A few days ago online Chessbase Database started to be presented in a new layout when I logged in. Do other people see the same or I have been diverted to some sort of beta test?

Importantly, this new format does not allow you to put in a position and simply click "Search Board" to see the games that reached this position and how they continued.

(For reference, the one I am seeing now has a grey bar at the very top with "DATABASE by ChessBase" in the middle and underneath a place for players' names and photos.)

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Yes there's a new format; I'm seeing it too.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

CC Rookie
    Do you also have the same problem as me that you can no longer simply enter a position (or reach one in a database game you are going through) and then Click "Search Board" to see where it occurred in other games and how the players continued? When I click on it nothing happens now. If that is the real situation, it is a BIG loss of functionality.

CC Rookie
    In case anyone is interested, I got a reply from Chessbase who confirmed that they have indeed changed things - to accommodate mobile users. However, the good news is that the more functional version is still available as well if you know where to go

This is what they said:

"Our developers had to customize the functions for the use on mobile devices.
    The old version is still available at https://database2.chessbase.com
    Sort for moves should be possible also in the new version.
    Position search will be integrated later."

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrook View Post
    Do you also have the same problem as me that you can no longer simply enter a position (or reach one in a database game you are going through) and then Click "Search Board" to see where it occurred in other games and how the players continued? When I click on it nothing happens now. If that is the real situation, it is a BIG loss of functionality.
    I hadn't been using that function on the old version so probably wouldn't have noticed its absence. I also couldn't find it on the new version. Thanks for the link to the old version as the new version is somewhat counter-intuitive in the way the search function for entered moves works, and I preferred the old one.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Hmmm.....Hopefully chessbase will stick w da updating its platform for now they have taken 1 step forward n two steps back in order to update their plateform to reach more chess minded ppl in da world... Sprout will totally be checking into playchess soon to sse if they also updated their platform for they use chessbase for their index n such EEKY !!!

Thanks blackrook for the info on da topic at hand here(chessbase updating) n KB for kicking da second perspective on da topic. =0P

-Sprout85
    Please help your healthcare workers stay safer from the corona virus by building and donating Intubation Boxes to your local hospitals. Go to www.upfurniture.com & download the free open source PDF.Files & get started today

Lets all Pitch in with Sprout n Donate some worthy funds to www.wildlifewarriors.org to show a lil kindness too all our hurting animal friends recently displaced from da Horrific 2019 Australian Wildfire Season =)

Thread Information