Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    And now there is one:
    “From 1st June 2021 only tournaments that have been paired and submitted using either Vega or Orion will be accepted for FIDE or ACF rating. Any exemption is at the sole discretion of the ACF National Ratings Officers.”
    It will be interesting to see if any exemptions will be granted. I enquired about the circumstances that may warrant such an exemption and was told there won't be any given. Terms like sole discretion does sound like it's an opportunity to maintain a level of power but it would be interesting know what would justify such exemptions.

I wonder what prompted the ACF and rating officer to bring forward a definite date and push things through.... I'm sure it would have nothing to do with certain individuals questioning the double standards etc.

For the record I believe Vega is the much better program in terms of correct pairings etc. I do understand SP98 is much easier to manipulate though. Just pleased to see it will be fair across the board with everyone using the same platform.
    Last edited by Shaun94; 22-01-2021 at 02:22 PM.

And now there is one:
    “From 1st June 2021 only tournaments that have been paired and submitted using either Vega or Orion will be accepted for FIDE or ACF rating. Any exemption is at the sole discretion of the ACF National Ratings Officers.”

But it doesn't clarify whether manual adjustments to the pairings are permitted. If I have two players on a club night without a game because their opponents haven't shown up, can I pair them together? Or will that prevent the tournament from being rated?
    Manual adjustments in the case you specified are permitted.
    Manually pairing the whole round isn’t permitted.

You cannot use Swiss Perfect to do the pairings and then manually enter those pairings into Vega and submit the Vega file for rating.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

CC International Master
    And now there is one:

But it doesn't clarify whether manual adjustments to the pairings are permitted. If I have two players on a club night without a game because their opponents haven't shown up, can I pair them together? Or will that prevent the tournament from being rated?
    I would have thought the key word is "submitted". So long as the results can be read into the rating system they are just a set of data and are just as fit for purpose if the tournament was run under Brisbane Swiss pairings or any other non-standard system, unless it obviously involves some sort of swifty to manipulate the ratings.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos View Post
    Manual adjustments in the case you specified are permitted. ...
    And I assume that players who arrive after the round has started can be manually paired?

And I assume that players who arrive after the round has started can be manually paired?
    Correct.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Thread Information