1 9.09%
  • castle

2 18.18%
  • knight

8 72.73%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar

Fisher Random Game - cont'd from old ACF BB

This is a consultation game between a mystery Victorian player with an ACF rating of around 2000 (White) and members of the old ACF BB (and I guess anyone from this board who may wish to join in) (Black), at the rate of a move whenever we feel like it. "starter" is relaying moves. Active players on the ACF BB were myself, Matthew Sweeney and Garvin Gray (ggrayggray).

Thanks to the nifty features of this board I can show everyone that the game started from this position:

FEN Viewer

and has now reached this position:

FEN Viewer

Black has intact 0-0-0 rights which would involve moving the K to c8 and R to d8.

The former thread including discussion of why we are even doing this can be seen at http://www.chesskit.com/auschess/cgi...num=1061203253

According to a variant of a line posted by Garvin on that board it has been proposed that Black now play ...e5 and I have asked for further comments from team members on this move.

I assume h1 is actually empty as it is illegal to have a pawn there.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Lost in the transit was my vote for b5. I am still too incenced over the thoughtless vadalism that has been done, that I cannot be bothered giving my longish set of reasons for the move

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeo
    Get over it.
    One day, yes. But for now, remember this; the old BB was commercial free. Now we have to look at stinking ads for stinking captialist pig products like Yahoo. I also see that threads are being locked, which is a BAD BAD BAD, VERY BAD start.

Jeo, this is an example of the problem. You deleted a thread before giving as your only reason that it had gone offtopic. Now, in response to a partly off-topic post by Matthew, you have made an entirely offtopic reply. Either you're being inconsistent or you're not explaining yourself very well.

Bill: yes, there is no pawn on h1, will edit it.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    Get over it.
    One day, yes. But for now, remember this; the old BB was commercial free. Now we have to look at stinking ads for stinking captialist pig products like Yahoo. I also see that threads are being locked, which is a BAD BAD BAD, VERY BAD start.
    In teh old ACF BB, in the thousands and thousands of thread, that wereposted, only one thread in my memory was ever locked by the Forum Admin - and that was the one relating to the unwashed urine soaked hands. That too waslocked due to the complaints to the Forum Admin about the grossness of the topic, and the Forum Admin only too action after that. Paul did not initate the locking of threads.

I would think if the old ACF BB is any guide, there will be many threads and posts that will be off topic, that will criticise administrators etc. Do you plan on deleting all these threads or locking these threads as well?

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    If you are going to post about ME, then expect the post to be deleted. Thats all I can say.

If you are going to post about ME, then expect the post to be deleted. Thats all I can say.
    That is absolutely unsatisfactory. You clearly do not have enough experience to moderate this group of posters. I suggest that you write to Paul right now and say that you would prefer not to have the ACF BB crowd transferred to this BB on account of the clashes between their openness and your moderation style.

I am endorsing Bill's call for a return to the old board until I see evidence that you are willing to accept criticism - either that or not moderate the ACF-related sections of the board.

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    I accept criticism, if you are going to be reasonable. If you start childish name calling, and start posting utter bullshit, it will be deleted.

No you dont accept criticism at all.]

This is evidenced by your wanton deleting of posts that criticised your moderation style.

Criticsim by Kevin, shaun and others. People with obviously far more experience than yourself.

I support Kevin's call.

You should inform Paul B that you cannot handle the ACF posters and suggest that he switches back to the old ACF BB.

CC International Master
    I accept criticism, if you are going to be reasonable. If you start childish name calling, and start posting utter [censored], it will be deleted.
    how do you define "start posting utter [censored]"which you state that you will delete?

What you may consider utter crap, may be a valid viewpoint for another person to have

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    No you dont accept criticism at all.]

This is evidenced by your wanton deleting of posts that criticised your moderation style.

Criticsim by Kevin, shaun and others. People with obviously far more experience than yourself.

I support Kevin's call.

You should inform Paul B that you cannot handle the ACF posters and suggest that he switches back to the old ACF BB.
    Keep your shirt on Bill. Jeo has said he will loosen the reins, so lets just wait a bit longer - I can see some blue sky on the horizon.

this is the usual moderation style used on the old bb, how is this relevant to fischer random games :shock:

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    this is the usual moderation style used on the old bb, how is this relevant to fischer random games :shock:
    this is what is called "thread transposition"!!

Thread Information