Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Tales from Byron Bay

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...cid=spartanntp

This mob in Byron put on a rain dance the other day and lo and behold it rained, first time for awhile.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...cid=spartanntp

This mob in Byron put on a rain dance the other day and lo and behold it rained, first time for awhile.
    that's an easy one, what about a beer gig? Can't beat JC in those tricks! Interesting thread keep it up!
    Last edited by ER; 22-11-2019 at 06:21 AM.
    https://www.nswca.org.au/index.php
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.
    Fully vaccinated since October, 21, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    that's an easy one, what about a beer gig? Can't beat JC in those tricks! Interesting thread keep it up!
    You will regret that last comment. That large black flock of black and yellow cockatoos stay overhead every arvo and are lobbing giant poops everywhere on my residence, solar collectors, car and new shiny roof. Found out recently that the missing Belgium backpacker went right past my place into thin air - I think he had a midnight swim and got dragged out, that is a treacherous beach complete opposite to Bay side.
    Last edited by antichrist; 22-11-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

A bit of a thunderstorm brewing in Byron - it is impossible to accurately predict the weather here. The surrounds of Ballina and GC are so dry.

Paradise interrupted

The Byron Bay of our Instagram feeds is as beautiful as ever. But take a trip to the coastal town, and you’ll find businesses in peril, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    Paradise interrupted

The Byron Bay of our Instagram feeds is as beautiful as ever. But take a trip to the coastal town, and you’ll find businesses in peril, ...
    It was heavenly being able to park car annd trailer anywhere in the main drag taking up 4 spaces. With QLD border closed we were over crowded during recent school holidays.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    Paradise interrupted
    Speaking of Byron Bay - it gets a mention in Snopes:

In October 2020, a video supposedly showing a moonrise near the Cape Byron Lighthouse at Byron Bay in New South Wales, Australia, was widely circulated on social media: ...
    The stunning visuals in this video — mainly the eerily bright and large moon — led some to be skeptical of this footage. Generally speaking, this is a genuine video of a moonrise over Byron Bay. That means the moon in this video is not a computer-generated image. However, the moon would not appear this big with the naked eye. It requires distance, a long lens, and some photographic know-how to create this visual.

^ I can even see Peter Garrett dancing in that pic. Certain times of the year there are terrific shots here. Some beaches are presently scoured out but will repair eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Speaking of Byron Bay - it gets a mention in Snopes:

In October 2020, a video supposedly showing a moonrise near the Cape Byron Lighthouse at Byron Bay(...) However, the moon would not appear this big with the naked eye. It requires distance, a long lens, and some photographic know-how to create this visual.
    Here's another shot to enhance the visual effect with some imaginary live music (no photoshop here)

Attachment 4636
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

CC Grandmaster
    Here's another shot to enhance the visual effect with some imaginary live music (no photoshop here)

Attachment 4636
    all I can say is: Sigh...
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Attachment 4636
    You did not give warning that may be showing pic of someone since deceased. The guy could be chess player George but had 2 legs a few years ago

Attachment 4637

Attachment 4638

source: referred to on the heading
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

About Theo almost all locals I discuss with believe he went for a late swim and got sucked out. Tallow beach can be treacherous at that end. A few backpackers on boards died there not long ago. I wouldn't swim there in a fit and I have taken on all comers.

The only serious crime here is white drug dealers - even Olympians. There is a over represented minority group of them that I won't mention.
    Last edited by antichrist; 24-10-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Attachment 4641

source as in previous
    Last edited by ER; 24-10-2020 at 09:27 AM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Thread Information