Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by machomortensen View Post
    Ian Rogers - for sure - is on par with the best in world. It's probably a matter of taste that I prefer Seirawan.
    Pity there was no Internet commentary during the Bent Larsen times. I am pretty sure who would be number 1 then!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    ^ yes I like Susan Polgar too
    I am a 3rd vote for Susan. She also does good chess training videos.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

CC FIDE Master
    @ Michael B

I'm quite sure that you - and maybe a few other chess nerds ... - would have loved to hear Larsen and Spassky together ...spass.jpg

Nice pic, my Danish friend!

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

CC FIDE Master
    Thanks, Adamski and btw I wish you, slightly delayed, all the best for 2020.

The picture is from the 1997 edition of the Ladies vs. Veterans ("The høstdans") tournament. Michael Baron shouldn't read this, but the picture is not really mine(!) During the tournament there were a group of refugees with extremely expensive cameras(!) who took a lot of photo's. One of them had a talented daughter who once beat me in a tournament and many years later she gave me this shot.

Spassky had played a quick draw against Pia Cramling and used to help Bent with the comments. Sometimes they were singing(!) together. It was obvious that they liked each other and that there were a mutual respect between them.

When Larsen was alone in the chair, he used to say that he should have played for the Veterans team, but he was not allowed because the Veterans team would then be much to strong for the womens team ... Once there was a guy - some people claim that it was me ... - who asked Spassky, if it was right, what Larsen said about being to strong for the women. Spassky was one big smile and nodded and said something like, it sounds reasonable ...

There were an excellent tournament program and I got all the player's autographs. Spassky would NOT write best wishes for Henrik, because "When I give you my autograph, it's automatically contains a best wishes ...

Larsen use to tell Danes in his newpaper columns that I can't play endings. On the day he signed the program, Portisch had misplayed an "easy" winning endgame and Larsen wrote then: Today you play better endings than Portisch!!

Sorry Adamski and other chessfriends. I know by myself that I wrote much to much. Hopefully it was not to boring.

Not boring at all, Henrik! Thanks, and best wishes for 2020 to you too.

Hey Garvinator, what happened to the poll?
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

In defense of Capitalism.
    Money is the cause of all evil!
    Wrong
    Lack of money is the cause of all evil!

Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    Hey Garvinator, what happened to the poll?
    Waiting till the end of this match.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvinator View Post
    Waiting till the end of this match.
    ok, nice seeing you getting involved anyway! Hope you start playing and directing again
    (at some stage maybe involved in administration too?)
    Unless you're already doing some or all of the above and I 've missed episodes?
    Cheers mate!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

In defense of Capitalism.
    Money is the cause of all evil!
    Wrong
    Lack of money is the cause of all evil!

CC FIDE Master
    Bent Larsens personlige hilsen.jpg

Bent Larsen wrote: "Du spillede i dag bedre slutspil end Portisch" which in my translation goes "Today you played better Endinggames than Portisch".

Thread Information