Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    CC Grandmaster
    The way to prevent this in Swiss Perfect is to use 'Pairing' -> 'Verify Correctness' after each round. Or switch to Vega, which doesn't allow you to do this

Quote Originally Posted by James Peirce View Post
    Surely a unique feat in Australian Chess!
    Lol correct! Actually, I remember a case years ago with someone "A Goose" involved but I think the case was resolved in a humorous way.
    Can't remember date, time and venue but something tells me it took place in Tasmania!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    The way to prevent this in Swiss Perfect is to use 'Pairing' -> 'Verify Correctness' after each round. Or switch to Vega, which doesn't allow you to do this
    The other way to prevent it is not to delete a player who actually exists in the pairing window. Unfortunately in some circumstances (player allocated a bye) SP will allow this to be done, however the the bye switches to another player resulting in a player appearing twice.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    Lol correct! Actually, I remember a case years ago with someone "A Goose" involved but I think the case was resolved in a humorous way.
    Can't remember date, time and venue but something tells me it took place in Tasmania!
    There is a Tasmanian "A Goose" reference I'm aware of but it's not related to that; it involves me flippantly substituting "A Goose" for my name after blundering a pure pawn ending in a simul against Erik Teichmann, only for the thing to be immortalised in the ACF newsletter. I don't remember a significant case of this pairings issue in Tasmania, though I do remember a visiting player of middling strength being given two full-point byes by one organiser!
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    There is a Tasmanian "A Goose" reference I'm aware of but it's not related to that; ...
    right now it makes sense.. Actually, I think it's been more than a decade ago and I only had a vague memory of it, I can't actually remember if I read it of heard of it! Just referred to it for fun in the first place anyway!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

CC Candidate Master
    I'm fascinated by the speculation; but just to let everyone know that there was a thirtieth entrant who we shall designate as Player FTA who was in the draw as a bye in the first round but was withdrawn and deleted before the second round was paired. Nobody had an unrequested bye as I became a bye-breaker.. So it looks like Bill has the correct answer. Willemse's score was corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by marlouc View Post
    Willemse's score was corrected.
    When did that happen as his score is wrong in the final standings in post #18.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

CC Candidate Master
    After R3

Thread Information