Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    Italy? India? Iran? Ireland? Iceland?
    Methinks AC meant his favorite country to refer to in any thread - Israel. (Palestine does not begin with I. Nor does USA.)
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

CC Grandmaster
    Prosyletising missionaries are not welcome. There is no objection to other Christians (the majority of Territorians are Christian).

It is your legal standing that matters, not public opinion

Arnhem Land, for example, is aboriginal land
    Would you consider the entire situation as best evidence of having double standards for the Indigenous and non-Indigenous?
    Not to mention that if i got there and claim to be Indigenous...the better accept that I am .
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 20-01-2020 at 10:43 PM. Reason: fix incorrect quote tags and overquoting
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    Methinks AC meant his favorite country to refer to in any thread - Israel. (Palestine does not begin with I. Nor does USA.)
    I don't think USA and Palestine excludes other religions.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC International Master William AS's Avatar
    ER should be very careful about quoting from the Daily Mail without making a close scrutiny of the real facts.
    1. What has the religious group really been doing?
    2. Were they banned because of their racist religious activities & criminal damage?
    3. While this group may claim to be Christian, they are not.
    Last edited by William AS; 20-01-2020 at 07:03 PM.
    A wise prince will seek means by which his subjects will always and in every possible condition of things have need of his government, and then they will always be faithful to him. Niccolo Machiavelli (14691527), Il Principe (The Prince)

A wise prince will also realise that this can be achieved more successfully by means other than rape, pillage, greed, lies, deceit or misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by William AS View Post
    [SIZE=2]ER should be very careful (…)
    hey Bill, how are ya, long time no see,
    last time I was in Adelaide about a year ago and won my rating group (=1st) you didn't show up. George was there but
    had no chance to talk to him! Oh back to the topic … check my intermezzo (with gain of tempo) post! #19 it was!
    Last edited by ER; 20-01-2020 at 07:02 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

In defense of Capitalism.
    Money is the cause of all evil!
    Wrong
    Lack of money is the cause of all evil!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post

Would you consider the entire situation as best evidence of having double standards for the Indigenous and non-Indigenous?
    Not to mention that if i got there and claim to be Indigenous...the better accept that I am .
    There is no double standard. You can restrict or deny access to your land (which of course was originally aboriginal land until seized by colonial settlers). Traditional owners can restrict or deny access to their land.

You would be hard pressed to prove that you are a traditional owner if you tried to pursue such a claim.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 20-01-2020 at 10:43 PM. Reason: fix Michael's incorrect quote tags

CC Grandmaster
    There is no double standard. You can restrict or deny access to your land (which of course was originally aboriginal land until seized by colonial settlers). Traditional owners can restrict or deny access to their land.
    I think Michael has finally grasped that landowners (Indigenous or not) have a perfect legal right to decide who enters their land, as he seems to have wandered off-topic

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Posts moved

Posts about Bruce Pascoe (tangent, at best, started by Michael Baron) moved to a new thread in politics section. Some of the posts contain a small amount of comment that was on-topic for this thread.

Anyone wishing to discuss this thread split may do so in the Help and Feedback section only.

Thread Information