Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CC Grandmaster

Charities Misusing Funds Collected!

https://www.4bc.com.au/only-a-third-...en-to-victims/

THESE WERE DONATIONS TO EASE PLIGHT OF THE BUSH FIRE VICTIMS! ''

So the money remaining after handouts will ''support Red Cross work in the community'' - we should be clear that when people were donating, many were doing so EXCLUSIVELY to assist those affected by the bushfires rather than to assist Red Cross in its Work.

Charities should be held accountable with how they use the moneys collected and their usage of funds should be publicised so before we make a donation - we know where our money goes and can be sure that it reaches those we intend to help.

P.S. I am now even more convinced that the best way of helping people is doing so directly!

P.S2. Not to mention charities that spend most of what they collect to ''support their infrastructure''
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

In a move that didn't surprise me at all, Coles jacked up the prices of their milk, including adding 10 cents that they said would go directly to struggling farmers because of the drought. I said to a few people that it is a certainty that Coles will not pass on all the money raised.

Coles got their ass handed to them in court, with a $5.25 million fine: https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...05-p53h24.html

I would argue that Coles got off light. That was the amount that they should have passed on to the farmers. They should have also been hit with that amount again for misleading consumers.

In this situation, Coles could have gained a lot more goodwill with the community if they said that they were directly donating $5 million to the National Drought relief or something similar, without raising the price of milk to the consumer and then claiming that all proceeds will go to farmers.

I know my rant is not exactly about Chuggers (Charity muggers) fleecing the community with a claim of supporting bushfire victims, but is still related to charities or businesses misleading the public with their claims.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvinator View Post
    In a move that didn't surprise me at all, Coles jacked up the prices of their milk, including adding 10 cents that they said would go directly to struggling farmers because of the drought. I said to a few people that it is a certainty that Coles will not pass on all the money raised.

Coles got their ass handed to them in court, with a $5.25 million fine: https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...05-p53h24.html

I would argue that Coles got off light. That was the amount that they should have passed on to the farmers. They should have also been hit with that amount again for misleading consumers.

In this situation, Coles could have gained a lot more goodwill with the community if they said that they were directly donating $5 million to the National Drought relief or something similar, without raising the price of milk to the consumer and then claiming that all proceeds will go to farmers.

I know my rant is not exactly about Chuggers (Charity muggers) fleecing the community with a claim of supporting bushfire victims, but is still related to charities or businesses misleading the public with their claims.
    What annoys me is not that Coles sets prices as it pleases but that it claims that it ''collects money for the drought relief'' in order to push its products in the marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    What annoys me is not that Coles sets prices as it pleases but that it claims that it ''collects money for the drought relief'' in order to push its products in the marketplace.
    And this is part of the reason why I said the fine should have been doubled. The original fine for pocketing the cash instead of doing as they claimed and the second amount because they attempted to use customer goodwill to boost their own bottom line.

Which is why in general I mostly donate directly to people in need whether locally or abroad. I never give to collectors who may get 30%. I consider it a lot more efficient for government to do so on our behalf instead of an army of us doing piecemeal activities.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    Yes, much better when we act ''locally'' rather than globally.

My friend Jasvinder Sidhu (curiously, he is active member of Labor Party but political views do not impact my relationships with people on personal level) has been running breakfast clubs around Melbourne to provide breakfasts (via schools) to children whose parents fail to feed them and his work is truly amazing: Majority of the donations come in the form of purchased foods rather than money and people donating time to cook/deliver meals. The positive impact his work is having on the community is colossal! Not that much money involved but 1000's of children of garbage parents fed daily before they commence their classes!

Along with breakfast club, he is also involved with https://www.facebook.com/sikhvolunte...ntions&__xts__[0]=68.ARDfWHpCaLFabhBQo2KLDH0NsuySSqD3VovkNsCZXZTRUc 4ZxxW6X3mfAVhiGZNv-aCWcmT40KPqqVFOGv2L9L29ZQVrlzXQK_6CTUWuU-3xLD5Zb8FvmcN_-apiBoykHt76eIEEEjAuE7ugGay45C5TI1_eEHhfzdnN9I_qT08 gJupmfjOMnU82Vhv7NGvrZsvB9GtG1fc34yq4ygqyLSJ7v6vns 7yQH3vj3H0r8oPrQEOV9esVro8CJr8atE06fJmjs63MoIRaQGk Z_S4m0ffsPx3tEJocfiljMhib_mKs6OrP9iFUa8Wco7tIJt-SkPj-rtpNiDhuMcm7mcYB3ji2UaaeZMWH

Sikh Volunteers Australia - helping people around Australia though their work and dedication. During the bushfire crises - they sent vans with food to feed victims and firefighters. - Such community organisations are the ones that are making a true impact!

Yes, much better when we act ''locally'' rather than globally.

My friend Jasvinder Sidhu (curiously, he is active member of Labor Party but political views do not impact my relationships with people on personal level) has been running breakfast clubs around Melbourne to provide breakfasts (via schools) to children whose parents fail to feed them and his work is truly amazing: Majority of the donations come in the form of purchased foods rather than money and people donating time to cook/deliver meals. The positive impact his work is having on the community is colossal! Not that much money involved but 1000's of children of garbage parents fed daily before they commence their classes!

Along with breakfast club, he is also involved with https://www.facebook.com/sikhvolunte...ntions&__xts__[0]=68.ARDfWHpCaLFabhBQo2KLDH0NsuySSqD3VovkNsCZXZTRUc 4ZxxW6X3mfAVhiGZNv-aCWcmT40KPqqVFOGv2L9L29ZQVrlzXQK_6CTUWuU-3xLD5Zb8FvmcN_-apiBoykHt76eIEEEjAuE7ugGay45C5TI1_eEHhfzdnN9I_qT08 gJupmfjOMnU82Vhv7NGvrZsvB9GtG1fc34yq4ygqyLSJ7v6vns 7yQH3vj3H0r8oPrQEOV9esVro8CJr8atE06fJmjs63MoIRaQGk Z_S4m0ffsPx3tEJocfiljMhib_mKs6OrP9iFUa8Wco7tIJt-SkPj-rtpNiDhuMcm7mcYB3ji2UaaeZMWH

Sikh Volunteers Australia - helping people around Australia though their work and dedication. During the bushfire crises - they sent vans with food to feed victims and firefighters. - Such community organisations are the ones that are making a true impact!
    I was attempting to do the same charity breakfasts for hungry children in Byron but the parents and friends mob weren't interested. They were the snobby type I guessed . I was involved as was teaching chess for free at the school and I had heard reports of no breakfast. I spend many more times on charity than I do on myself. Good surfing, good chess, good house and lady and one doesn't need much else. Sense of humour and intelligence caps it off.
    Last edited by antichrist; 23-01-2020 at 10:57 AM.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    https://www.facebook.com/9News/video...yODU1NzkxMDE3/

Vincent St. Paul and Salvos are doing same: same old story, money for marketing, for salaries...for other causes such as fakeugees and druggies.
    We should stop supporting them and put and to these Scams!

CC Grandmaster
    ... Vincent St. Paul and Salvos are doing same: same old story, money for marketing, for salaries...for other causes such as fakeugees and druggies. We should stop supporting them and put and to these Scams!
    You've lost me. Those two organisations have been supporting refugees and drug users for decades. Anyone who donates to them should be well aware of this. So how is this a scam?

https://www.facebook.com/9News/video...yODU1NzkxMDE3/

Vincent St. Paul and Salvos are doing same: same old story, money for marketing, for salaries...for other causes such as fakeugees and druggies.
    We should stop supporting them and put and to these Scams!
    My cousin , a dentist at Parramatta, has been making sandwiches and giving them out for years under a Catholic umbrella. No middle men, no salaries. Plus virtually free dentistry for the needy. Try and copy him instead of on your high horse. His father was a war hero who did similar charity work for legacy.

His surgery is at Hilltop. Merrylands if anyone wants to give him business.
    Last edited by antichrist; 23-01-2020 at 02:18 PM.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    You've lost me. Those two organisations have been supporting refugees and drug users for decades. Anyone who donates to them should be well aware of this. So how is this a scam?
    In this thread I am referring (as evident from the articles quoted) specifically to the fundraising towards bushfire victims!

see post #1 etc in the thread.

If Charities hold an appeal towards some cause - the money raised should go exclusively to this cause!

CC Grandmaster
    In this thread I am referring (as evident from the articles quoted) specifically to the fundraising towards bushfire victims! see post #1 etc in the thread. If Charities hold an appeal towards some cause - the money raised should go exclusively to this cause!
    You really need to be careful before you make accusations like the ones you did. There's no evidence I'm aware of that the money raised by any of the charities has been spent on "druggies", as you claimed.

The complaint is that the money is being spent too slowly: "At an emotional press conference in Batemans Bay, Member for Bega Andrew Constance came out swinging against the Red Cross, Salvation Army and St Vincent De Paul for taking too long to distribute money."

You really need to be careful before you make accusations like the ones you did. There's no evidence I'm aware of that the money raised by any of the charities has been spent on "druggies", as you claimed.

The complaint is that the money is being spent too slowly: "At an emotional press conference in Batemans Bay, Member for Bega Andrew Constance came out swinging against the Red Cross, Salvation Army and St Vincent De Paul for taking too long to distribute money."
    Michael gets it wrong again? No, I don't believe it. Screaming fire every day - maybe it is a repeat of Paul there may be a micro chip implanted

CC Grandmaster

Please see the articles. They refer to money being saved for ''other causes''. It is NOT that they are taking too long. It is that they are NOT distributing the funds that were collected exclusively for bushfire victims to the bushfire victims.
    There also mentions of ''saving for further disasters''.

Some articles also talk about ''admin costs'' associated with those Charities.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Michael gets it wrong again? No, I don't believe it. Screaming fire every day - maybe it is a repeat of Paul there may be a micro chip implanted
    Not sure if you understand what issue we are talking about in this thread or not...

Thread Information