Page 160 of 210 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3136
    Premium Member

Astrazenica use in a “Civid Outbreak Situation”.

“A statement from the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) on the use of COVID-19 vaccines in an outbreak setting.”

Read the full document at:
    https://www.health.gov.au/news/atagi...tbreak-setting
    Date published: 13 July 2021

“Recommendations
    1. ATAGI reinforces that the benefits of vaccination with COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca strongly outweigh the risks of adverse effects in those ≥60 years, and that vaccination is essential for this group in the context of an outbreak.
    2. Every effort should be made to support vaccination of people in priority groups (e.g., older people, healthcare workers, disability and aged care workers, and those with listed medical comorbidities).
    3. In the context of a COVID-19 outbreak where the supply of Comirnaty (Pfizer) is constrained, adults younger than 60 years old who do not have immediate access to Comirnaty (Pfizer) should re-assess the benefits to them and their contacts from being vaccinated with COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca, versus the rare risk of a serious side effect.
    4. While the recommended interval between the first and second doses of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca is between 4 and 12 weeks, in outbreak situations an interval of between 4 and 8 weeks is preferred. Therefore, people in an outbreak situation who received their first dose of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca more than 4 weeks ago should contact their vaccine provider to arrange their second dose as soon as possible. In non-outbreak settings, the preferred interval between doses of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca remains at 12 weeks.
    5. All people who receive COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca should be provided with information about common and rare but serious side effects, including the symptoms and signs of the thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS). They should be advised that if they experience any signs or symptoms consistent with TTS, they should seek immediate medical attention.
    6. Any additional unallocated supplies of both Comirnaty (Pfizer) and COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca should be prioritised to populations and areas of greatest risk of COVID-19.
    7. Recommendations around the use of Comirnaty (Pfizer) remain unchanged in outbreak settings.”

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbishop View Post

“A statement from the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) on the use of COVID-19 vaccines in an outbreak setting.”

Read the full document at:
    https://www.health.gov.au/news/atagi...tbreak-setting
    Date published: 13 July 2021

“Recommendations
    1. ATAGI reinforces that the benefits of vaccination with COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca strongly outweigh the risks of adverse effects in those ≥60 years, and that vaccination is essential for this group in the context of an outbreak.
    2. Every effort should be made to support vaccination of people in priority groups (e.g., older people, healthcare workers, disability and aged care workers, and those with listed medical comorbidities).
    3. In the context of a COVID-19 outbreak where the supply of Comirnaty (Pfizer) is constrained, adults younger than 60 years old who do not have immediate access to Comirnaty (Pfizer) should re-assess the benefits to them and their contacts from being vaccinated with COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca, versus the rare risk of a serious side effect.
    4. While the recommended interval between the first and second doses of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca is between 4 and 12 weeks, in outbreak situations an interval of between 4 and 8 weeks is preferred. Therefore, people in an outbreak situation who received their first dose of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca more than 4 weeks ago should contact their vaccine provider to arrange their second dose as soon as possible. In non-outbreak settings, the preferred interval between doses of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca remains at 12 weeks.
    5. All people who receive COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca should be provided with information about common and rare but serious side effects, including the symptoms and signs of the thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS). They should be advised that if they experience any signs or symptoms consistent with TTS, they should seek immediate medical attention.
    6. Any additional unallocated supplies of both Comirnaty (Pfizer) and COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca should be prioritised to populations and areas of greatest risk of COVID-19.
    7. Recommendations around the use of Comirnaty (Pfizer) remain unchanged in outbreak settings.”
    More people die/have complications from Aspirin than Astra Z but of course 1 death in half a million vaccinations is a cause for national drama and accusing the government. Do not believe it was happening with Aspirin producers.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

language warning

So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    More people die/have complications from Aspirin than Astra Z but of course 1 death in half a million vaccinations is a cause for national drama and accusing the government. Do not believe it was happening with Aspirin producers.
    It was "the government" who warned against AstraZeneca for young people. And it was "the government" - specifically Scott Morrison - who failed to anticipate possible problems with vaccines. So "the government" bears responsibility.

Pro-Lockdown Rally Held In Sydney

A pro-lockdown rally in Sydney has been hailed a huge success after absolutely no-one turned up.

Millions of people across the city did not come to the rally, which didn’t begin in the CBD before not spreading to suburbs across Sydney.

One participant who wasn’t at the rally said the protest stretched further than the eye could see. “Not a single person for kilometres. Incredible”. ...

CC Grandmaster
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...79D-RkmR5_Kg0I

At least he did not get COVID! ''Home and Away star, 45, took his own life after construction ban left him without hope and money''

CC Grandmaster
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...79D-RkmR5_Kg0I At least he did not get COVID! ''Home and Away star, 45, took his own life after construction ban left him without hope and money''
    Except that he wasn't "without hope and money", of course - he just felt that way due to his depression (which you forgot to mention). That's what killed him.

CC FIDE Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Except that he wasn't "without hope and money", of course - he just felt that way due to his depression (which you forgot to mention). That's what killed him.
    Yes depression is a mighty beast that twists reality in its grasp. It makes everything seem hopeless and death seem attractive.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Without assessing his medical condition, it is clear that things (e.g. mental health) escalate in lockdowns. Obviously, people would not just kill themselves ...but lockdowns put many under severe mental stress - particularly the ones with pre-existing conditions.

CC FIDE Master
    Anyone who struggling with their mental health for any reason including lockdowns or Covid there is help.

People will help you if you ask.

I understand it is difficult to ask for help when depression has its hold into your thoughts. I failed to ask for help when I should have done earlier this year and attempted to kill myself.

PLEASE ASK FOR HELP

CC FIDE Master
    Without assessing his medical condition, it is clear that things (e.g. mental health) escalate in lockdowns. Obviously, people would not just kill themselves ...but lockdowns put many under severe mental stress - particularly the ones with pre-existing conditions.
    Yes they can escalate in lockdowns and sadly it might lead to people killing themselves, this is extremely sad but it does not mean lockdowns are the wrong thing to do.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Colliver View Post
    Yes they can escalate in lockdowns and sadly it might lead to people killing themselves, this is extremely sad but it does not mean lockdowns are the wrong thing to do.
    So just like with chess lets look at the ''tree of analysis'' - and mitigate .

CC Grandmaster
    Anyone who struggling with their mental health for any reason including lockdowns or Covid there is help.

I understand it is difficult to ask for help when depression has its hold into your thoughts. I failed to ask for help when I should have done earlier this year and attempted to kill myself.

PLEASE ASK FOR HELP
    Also, trying to identify those at risk even if they do not ask. I have been reminding my uni students for instance to take a notice if any classmate of theirs is not well and reach out/let me know so I can reach out and assist people at risk with contacting uni support services.

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar

PLEASE ASK FOR HELP
    Sorry to hear that. I have always been stubborn and stoic. When i think i may end up in her majesty accommodation due to radical protests i always have a chess box and book. Turn disadvantage into advantage. Just as in chess. I had/have cancer didn't slow me down one step. That is how you do it. Dance on my grave later thats okay. During covid lockdown use your imagination and spread your wings. Never let anything beat you. Get up to sunny northern coastline of NSW or OLD. Much better for psychology. Parrots and beautiful ladies everywhere and great fishing.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    The evidence is that lockdowns do not lead to an increased suicide rate:
    The number of suicides in England did not rise following the first national lockdown in 2020, research has found. Charities had reported more people seeking mental health support, leading to fears the number of suicides would also increase. But University of Manchester scientists found a broadly similar rate from April to October 2020 to that seen between January and March. The findings are in line with research from other high income countries.

And while lockdowns can be stressful, the main issue listed in that story was lack of income due to unemployment and the conditions required to obtain financial support. So, as someone concerned with mental health, I'm sure you'll agree with me that unemployed people need to guaranteed enough income to live on, and not be subjected to stressful requirements such as having to move to another town to get a fruit-picking job.

It would obviously be extremely hypocritical to attack lockdowns for causing stress, but support benefit conditions that are even more stressful.

Thread Information