Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    My experience I needed a lot of studying books in between plus game experience to progress from 1200 to possible giantkiller. If they could determine the opening (their favourite) they may have a chance. As a multiply winner of greatest upsets I never matched anyone nearly that high. So...?
    https://tornelo.com/chess/orgs/ku/ga...2-2e8c7900940c

This is the game....curious where i missed a win ( or was there a win in the first place?). given that opponent's rating and results in OTB events are 1200ish - truly amazing effort by white!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post

This is the game....curious where i missed a win ( or was there a win in the first place?). given that opponent's rating and results in OTB events are 1200ish - truly amazing effort by white!
    Nicely played game. Interesting to see if the improvement is maintained in future OTB chess.
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    Nicely played game. Interesting to see if the improvement is maintained in future OTB chess.
    This is what i am thinking re improvement...someone warned me about him before we started...he also drew with David Cannon (2150 Fide)...he was winning against David...but then started drifting towards draw instead of playing for conversion of advantage ...so I was trying to play ''safely''...
    I noted that he entered yet another allegro (coming saturday). Lets see what happens.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar

There doesn't seem to be a missed win, at least not in the minor piece ending.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    There doesn't seem to be a missed win, at least not in the minor piece ending.
    Yes. After i won a pawn - just could not see how i could keep it.
    So...if this is how 1200 plays ....the world is getting interesting...

Yes. After i won a pawn - just could not see how i could keep it.
    So...if this is how 1200 plays ....the world is getting interesting...
    But when you see his strong rise from December to January (or Feb) what has happened since is consistent. December rises did co-incide with school holidays that MAY have been OTB and if so then the recent rises could be legit. He did the right thing with a champion and let you off with a draw that champions are always requesting when their head is held under water by a patzer. As a 1200 player if did have a similar player to yourself on the ropes in a major tourney and let him off only seeing 5 possibilities out of 6 - not wanting to get behind timewise and have to panic with later moves. So this 1200 could be credible.
    Last edited by antichrist; 22-05-2020 at 04:51 AM.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    But when you see his strong rise from December to January (or Feb) what has happened since is consistent. December rises did co-incide with school holidays that MAY have been OTB and if so then the recent rises could be legit. He did the right thing with a champion and let you off with a draw that champions are always requesting when their head is held under water by a patzer. As a 1200 player if did have a similar player to yourself on the ropes in a major tourney and let him off only seeing 5 possibilities out of 6 - not wanting to get behind timewise and have to panic with later moves. So this 1200 could be credible.
    Rise from 1200 to over 2000?

CC Grandmaster
    Bringing tournament entry link to the top of the thread:

https://tornelo.com/chess/orgs/ku/ev...egro-online--8

Rise from 1200 to over 2000?
    If a potential champion with a lot of free time then yes. I dont know his previous games but as I stated earlier he had a greater rise earlier that may have been OTB. Sorry can only give my own experience . At Sydney's then champion club I won the award for most improved rising from 0 to about 1500 points in one season. I had never played a rated game before that. In the club tournament I knocked off everyone except Fred Flatow. He played the Dutch that I never seen before but stated afterwards that I did not need to study it as I had played it so well. At my next club, a respectable club, I won the club championship. Many people told me that I was under rated. I was already fifty years by then. So a young very bright guy I imagine could kill my effort. When young and I had only read a fraction of a small book on openings I had an excellent record against top players in social and gambling games and I consider myself only about 3/4 smart. But it is the intensity one applies. Those last games mentioned was I was on holidays and my missus was working so I was playing 18 hours a day. As I stress in my chess lessons IT IS THE INTENSITY. after one game I can be too tired for 4 days.
    Last edited by antichrist; 23-05-2020 at 12:36 AM.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster

CC Grandmaster
    https://tornelo.com/chess/orgs/ku/ev...egro-online--9

Next allegro is now open for entries!
    I am the first player to Enter .

CC Candidate Master
    This week's game spotlight is for missed opportunities of Allegro 8. Here is some game analysis in a PDF.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...MjVmNWVkMTkwYw

I finally had a geek at that game. When he retreated his bishop maybe move 8 I thought he should have been a tempo behind (unless that was his planned move) that you should have been able to take advantage of? He has since lost to a 1700+ player but that is not necessarily the end all of it. Some players like myself really rise to the occasion when playing a champion, I try to make every move really tight. Like in snooker you block the holes as well as snookering. He could be the same. I did a giant killer job on a champion snooker player as well and I can't even hit a straight ball.

CC Candidate Master
    Congratulations on last weeks MCC Allegro Online #8 Winners

Premier: Michael Baron (6/7) -9 rating
    Challengers: Emerson Yan (7/7) +130 rating
    Minor: Pintordo Hutagalung (6/7)

Thread Information