Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Quote Originally Posted by Blunderbuss View Post
    Currently roughly a thousand people a day die from Covid-19 in the US. The US has been overtaken by Brazil 1,580 daily deaths https://www.ft.com/content/a26fbf7e-...3-955839e06441
    The Brazilian president is blaise about his people dying - probably because they are mainly the poor and weak.
    Last edited by antichrist; 28-05-2020 at 05:33 PM.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    The first priority should be not to ''die together'' after the pandemics is over ...and same applies to Australia. In USA, at least the number of deaths is high. In Australia we can easily accelerate return to the ''normal''.
    I didn't know that synchronised dying was now an Olympic event.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about. The pandemic isn't over in Australia, and an accelerated return to 'normal' could easily cause a massive spike in deaths.
    As long as later the ''society'' does not expect the ''rich'' provide more support (aka higher taxes) for the ''poor'' who suffered so much from the pandemics...and not more people are made poor through closures, job losses etc.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

As long as later the ''society'' does not expect the ''rich'' provide more support (aka higher taxes) for the ''poor'' who suffered so much from the pandemics...and not more people are made poor through closures, job losses etc.
    Michael it's the poorer people who are more vulnerable and exposed to the virus. If you wanted to protect your money and to make it grow during the virus then follow my advice. Move your super into capital guaranteed when virus was first "invented " heard of then move back into shares when the market bottoms out. You will have extra shares at a lower price to skyrocket up.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Michael it's the poorer people who are more vulnerable and exposed to the virus. If you wanted to protect your money and to make it grow during the virus then follow my advice. Move your super into capital guaranteed when virus was first "invented " heard of then move back into shares when the market bottoms out. You will have extra shares at a lower price to skyrocket up.
    First of all....the Real Estate (I am a RE investor, not shares) still has not lost value as promised. Secondly, some people do not seem to care about the economic crisis. Well, I do care!

First of all....the Real Estate (I am a RE investor, not shares) still has not lost value as promised. Secondly, some people do not seem to care about the economic crisis. Well, I do care!
    Some could be masking their concern to nark you. They are highly concerned about shocking deaths and perceive money concerns verses virus suffering to be maybe vulgar or selfish. Somebody close to me is a medical frontliner and every day I am concerned. Their motto is something like "stay home and we will save your lives and you will save our lives". It is very unfair on them to let the dollar prolong their risk.

There is a new CNN doco called China's Deadly Secret that shows that China under the early virus still holds a Guiness Book of Records eat in of 40,000 people in Wuhan. They keep the virus secret, those 40,000 full stomachs then dissipate all over China spreading the virus. And then when it was too late Michael you were praising their efforts??? The rest of the world wants to "kill" them. Our top security guy top warns against them in the middle term one reason being what they are doing in South China Sea against the Philippines. Also that they exert influence with trade. If the rest of the world becomes weak due to virus and China stays strong it could be come quite worrying. I could imagine western saboteurs taking a few new specially-manufactured varieties of Coronavirus to China to equal things up. Radical "white" racist groups could even do it - the way such groups now link up via the internet they could find a few brilliant scientists amongst them. Or even enlist Assange types in uni/gov laboratories.

CC Grandmaster
    UK - Premier League is starting. Germany - the league started. Australia....businesses closed.

First of all....the Real Estate (I am a RE investor, not shares) still has not lost value as promised.
    Guess again.

THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON AUSTRALIA’S HOUSING MARKET
    By Dr James Brugler and Dr Jonathan Dark, University of Melbourne
    28 May 2020

As the world faces one of the fastest and largest global economic contractions in living memory, Australia’s house prices are likely to fall for months – possibly years ...

The COVID-19 pandemic has caused one of the fastest and largest global economic contractions in living memory. In response, financial markets have rapidly re-priced securities like stocks and bonds.

House prices usually take longer to reflect what is happening elsewhere in the economy for a number of reasons. Essentially, houses are harder to buy and sell than stocks and bonds, houses differ greatly from one to the next, and people value houses as more than just investments.

This also means that house prices are more predictable than other types of assets; and how far and how fast stock prices have fallen today can also indicate what is in store for house prices in the coming months. ...

Our models predict that residential property prices across all capital cities will fall by 4.4 per cent over the June quarter and by another 2.3 per cent in the September quarter of 2020.

Sydney prices are predicted to fall by 4 per cent in the June quarter and about 2.5 per cent in the September quarter.

Falls in prices in Brisbane and Adelaide are tipped to be less severe but in Melbourne and Perth, our models predict falls of around 5.5 per cent and 2.5 per cent in the June and September quarters, respectively. ...
    Last edited by Desmond; 29-05-2020 at 08:15 AM.
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

CC Grandmaster
    UK - Premier League is starting. Germany - the league started. Australia....businesses closed.
    Didn't watch the footy last night

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    Guess again.

THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON AUSTRALIA’S HOUSING MARKET
    By Dr James Brugler and Dr Jonathan Dark, University of Melbourne
    28 May 2020

As the world faces one of the fastest and largest global economic contractions in living memory, Australia’s house prices are likely to fall for months – possibly years ...

The COVID-19 pandemic has caused one of the fastest and largest global economic contractions in living memory. In response, financial markets have rapidly re-priced securities like stocks and bonds.

House prices usually take longer to reflect what is happening elsewhere in the economy for a number of reasons. Essentially, houses are harder to buy and sell than stocks and bonds, houses differ greatly from one to the next, and people value houses as more than just investments.

This also means that house prices are more predictable than other types of assets; and how far and how fast stock prices have fallen today can also indicate what is in store for house prices in the coming months. ...

Our models predict that residential property prices across all capital cities will fall by 4.4 per cent over the June quarter and by another 2.3 per cent in the September quarter of 2020.

Sydney prices are predicted to fall by 4 per cent in the June quarter and about 2.5 per cent in the September quarter.

Falls in prices in Brisbane and Adelaide are tipped to be less severe but in Melbourne and Perth, our models predict falls of around 5.5 per cent and 2.5 per cent in the June and September quarters, respectively. ...
    Likely Yes...but waiting to see ...I saw plenty of predictions they may fall 30-40% over time due to the COVID...but i am not that optimistic. 5.5% may be...but this is not the ''dramatic'' fall that has been promised previously and I would look forward to.

Likely Yes...but waiting to see ...I saw plenty of predictions they may fall 30-40% over time due to the COVID...but i am not that optimistic. 5.5% may be...but this is not the ''dramatic'' fall that has been promised previously and I would look forward to.
    The stability of Australia in general, the control of the virus, proximity to Asia, lack of massive divisive issues facing America and England, good climate - Australia will always be a very desirable country to migrate to and thus inflate house prices.

So Michael can I translate this as you pushing your king over to the post immediately above your post? Like taking your ball and going home?

Thread Information