Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,183
    The first time Anton has prepared something his opponent did not expect; importantly by himself. Other youngsters are being helped by former greats like Leko.

  2. #32
    CC Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    9
    Heartbreaker for Anton in Round 9. He had the advantage for most of what turned into a very tricky ending - he made plenty of Stockfish Number 1 moves - occasionally his opponent got back to level - but made an error at the 6 Hr 50 Min. mark in an equal position that cost him. Fantastic effort though and riveting to watch.

  3. #33
    CC Grandmaster Desmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The island
    Posts
    12,723
    Svidler's game of the round videos are pretty good.

    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

    See you in another life, brotha.

  4. #34
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    13,600
    Quote Originally Posted by GeelongGrizzle View Post
    Heartbreaker for Anton in Round 9. He had the advantage for most of what turned into a very tricky ending - he made plenty of Stockfish Number 1 moves - occasionally his opponent got back to level - but made an error at the 6 Hr 50 Min. mark in an equal position that cost him. Fantastic effort though and riveting to watch.
    Yes, was totally winning throughout. May be a draw already when the final blunder came though.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  5. #35
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    13,600
    Anton has just scored his first win of the event! Well done!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

  6. #36
    CC Grandmaster Desmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The island
    Posts
    12,723
    Carlsen scores another win and is now just half a point behind Caruana.

    Interestingly they still have yet to play 2 of the same people in the remaining 3 rounds (Duda and Artemiev), while in the other game Caruana has Kovalev, and Carlsen is yet to play So.
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

    See you in another life, brotha.

  7. #37
    CC International Master ElevatorEscapee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,094
    It's Anton versus Anton tomorrow night:

    Anton Smirnov v David Anton Guijarro!
    "On my chess set, all the pawns are Hamburglers" ~ Homer Simpson.

  8. #38
    CC FIDE Master Metro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevatorEscapee View Post
    It's Anton versus Anton tomorrow night:

    Anton Smirnov v David Anton Guijarro!
    Anton is white so will he play for the win against the tournament leader? Will he be satisfied with a draw?

  9. #39
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    13,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    Carlsen scores another win and is now just half a point behind Caruana.

    Interestingly they still have yet to play 2 of the same people in the remaining 3 rounds (Duda and Artemiev), while in the other game Caruana has Kovalev, and Carlsen is yet to play So.
    Carlson would be leading if not for caruana's amazing luck again against Anand
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 2 guests)

  1. cathyc

Similar Threads

  1. Tata Steel 2019
    By Kevin Bonham in forum Overseas Tournament News and Results
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 28-01-2019, 02:16 AM
  2. Tata Steel 2017
    By MichaelBaron in forum Overseas Tournament News and Results
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 31-01-2017, 03:45 PM
  3. Tata Steel Masters 2016
    By Qbert in forum Overseas Tournament News and Results
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-02-2016, 01:41 AM
  4. 2014 Tata Steel
    By rob in forum Overseas Tournament News and Results
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 27-01-2014, 01:09 AM
  5. Tata Steel
    By Kevin Bonham in forum Overseas Tournament News and Results
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 09:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •