Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    Since I don’t have access to a computer right now, it’s harder for me to respond till I get home. But I’d like to address this part for now. That is if I am even bothered because I’m going to start becoming really busy soon.
    There is no rule that says that you must respond, let alone respond immediately.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    There is no rule that says that you must respond, let alone respond immediately.
    There are many more rounds left in this youngster. He fts the Iron Mike mode
    direct and heavy hits. Capa is the Muhammad Ali variety, a lot of talk and distraction, avoiding direct contact, wearing the opponent out by making them reading reams. Hard for the judges.

Capa fan, when you post those long responses I don't read them. My attitude is the longer they are the more spin they contain. If you and Adamski can't prove in a 300 words how the speed of light has slowed down a million fold then forget it you are making up falsehoods. Hey isn't that the only constant we have. I do remember a bit of science.
    Last edited by antichrist; 25-01-2020 at 05:47 AM.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Capa fan, when you post those long responses I don't read them.
    Who says I write them exclusively for your benefit?

My attitude is the longer they are the more spin they contain.
    Does this apply to Username's long post that started the current debate?

If you and Adamski can't prove in a 300 words how the speed of light has slowed down a million fold then forget it you are making up falsehoods.
    I don't believe that light has slowed down.

Hey isn't that the only constant we have. I do remember a bit of science.
    You haven't shown this. You mainly whinge about what you believe you remember being taught at a Catholic school, and discredited 19th-century books supposedly about the history of science.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Who says I write them exclusively for your benefit?

Does this apply to Username's long post that started the current debate?

I don't believe that light has slowed down.

You haven't shown this. You mainly whinge about what you believe you remember being taught at a Catholic school, and discredited 19th-century books supposedly about the history of science.
    You must realise maybe that is the only science book in my possession.

Must be other creations who argue that. I remember it was 186,000 miles a second. Good old fashioned miles. Well in 300 words answer how can the universe be young when light has already reached us from very distant galaxies?
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

I will tell you a secret. Though being top in class I was taken out of school. So I did night school for the Intermediate Certificate so that I could get permanency in the Commonwealth Public Service after passing an IQ test. By then science was compulsory but I only needed maybe four subjects to get the Certificate. As attending science meant five nights of lessons not four I did not attend. But I was enrolled for it but learned very little. I did not recall that until very recently. I found science boring as well. Just as I find motor mechanics etc.. Building science I appreciate.

User names material I have come across earlier in philosophy but not since then so interesting to be read again and it tempts the intellect more.

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    That is not my motif, I brought that up as in one of your so called “sources” it regards the bible as fact, and it tries to “prove” something around the bible. I said that because trying to prove the bible shouldn’t be regarded as scientific as only someone people even think that the bible is accurate. And yes, I admit that I screwed that up, but so what? I was making a point that the bible shouldn’t be used to prove something or attempt to prove the bible.
    The accuracy of the Bible is a different debate. I do note that you were the one who brought up the Bible, while I stuck to science.

I hope you realize that the sun imparting heat to the earth increases the entropy of the earth, while reducing that of the sun to a lesser extent.

Hey CF. I did science from kindergarten - your - favourite variety Creation Science - other wise known as religion.

CC Grandmaster
    I hope you realize that the sun imparting heat to the earth increases the entropy of the earth, while reducing that of the sun to a lesser extent.
    You're not arguing that this prevents localised decreases in entropy on the Earth, I hope?

CC Grandmaster
    What surprises me is that creationists think that other people are as gullible as they are. But then maybe I should not be so surprised. I consider them an insult to the modern scientific world but like cockroaches they will always be with us.
    Actually most modern scientists wouldn't even know that scientist creationism exists - it's of no practical use to them. For example, no geologist (that I'm aware of) uses Flood Geology to find oil. They use conventional geology, as explained here.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Actually most modern scientists wouldn't even know that scientist creationism exists - it's of no practical use to them. For example, no geologist (that I'm aware of) uses Flood Geology to find oil. They use conventional geology, as explained here.
    Listen mate, I attended the trial in Sydney of Dr Ian Plimer taking on that creationist who was selling videos claiming they found Noah's Ark fossilised. It went on for days. and a big waste of money and time I thought. The judge eventually agreed and Plimer and supporters wasted a ton of money even bringing witnesses from USA. h aha. The lawyers found gold that was all.

The guys looking for water up here on farms use divining? The skeptics disprove it but I don't know if they experiments are properly thought out. I think they only used bottles of water instead of stream volume. Divining is still sort of accepted here. My guy got a case of beer out of me for no water but he reckons I had to go much deeper. We found water together for the Mullumbimby community garden 40 years later - about 5 metres down by hand.

CC Grandmaster
    Listen mate, I attended the trial in Sydney of Dr Ian Plimer taking on that creationist who was selling videos claiming they found Noah's Ark fossilised. It went on for days. and a big waste of money and time I thought. The judge eventually agreed and Plimer and supporters wasted a ton of money even bringing witnesses from USA. h aha. The lawyers found gold that was all.
    Creation science was a big issue in Australia 40 years ago, although not in the scientific community. However, it's a complete non-issue now.

The guys looking for water up here on farms use divining? The skeptics disprove it but I don't know if they experiments are properly thought out. I think they only used bottles of water instead of stream volume. Divining is still sort of accepted here. My guy got a case of beer out of me for no water but he reckons I had to go much deeper. We found water together for the Mullumbimby community garden 40 years later - about 5 metres down by hand.
    The water dowsers all agree to the test conditions beforehand. If they can't find water in bottles, they should simply decline to be tested.

I am not responding in chess players banning thread until impeachment over

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Creation science was a big issue in Australia 40 years ago, although not in the scientific community. However, it's a complete non-issue now.

The water dowsers all agree to the test conditions beforehand. If they can't find water in bottles, they should simply decline to be tested.
    Maybe that is why Capa Fan moved to USA he lost his customers here? I think Plimer may have even lost his house in legal fees so he began doing off beat things then for "right wing" causes. I wonder if water could be traced due to the level of growth of trees and type of trees in certain areas.

Calling creation science now a non-issue is a big call. As has been documented by CF elsewhere, there are many creationist scientists.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Thread Information