Thread: Spanish Flu

Spanish Flu

On Australian Story broadcast last night on
    ABC they stated that there were 15,000 casualties and that they stopped counting in 1919 when it was effectively over and had become a less dangerous flu.

Firstly I was shocked by the low 15k figure, I had only yesterday morning spoken to a guy from the Kimberley Ranges who stated that maybe 90% of the Aborigines there were wiped out by the flu.

As well an old Byron veteran who come to Byron from England in 1922 (Dreadnought Boy) advised me about 1990 that he witnessed hundreds of bodies of dead flu Aboriginal victims on roads in Northern Rivers region. That means after 1919 when they had stopped counting.

As well I have an aunty who died in Oz from the flu after 1922. It could not have been in isolation.

I think the 15,000 figure is wrong, misleading and a cover up.

I doubt they even counted or estimated Aborigines dying in outlying communities where there was a severe lack of communication and knowledge.
    Last edited by antichrist; 01-12-2020 at 03:31 AM.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    ... I think the 15,000 figure is wrong, misleading and a cover up.

I doubt they even counted or estimated Aborigines dying in outlying communities where there was a severe lack of communication and knowledge.
    The count, if any, of Aboriginal deaths would certainly be unreliable. They didn't achieve equality until the 1967 referendum (supported by 90% of Australians)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    The count, if any, of Aboriginal deaths would certainly be unreliable. They didn't achieve equality until the 1967 referendum (supported by 90% of Australians)
    It reminds me of the Death Railway of Thailand/ Burma. I only had every heard of white casualties until a few weeks ago. But there were about 8 times more coloured casualties.

(an aside it was a bad decision to build such with that landsape)
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Sprouty was all strolling on thru da non chess section and stumbled over this tid bit of a thread...... To keep it revelent , Sprouty would like to Remind every here at chess chats That da States have now had more deaths due to da corona19 virus than da Spanish flu way way back in 1912 or maybe it was 1918 here on da west coast of da united states people were droping like flys back then due to influenza. 100 yrs later world wide virus pandemics just like back then Hmmmmm ......

-Sprout85
    Every One will Catch da Corona19 Virus, May God Help Us All
    You just can't reason with da BA.2.12.1 type Corona19 Virus...... IT DON'T CARE !!!1

Just trying to stay Positive in this New Bizarro World -Sprout85

Thread Information