Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CC International Master Kaitlin's Avatar

Chesschat correspondence match #4 Kaitlin v's

Maybe not even a move a day (cause Im still on hols) but tke the long drawn out pause as attemetmts to pshypke you out. If you can take the toe twisting long drawen out pauses asear licking attemptem to drowen you... then im your match
    .. this Caketin is full of little spiders and watermelon seeds.....

..Chess is all about fear and psychology

..Chess is like an exam..... you havent studied for

..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things
    ..... but that you might have wasted that playing way too much chess

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlin
    Maybe not even a move a day (cause Im still on hols) but tke the long drawn out pause as attemetmts to pshypke you out. If you can take the toe twisting long drawen out pauses asear licking attemptem to drowen you... then im your match
    Kaitlin,

I too, am not so regular as to offer a move per day.

Should you deign to accept a move per week, you will have committed to a whole year of ponderment.

Trust me that, I flipped a coin and so, with hesitation, I elect to play has white.

1. e4 ... .

Then, to all replies 2. f4 ... , except for:
    1. ... d5, then 2. exd
    1. ... f5, then 2. e5
    1. ... Nf6, then 2. e5

I shall return within a week.

Yours in anticipation,

I.W.

Kaitlin,

How are you?

I trust that you have not been washed away by other events.

I.W.

Red face

Hi

I did think of some moves way back on the New Years Day holiday day but I didn't post them straight away I though I would think some more before I did (giving me options made me think extra hard), see I was making use of the week but of cause I was thinking 'a week' from when I read your post not from when you posted it (doh ). Anywho, I forgot those moves but last night I was thinking again and thought of some more so here they are:

1. e4 --- d5
    2. exd --- c6

ps.. right now I going to go and write a,b,c and 1 to 8 on some strips of paper and stick them on the chess board cause I just typed in c3 when i thought c6
    pps.. Oh' and did I mention Im not a very very good player yet but sometimes im tricky so watch out .

ps.. right now I going to go and write a,b,c and 1 to 8 on some strips of paper and stick them on the chess board cause I just typed in c3 when i thought c6
    pps.. Oh' and did I mention Im not a very very good player yet but sometimes im tricky so watch out .

Kaitlin,

c6!?

Not book as I might recall.

I suspect that you may attempt to transpose back to the Icelandic gambit or some other such line from the dust bin into which you are breathing new life.

Suffice to say, I suspect that your chess abilities are greater than you would have me believe.

This will be a super game.

Your pawn is rejected, Kaitlin.

I see no need for white to accept this c pawn lure.

3. Nc6
    Last edited by Woodstocker; 15-01-2005 at 10:06 AM.

Options, options, options.... mmm I dont have many, in fact your making me make this move, making me make moves already . Oh well . 3. --- a6.

1. e4 --- d5
    2. exd --- c6
    3. Nc6 --- a6

Hope you been having a nice week, we had a big storm yesterday mostly wind. It bent the clothes line (we had a big canvas tied to it), and it blew half a tree over next door (it had like two trunks), and it bent and blew one of the blades off the old windmill, it was a bit scarey to watch.. but this morning there is not even a cloud .

I await your next move cause Im really enjoying this (having to and having time to think about your moves) chess.

Options, options, options.... mmm I dont have many, in fact your making me make this move, making me make moves already . Oh well . 3. --- a6.

1. e4 --- d5
    2. exd --- c6
    3. Nc6 --- a6

Hope you been having a nice week, we had a big storm yesterday mostly wind. It bent the clothes line (we had a big canvas tied to it), and it blew half a tree over next door (it had like two trunks), and it bent and blew one of the blades off the old windmill, it was a bit scarey to watch.. but this morning there is not even a cloud .

I await your next move cause Im really enjoying this (having to and having time to think about your moves) chess.

Kaitlin,

From different windows in many suburbs I too saw it rain without respite all yesterday.

Today, as I comtemplate an early departure to a weekend retreat, I see through this very window a flash and thunderclap too powerful be Thor's work alone.

3. ... a6!! maybe an accolade given in advance.

1. e4 --- d5
    2. exd --- c6
    3. Nc3 --- a6
    4. d4

With this, I shall continue to take the centre, enabling me to better dispense with any attack based apon your playing of b5.

Hi ya Woodstocker

I decided on 4. --- cxd5.

I think I need to do it now cause that guy of yours would probably cause me all sorts of problems latter on, plus now we are back to having the same number of guys again. Lucky I didnt type in a move as soon as I ran and made your move on my chess set, which I wanted to do ... becasue this one is better I think , but only time will tell, anywho, we will find out....

1. e4 --- d5
    2. exd --- c6
    3. Nc3 --- a6
    4. d4 --- cxd5

How was your weekend away?

How was your weekend away?

Kaitlin,

My weekend was sweat and sour. I speared a bag limit of rock cod but did not illegally take the many teasing gropers nor the thirty to forty abalone plucked measured and returned.

To your recapture I will lead you in development with 5. Nf3.

I am disturbed at your unexpected transposition from Scandinavian to a Caro-Kann since I know precious little of its theory.

At this point I must ask you a question. Do you intend playing this game as a correspondence match complete with books and silicon or are you playing currently as I am in an OTB manner?

IW
    Last edited by Woodstocker; 27-01-2005 at 01:29 PM.

Here's a visual for you:

PGN Viewer

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstocker
    At this point I must ask you a question. Do you intend playing this game as a correspondence match complete with books and silicon or are you playing currently as I am in an OTB manner?
    Of course it's your game but when I began the correspondence idea I wanted to have it played with proper corr. rules, that is, no computer analysis.
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstocker

IW
    I am playing OTB = over the board.. I have my chess set set up in my room and put your moves on it as soon as I read them, and then work out my move from there. I do have one chess book, I got it at Christmas time, its called Chess Opening: Traps and Zaps... Bruce Pandolfini but our game is different to any of the ones in there. And I dont use any computer thing, the only 'play against the computer' I have used is the one here in the training section and its a bit silly cause it always makes the same moves and the bit where is says you can type stuff in, that bit doesnt work.

I have to admit I have never heard of Icelandic or Scandinavian to a Caro-Kann transposition ... and I suspect you will discover this before the end of our game... but as least I scared mmm or worried you a little bit with that unexpected transposition thingy .

Alas, sweet Kaitlin, methinks I am mortally wounded :(

Has this game come to a premature end due to a lance having now been thrown through the name of one of the participants?

(Perhaps Squire Matt will take over but I fear he may soon be moderated to a similar fate.)

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Skaro
    Has this game come to a premature end due to a lance having now been thrown through the name of one of the participants?

(Perhaps Squire Matt will take over but I fear he may soon be moderated to a similar fate.)

Mark
    maybe you could take over Mark, unless you are fearful of a similiar lancing

Bum I was lov'in that game

re"butt"al

Bum I was lov'in that game
    plus

Quote Originally Posted by ggraygray
    maybe you could take over Mark, unless you are fearful of a similiar lancing
    plus

[shoutbox 30-01-2005 11.45pm] oh and While i remember...Skrao.. turn around, cause this wasnt even unintentinal 'oh woe! poor caketin' :|
    equals

Greetings Kaitlin,

For starters, I should have enclosed the confectionary container nomenclature I assigned to you within quotation marks and then acknowledged its source.

I might have considered continuing the game in place of your former multiple personality opponent however I suspect it might bring me bad karma to step into his/their? shoes.

I'm too sore to play now ... I can't even sit down!!

Mark
    Last edited by eclectic; 31-01-2005 at 10:59 AM. Reason: acknowledging shoutbox as part of quotation source

Thread Information