Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    CC Candidate Master Gnostic Bishop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    Because when he comes the antichrist ( I don't give him an initial capital letter) will be totally opposed to the Church and be instrumental in a big increase in persecution and killing of Christians.
    An inquisition is what you describe.

Pay back is a bitch eh?

Todays right wing Christians and Muslims are synonymous with witch hunters and others who have lost their minds to supernatural belief.

Regards
    DL

Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)

Christians should be pro-semitic

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    I am very far from a Jew hater. I am a Messianic Jew and a Christian. My great grandmother was Jewish. Jews follow the mother’s family line rather than the father's, so would regard me as Jewish. And I support ‘Jews for Jesus’, for which a good friend of mine is an evangelist.
    The matrilineal descent is a relatively modern Jewish tradition; the Bible always uses the patrilineal descent to define Jewishness.

Everything else you say is right on. I am also a Messianic Jew or Hebrew Christian. An antisemitic Christian should be an oxymoron, because Jesus and all the NT writers (including Luke) were Jewish. Furthermore, the Abrahamic Covenant has never been revoked:

“I [God] will bless those who bless you [Abraham], and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” (Genesis 12:3).

Fellow Hebrew Christian Dr Arnold Fruchtenbaum calls this God's foreign policy towards the Gentiles with respect to the Jews.
    Last edited by Capablanca-Fan; 09-01-2020 at 03:27 AM.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

The mega-death toll of atheistic regimes

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Bishop View Post
    Todays right wing Christians and Muslims are synonymous with witch hunters and others who have lost their minds to supernatural belief.
    Another ipse dixit to start the New Year. The Left have been doing their own versions of witch-hunting and inquisitions. Exhibit 1: the tens of millions of non-war deaths under atheopathic communism:

Professor Mark Kramer from the Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies at Harvard University edited “The Black Book”. Subsequent research, he told me, suggests that “the total number (of people) who died unnatural deaths under communist regimes … (is) upward of 80 million.”

Let’s put that new number in perspective.

Between 1825 and 1917, wrote Stéphane Courtois from the French National Centre for Scientific Research, the Tsarist regime in Russia “carried out 6,321 political executions ... whereas in two months of official ‘Red Terror’ in the fall of 1918 Bolshevism achieved some 15,000.”

Or, consider the Inquisition. According to Professor Agostino Borromeo, a historian of Catholicism at the Sapienza University in Rome, “there were some 125,000 trials of suspected heretics in Spain ... (between 1478 and 1834, but only) about 1 percent of the defendants (i.e., 1,250) were executed.”

Finally, consider the counterreformation. Queen “Bloody” Mary, who tried to restore Catholicism to England between 1553 and 1558, sent 280 dissenters to the stake. Between November 1917, when the communists came to power in Russia, and the North Korean famine in the mid-1990s, communists were responsible for deaths of at least 154 people every hour.

Christians also stopped witch hunts. In the medieval period, the church taught that witchcraft was impossible, so accusing someone of witchcraft was regarded as a sin. Witch-hunting and the Spanish Inquisition were phenomena of the so-called Renaissance. But they never occurred in the same place, because the Inquisition rejected witch-hunting.
    Last edited by Capablanca-Fan; 09-01-2020 at 03:26 AM.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    Another ipse dixit to start the New Year. The Left have been doing their own versions of witch-hunting and inquisitions. Exhibit 1: the tens of millions of non-war deaths under atheopathic communism:

Professor Mark Kramer from the Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies at Harvard University edited “The Black Book”. Subsequent research, he told me, suggests that “the total number (of people) who died unnatural deaths under communist regimes … (is) upward of 80 million.”

Let’s put that new number in perspective.

Between 1825 and 1917, wrote Stéphane Courtois from the French National Centre for Scientific Research, the Tsarist regime in Russia “carried out 6,321 political executions ... whereas in two months of official ‘Red Terror’ in the fall of 1918 Bolshevism achieved some 15,000.”

Or, consider the Inquisition. According to Professor Agostino Borromeo, a historian of Catholicism at the Sapienza University in Rome, “there were some 125,000 trials of suspected heretics in Spain ... (between 1478 and 1834, but only) about 1 percent of the defendants (i.e., 1,250) were executed.”

Finally, consider the counterreformation. Queen “Bloody” Mary, who tried to restore Catholicism to England between 1553 and 1558, sent 280 dissenters to the stake. Between November 1917, when the communists came to power in Russia, and the North Korean famine in the mid-1990s, communists were responsible for deaths of at least 154 people every hour.

Christians also stopped witch hunts. In the medieval period, the church taught that witchcraft was impossible, so accusing someone of witchcraft was regarded as a sin. Witch-hunting and the Spanish Inquisition were phenomena of the so-called Renaissance. But they never occurred in the same place, because the Inquisition rejected witch-hunting.
    That book by Cramer that I have some where in my attic is a manual for detecting witchcraft and that was put out by the Catholic Church.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

I start history for Israel after WWII. The victors chose their fate.

So should we all.

It is our stupid ancient feuds that are causing modern woes.

If all indigenous peoples maintained their ancient hates, what a wonderful world it would be. Right?

Regards
    DL
    The millions of Palestinian refugees did they have a chance to decide their fate? Israel is mostly composed of European implants that are very brutally stealing more land day - they have no place in the Middle East where good land and water are precious. How convenient to begin history after WW2 - if the Nazis had won would you still be saying the same?

Judaism is still celebrating victories of 3,000 years ago.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

because the Inquisition rejected witch-hunting.
    Rather good of the inquisitors, murderers all, to police themselves.

Inquisitions and jihads are used to deny people freedom of thought and religion.

The murderous ones are rare these days but both Islam and Christianity continue to deny people freedom of thought and religion with their divisive and immoral homophobic and misogynous teachings.

Christianity and Islam and their supernaturalstupid thinking followers are immoral garbage.

Regards
    DL

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    The millions of Palestinian refugees did they have a chance to decide their fate? Israel is mostly composed of European implants that are very brutally stealing more land day - they have no place in the Middle East where good land and water are precious. How convenient to begin history after WW2 - if the Nazis had won would you still be saying the same?

Judaism is still celebrating victories of 3,000 years ago.
    If Jews are stupid enough to live in the past, let them. The smarter thing to do is live in the present. You should consider it.

I have given you the point on Jewish land grabs. That is just one point that does not explain the 4 or so peace plans and land border plans that have been accepted for a vote by the Muslims negotiators and were voted down.

If no side is going to forgive ancient actions that created hatreds, it seems that they have your type of memory.

Regards
    DL

Rather good of the inquisitors, murderers all, to police themselves.
    Yes it was, wasn't it, because the secular state of the day was burn-happy. That's why some criminals uttered heresies so they could be transferred to the more lenient Inquisition courts and prisons than the secular state offered.

Inquisitions and jihads are used to deny people freedom of thought and religion.
    You mean like Communists with their atheopathic agitprop and persecution of Christians and Muslims? And now we have a secular inquisition against anyone who says, “Only women can bear children.”

The murderous ones are rare these days but both Islam and Christianity continue to deny people freedom of thought and religion with their divisive and immoral homophobic and misogynous teachings.
    Stack up murders committed in the name of these against the murders by atheistic communists.

Christianity and Islam and their supernatural stupid thinking followers are immoral garbage.
    Where does your morality come from? Anti-supernaturalistically biased atheopathic communism?

Yes it was, wasn't it, because the secular state of the day was burn-happy. That's why some criminals uttered heresies so they could be transferred to the more lenient Inquisition courts and prisons than the secular state offered.

You mean like Communists with their atheopathic agitprop and persecution of Christians and Muslims? And now we have a secular inquisition against anyone who says, “Only women can bear children.”

Stack up murders committed in the name of these against the murders by atheistic communists.

Where does your morality come from? Anti-supernaturalistically biased atheopathic communism?
    I love to see people defend known murderers.

My morality comes from god himself, as well as the bible and secular sources.

I have admitted to suffering an apotheosis. The rest is common sense in knowing that Yahweh, a genocidal and infanticidal prick cannot be a good god.

Unless one thinks supernaturalstupidly. Then crimes against humanity are quite ok.

Genocide must be good if god does it. Right?

Regards
    DL

If Jews are stupid enough to live in the past, let them. The smarter thing to do is live in the present. You should consider it.

I have given you the point on Jewish land grabs. That is just one point that does not explain the 4 or so peace plans and land border plans that have been accepted for a vote by the Muslims negotiators and were voted down.

If no side is going to forgive ancient actions that created hatreds, it seems that they have your type of memory.

Regards
    DL
    If the Muslims and Christians btw had accepted those plans then they be accepting the Jewish land grab of Israel that created refugees of now millions of people. Arabic Jews belong in Iraq and non Arab Jews mainly Europe

If the Muslims and Christians btw had accepted those plans then they be accepting the Jewish land grab of Israel that created refugees of now millions of people. Arabic Jews belong in Iraq and non Arab Jews mainly Europe
    It was not a Jewish land grab.

It was the winners of the war, the West, trying to find an equitable and peaceful solution for the world.

How would you have solved the U.N.'s dilemma?

Send all the Jews who had evaded Hitler back to Germany?

Regards
    DL

The matrilineal descent is a relatively modern Jewish tradition; the Bible always uses the patrilineal descent to define Jewishness.

Everything else you say is right on. I am also a Messianic Jew or Hebrew Christian. An antisemitic Christian should be an oxymoron, because Jesus and all the NT writers (including Luke) were Jewish. Furthermore, the Abrahamic Covenant has never been revoked:

“I [God] will bless those who bless you [Abraham], and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” (Genesis 12:3).

Fellow Hebrew Christian Dr Arnold Fruchtenbaum calls this God's foreign policy towards the Gentiles with respect to the Jews.
    I understood antisemitism was based on a literal translation of Matthew 27:25 And all the people answered, “His blood be on us and on our children!” , so the crucifixion of Christ was accepted as a Jewish responsibility. I'm sure there are contrary interpretations - I have no dog in the fight.

It was not a Jewish land grab.

It was the winners of the war, the West, trying to find an equitable and peaceful solution for the world.

How would you have solved the U.N.'s dilemma?

Send all the Jews who had evaded Hitler back to Germany?

Regards
    DL
    No insult intended but how many Jews were there left in Germany at War's end? Why did not the war winning nations accommodate them in their own countries where they had full authority and no brutal land grabbing? Why do non Arabs have the right to demand anything and every thing from Arabs?

When the persecution was taking place Australia and maybe South Africa and other countries were offering shelter for Germany's Jews but their leaders refused they insisted on Palestine. So the Jewish leaders used their own people as sacrificial lambs to get a country they had no legal right to. WW2 was supposed to be against land grabbing by force but it was propagated immediately again by the winning nations. How you equate the Zionist terrorist invasion of Palestine as equitable and peaceful then we live on different planets. Ask Michael Baron how he would feel if the UN and USA decided to allow a few million Southern Sudanese to take over his property holdings in Melbourne and sent him off to live with the Aborigines in the desert - he would be so thrilled!
    Last edited by antichrist; 09-01-2020 at 09:44 AM.

No insult intended but how many Jews were there left in Germany at War's end? Why did not the war winning nations accommodate them in their own countries where they had full authority and no brutal land grabbing? Why do non Arabs have the right to demand anything and every thing from Arabs?

When the persecution was taking place Australia and maybe South Africa and other countries were offering shelter for Germany's Jews but their leaders refused they insisted on Palestine. So the Jewish leaders used their own people as sacrificial lambs to get a country they had no legal right to. WW2 was supposed to be against land grabbing by force but it was propagated immediately again by the winning nations. How you equate the Zionist terrorist invasion of Palestine as equitable and peaceful then we live on different planets. Ask Michael Baron how he would feel if the UN and USA decided to allow a few million Southern Sudanese to take over his property holdings in Melbourne and sent him off to live with the Aborigines in the desert - he would be so thrilled!
    I have forgotten some of the history, but if memory serves, the Brits had promised the Jews a homeland for helping win the war and that condition was required for the Americans to enter WWII.

The point is that too many countries during and after the war were still not happy with Jews being in their country.

Good old religious hatreds. All for imaginary gods.

Regards
    DL

I have forgotten some of the history, but if memory serves, the Brits had promised the Jews a homeland for helping win the war and that condition was required for the Americans to enter WWII.

The point is that too many countries during and after the war were still not happy with Jews being in their country.

Good old religious hatreds. All for imaginary gods.

Regards
    DL
    This is the first time I have heard of that USA condition. Well if USA Jewry were responsible for manoeuvring that clause in and UK had refused and lost the war then it would be no wonder that countries did not want many Jews. Australia had offered assistance that was refused yet they are prepared to manipulate foreign policy to achieve their colonial goals. They are still doing the same 80 years later.

Thread Information