Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    No undue cause for alarm

Latest update: Due to a heightened risk of sustained local transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19) in parts of northern Italy, we now advise you to exercise a high degree of caution in the regions of Lombardia and Veneto. We continue to advise you to exercise normal safety precautions in the rest of Italy. Italy has confirmed cases of COVID-19, including deaths. There are measures in place to limit movement in northern Italy, and some public facilities are closed. Check with your travel provider on disruptions. Follow the advice of local authorities.

https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/des...s/europe/italy
    https://apnews.com/6268e9441f590fbc625221c1c77cf471
    45% growth in a day...
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Cf China:

Mainland China had 406 new confirmed cases of coronavirus infections on Tuesday, the country's National Health Commission said on Wednesday.

That brings the total number of confirmed cases in mainland China so far to 78,064.

The death toll from the outbreak in mainland China rose to 2,715 as of the end of Tuesday, up by 52 from the previous day, the commission said.

The central province of Hubei, epicentre of the outbreak, reported 401 new cases on February 25 compared with 499 cases a day earlier.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...003835539.html

CC Grandmaster
    Cf China:

Mainland China had 406 new confirmed cases of coronavirus infections on Tuesday, the country's National Health Commission said on Wednesday.

That brings the total number of confirmed cases in mainland China so far to 78,064.

The death toll from the outbreak in mainland China rose to 2,715 as of the end of Tuesday, up by 52 from the previous day, the commission said.

The central province of Hubei, epicentre of the outbreak, reported 401 new cases on February 25 compared with 499 cases a day earlier.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...003835539.html
    So are you suggesting that travel ban will not lifted on the 29th? Because if it will be - it will be against the logic behind having the ban in the first place.

So are you suggesting that travel ban will not lifted on the 29th? Because if it will be - it will be against the logic behind having the ban in the first place.
    I'd be very surprised if the ban was not extended

I would love to know why High School students have been allowed into the country then....
    So would I.

This is why for those in Italy, the advice is to exercise caution and those in China...can not go back to studies
    Or perhaps because, of the 81000 cases worldwide, 78000 are in China

CC Grandmaster
    So would I.
    I'm not clear on the reason either. But I suspect that one reason is that it's much more difficult to change High Schools, or postpone your secondary studies.

Or perhaps because, of the 81000 cases worldwide, 78000 are in China
    There's also a difference between a person travelling to a country (Italy), who is subjecting only themselves to a small amount of risk, and people travelling from a country (China) where the virus is widespread.

I guess the bum pinchers in Italy that my sister complained about will no longer have their hands full.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    I'm not clear on the reason either. But I suspect that one reason is that it's much more difficult to change High Schools, or postpone your secondary studies.
    From a public health perspective, there is no guarantee that anyone coming from China has not had contact with anyone from Hubei.

There's also a difference between a person travelling to a country (Italy), who is subjecting only themselves to a small amount of risk, and people travelling from a country (China) where the virus is widespread.
    It now seems that a global breakout has not been contained and an epidemic here is only a matter of time.

CC Grandmaster

No, it's called nosophobia

CC Grandmaster

CC Grandmaster
    No, it's called nosophobia
    Really?
    Linked to a specific Race? .

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Pangolin cause evidence debunked for now (might still be true but previous finding was misrepresented)

https://www.nature.com/articles/d415...&sf230711300=1

People should still stop eating and otherwise persecuting pangolins anyway. Leave them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Pangolin cause evidence debunked for now (might still be true but previous finding was misrepresented)

https://www.nature.com/articles/d415...&sf230711300=1

People should still stop eating and otherwise persecuting pangolins anyway. Leave them alone.
    I agree with your sentiment but it is possible they can do amazing medication with their exotic ingredients. If the human population shrank to year 1 BCE levels then they could have the luxury of occasionally using wildlife.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...10_hhD_Rx5pmr0

are we all going to get it? I doubt it.

Thread Information