Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

NSWCA - One on One with your Prez

Yo Bill - I got a bit of a question for you mate.

Remember Elton - from Mongolia? Well, he's starting a chess club in Mongolia. He wants to buy some old chess clocks - preferably reliables ones. So I was thinking maybe you could sell him the old BHB's. Or give to him. Possible?

AR

I'm not sure what we will do with our non digital clocks. Maybe there are some NSW clubs who could use them. I will raise it at the January Council meeting.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

He only needs about 5 Bill. He's willing to pay, but not by much - say, $20 - $30 per clock.

AR

Yo Bill, I've been asked to be NSW delegate at the conference - is this possible? Haven't decided yet if I should play in rapid or go to Glenelg or go to conference.

AR

I dont believe thats possible.

The nominations for Conference delegates had to be in by dec 31st and I know you were not one of them.

Who asked you?
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Bill
    Nice to see the new council trying new ideas.
    Aust Day weekender GP3 (great prize money offered!)
    New format for City of Sydney.

I wonder if you can ask the council to review the policy on loan of the NSWCA equipment.

As I understand the current policy.
    a: $1000 bond.
    b: $100 fee for usage. (waived if all entrants are NSWCA members)
    c: $40 transport fee.
    d: Replacement of lost equipment.

(A) I personally have a problem with as it seems like a big number that organisers (particulary for small budget events) will be discouraged by trying to overcome - ( although I acknowledge that the NSWCA have been reasonably flexible enough with me to still run 2 events at Fairfield.)

(B) I agree with the principle - but I would prefer that affiliated clubs are able to negotiate a discount. (dependant on entry fees & entrants and type of event)

(C) Totally Agree.

(D) I have now fallen foul of this offence and have made appropriate restitution (the cheque is in the mail!) - painful learning experience.

Bob, The council discussed this at length when I got them to agree to loan the Clocks to Matt.

(A) This was given serious consideration by Council. If for some reason a significant number of clocks were lost then $1000 fee may not come close to covering it. I really doubt this will be changed.

(B) & (C) Actually it is my understanding that these are combined.

i.e. The usage/transport fee is $100. If all your entrants are NSWCA or NSWJCL members then the fee is $40.

Send me a PM and we can discuss it in relation to Fairfield.

Thanks for your reply Bill. That makes the choices easier for me then. I had a feeling that I had to have been selected/nominated and not just picked off for convenience.

AR

Transfered this bit from Non-Chess:

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    I'll raise it at the next Council meeting.

BTW can you fix up your posts as what looks like your quote is in fact mostly mine. You must have messed up your editing.
    Bill, don't forget my issue with the old BHB's for Mongolia OK. Elton only needs about 5 or so. He'll pay up to $30. But cheaper if possible OK and free better.

AR

Hi Bill

I was at St George on Tuesday (with Charles Z away, I'm running the Summer Open there!). One of the Summer Open players gave me a completed NSWCA Opinion Survey which he asked me to pass on to the NSWCA (which I will pass onto the NSWCA soon - I notice the deadline for completed survey forms is 31/1/04).

I have not received a NSWCA Opinion Survey and it would appear that a lot of other NSW chess players have not got one either (as there has been no posts about it on the BB).

What did the NSWCA Council decide to do with the Survey? Were they only handed out to selected individuals? If so, why did some people get an Opinion Survey and others did not?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S
    Hi Bill

I was at St George on Tuesday (with Charles Z away, I'm running the Summer Open there!). One of the Summer Open players gave me a completed NSWCA Opinion Survey which he asked me to pass on to the NSWCA (which I will pass onto the NSWCA soon - I notice the deadline for completed survey forms is 31/1/04).

I have not received a NSWCA Opinion Survey and it would appear that a lot of other NSW chess players have not got one either (as there has been no posts about it on the BB).

What did the NSWCA Council decide to do with the Survey? Were they only handed out to selected individuals? If so, why did some people get an Opinion Survey and others did not?

Paul
    It is my understanding that the opinion surveys were emailed out along with membership renewals etc to those with email addresses.

For those with no email addresses there was an actual mailout.

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Well.... I didn't get one.

I can't recall getting an Opinion Survey emailed to me (although I did get a NSWCA membership renewal emailed to me).

I'm not sure if Jeo was a NSWCA member last year (I suspect he wasn't). To those of you who were NSWCA members in 2003 and post on this BB (ie Bob, Amiel, Alex etc etc), did any of you guys get a NSWCA Opinion Survey emailed to you recently?

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    How do I find out if I was?

Didn't get one either. Just email me a soft copy or upload the document on NSWCA site and I will download.

AR

Thread Information