Caulfield Chess.Com Allegro tournament

Thanks Tom for giving this a run and Hi to all the Chess Artists from Caulfield.

Unfortunately for myself, I had a couple of bad internet connections - the first, once I reattached made me lose on time and the second made me resign - with 6 1/2 minutes left on my clock! Doing a search, this seems to be a fairly common problem. I hooked out mid-tournament - probably I will get some automatic punishment.
    Needless to say, that brings to an an end to all my online chess gaming...as if chess and being in isolation isn't hard enough...very frustrating!!

All the best to those with good connections - hope to see you across the board in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Chigoresov View Post
    Thanks Tom for giving this a run and Hi to all the Chess Artists from Caulfield.

Unfortunately for myself, I had a couple of bad internet connections - the first, once I reattached made me lose on time and the second made me resign - with 6 1/2 minutes left on my clock! Doing a search, this seems to be a fairly common problem. I hooked out mid-tournament - probably I will get some automatic punishment.
    Needless to say, that brings to an an end to all my online chess gaming...as if chess and being in isolation isn't hard enough...very frustrating!!

All the best to those with good connections - hope to see you across the board in the near future.
    I sympathise. Have had connection problems myself. And even one which forced me to accept a draw in a winning position as it took so much time to get back.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Chigoresov View Post

Where can I see the tournament results?
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Interesting to note that Firouzja against Nakamura in Game 3 had the same problem as Adamski - a dropped out connection forcing him to take a draw in a winning position in the Carlsen Invitational in progress.

Thread Information