Page 4 of 256 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    And what a tremendous response too! tens of thousands of signatures against three (including Patrick ) individual objectors!
    Maybe you should read my post again - you've completely misunderstood the point I was making. Let me make it simple for you: Michael is a hypocrite who is complaining about 'racial' abuse of Chinese people by the Murdoch press, but is happy to support racial abuse of Sudanese people by the same newspapers.

CC Grandmaster
    BTW I have a slight suspicion, that certain posts here (which in no way reflect to the opinion of the huge majority of chess chatters) are considered distasteful from Chinese backgournd chess players and parents!
    Instead of making insinuations, why don't you explain exactly what is "distasteful" about my post - assuming that is one of the ones you're referring to. But maybe you should do some research on Martin Niemoller first!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Instead of making insinuations, why don't you explain exactly what is "distasteful" about my post - assuming that is one of the ones you're referring to. But maybe you should do some research on Martin Niemoller first!
    Perhaps it's Opposite Day, if Elton and Michael think they're the arbiters of tasteful posting on the forum.
    So what's your excuse? For running like the devil's chasing you?

See you in another life, brotha.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Chinese chess players and parents are tough. They will survive distasteful and posts without much damage, remember who made them....and will never forget .
    I notice you've been active today. So I'll ask you exactly the same question I asked ER:

So far I've received various email warnings from corporate travel, schools, and sporting organisations regarding how to stay safe from the virus, namely including post postponing any non-essential travel to China.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    So far I've received various email warnings from corporate travel, schools, and sporting organisations regarding how to stay safe from the virus, namely including post postponing any non-essential travel to China.
    Despite ER's ignorant nonsense, I've been dealing with some of the consequences of the epidemic - schools and junior clubs in Qld have already been affected. This is the current advice for children (and adults, presumably):
    1. Anyone who has been in contact with any confirmed novel Coronavirus cases must self-isolate (self-isolation means staying at home and not accepting visitors) for 14 days following exposure.
    2. Anyone who has visited Hubei Province of China needs to self-isolate for 14 days after leaving Hubei Province.
    3. Anyone who has visited China cannot attend school, childcare or TAFE for 14 days after leaving China, including Hong Kong.

Despite ER's ignorant nonsense, I've been dealing with some of the consequences of the epidemic - schools and junior clubs in Qld have already been affected. This is the current advice for children (and adults, presumably):
    1. Anyone who has been in contact with any confirmed novel Coronavirus cases must self-isolate (self-isolation means staying at home and not accepting visitors) for 14 days following exposure.
    2. Anyone who has visited Hubei Province of China needs to self-isolate for 14 days after leaving Hubei Province.
    3. Anyone who has visited China cannot attend school, childcare or TAFE for 14 days after leaving China, including Hong Kong.
    Yes what I've seen is quite similar

The World Health Organization (WHO) and The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are closely monitoring an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a new coronavirus. The first detection was in Wuhan city, Hubei Province, China and the footprint continues to expand into Singapore, Japan, South Korea Vietnam, United States and Thailand, Germany. It is thought to have spread by person-to-person contact via respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes, like how influenza and other respiratory pathogens spread.

As of Monday, January 27, the CDC and the US State Department told travelers to avoid all nonessential travel to China, increasing the severity of its previous travel warning as the deadly coronavirus continues to spread throughout the country. With that, [] will follow in kind and we will limit all nonessential travel to China from all of our global offices. If you believe you have essential travel, we’d ask that you reach out to your management for discussion.

If you have travel booked to, from or thru any city in China, please contact your travel agency to cancel or reschedule.

As a truly global organization that travels extensively around the work, we believe that sharing information like this is a core part of our safety and security work. So, we have provided information on symptoms, transmission, prevention and travel advice below. ...
    The following advice has been provided by the Executive Director of Independent Schools Queensland to member schools.

Health authorities have provided updated advice regarding the management of the novel Coronavirus.

This updated advice includes:

• anyone who has been in contact with any confirmed novel Coronavirus cases must self-isolate (self-isolation means staying at home and not accepting visitors) for 14 days following exposure;
    • travellers who have visited Hubei Province of China need to self-isolate for 14 days after leaving Hubei Province;
    • returned travellers who have visited China cannot attend school, childcare or TAFE for 14 days after leaving China including Hong Kong.

In keeping with this advice, if your family has travelled to China or Hong Kong, returning after 16 January 2020, students should not return to school until the 14 days have passed since their arrival home. Should either of the other two situations above apply to your family, please also follow the directions of Queensland Health. If the travel to China or Hong Kong was finished before that date, the danger period has passed.

you obviously see (or rather imagine) things. "Some posts" doesn't insinuate your participation in this kind of ramble! BTW I will not fall into your confused state of "off-topic-wandering" by discussing Martin Niemöller with you here, although I am sure I know more about his life and THAT poem than you. So I am taking it to another thread!
    https://www.nswca.org.au/index.php
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.
    Fully vaccinated since October, 21, 2021

CC Grandmaster
    you obviously see (or rather imagine) things. "Some posts" doesn't insinuate your participation in this kind of ramble! BTW I will not fall into your confused state of "off-topic-wandering" by discussing Martin Niemöller with you here, although I am sure I know more about his life and THAT poem than you. So I am taking it to another thread!
    So which posts were you referring to, then? If you're going to make accusations, you should be specific.

a whole post of mine regarding delirious obsession of attacking Dr. Michael Baron by some has mysteriously disappeared! as such I won't even care to respond to your rude reference to my posts mf (you can interpret it as "my friend" with or without the proverbial grain of salt chappy!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

CC Grandmaster
    Do ER and Michael realise that the thread they are posting on is named after a city in China? Is that also racist?
    By the way, this claim from the petition is simply wrong: "The subtitle of the headline on Herald Sun as of 29th January, “Chinese virus pandamonium” inappropriately labeled the Coronavirus by race." If something originates in China, it is, by definition, Chinese. The term 'Chinese virus' refers to the country (as in 'Chinese Chess'), not the race.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    a whole post of mine regarding delirious obsession of attacking Dr. Michael Baron by some has mysteriously disappeared! as such I won't even care to respond to your rude reference to my posts mf (you can interpret it as "my friend" with or without the proverbial grain of salt chappy!
    Nothing by you has been deleted from this thread.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 30-01-2020 at 07:36 PM.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Ah calling people "mf"ers a moment after acusing them of being distasteful. Such a lovely piece of work you are.
    It's so much more delicious when someone is pretending not to read your posts and then they complain about them. Thanks for the lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Then I might have deleted it by mistake, I will try to reconstruct it. thanks!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    It's not clear at what stage the 'post' disappeared. But Chess Chat does automatically backup drafts, so they can sometimes be recovered.

Thread Information