Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Live games

CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    pgn's are being done now and should be completed in a couple of hours, a couple of games are still going also.
    Hey ggray are you manually inputting the pgn?

If so the days i am there i might give you a hand if you need it. I had a bit of fun looking over some of the games when i helped K and BJ at Penrith.
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

Quote Originally Posted by the chess nut
    Hey ggray are you manually inputting the pgn?

If so the days i am there i might give you a hand if you need it. I had a bit of fun looking over some of the games when i helped K and BJ at Penrith.
    most of the games are being manually inputted, but we have a fine team doing it. Thanks for your offer

Account Permanently Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dickinson
    Yeah, we're all curious. After all, round 1 is one of the most exciting rounds with the possibility of upsets (isn't that right starter?)

Congrats to Shannon too, that's a partial upset. Hopefully KB will recover well too, he's always capable of pulling off some good wins.
    BD
    I do hope that Barry will come out of 'retirement' on the competitive index topic and add his own deep thought to my rather simplified index.

And yes, the metric indicates that the potential for large upsets is maximised in round 1 pairings... so this could be called exciting.

starter

Karths, can you also put this message up on the main website as well so those who dont read here know what has happened to the live game broadcast.
    FMD! Listen mate, this one really is POSITIVE feedback.

I just saw the front page of www.mtbullerchess.com and Karthick, true enough, did put up your message above albeit an edited version. Still, when you read the message you can't help concluding incompetence and a comedy of errors. The image of headless chooks scampering around for an adaptor keeps playing back through me head. Mate, the dang site is likely to be looked at by international people see. And it's a bit embarassing.

Next time just say 'technical difficulties' and that's that. Don't go into too much detail about you haulin' your butt off down the mountain to find the bloody thing.

Finally, avoid making definitive statements like 'there will be'. This leaves you with no options at all. Just say you're working on the problem and that's that.

OK?

AR

Quite right AR, very good advice ... not too late to edit that page guys!
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

CC International Master

Top seed start s with win

Hello guys.
    I just had a phone call from Edvins Kengis and he sad that he won in his first game.Hopfully full results from round one will be available soon.

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Can we please get some results and next round pairings

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    FMD! Listen mate, this one really is POSITIVE feedback.

I just saw the front page of www.mtbullerchess.com and Karthick, true enough, did put up your message above albeit an edited version. Still, when you read the message you can't help concluding incompetence and a comedy of errors. The image of headless chooks scampering around for an adaptor keeps playing back through me head. Mate, the dang site is likely to be looked at by international people see. And it's a bit embarassing.

Next time just say 'technical difficulties' and that's that. Don't go into too much detail about you haulin' your butt off down the mountain to find the bloody thing.

Finally, avoid making definitive statements like 'there will be'. This leaves you with no options at all. Just say you're working on the problem and that's that.

OK?

AR

--k

most of the games are being manually inputted, but we have a fine team doing it. Thanks for your offer
    Its a shame the organisers are not providing results on this bb as the games finish.

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    Its a shame the organisers are not providing results on this bb as the games finish.
    atleast give us hourly updates of the SP files.....

Maybe they are trying to get all the games keyed in and then give it all to you at once.

Sigh - I am going to go and watch the first Lord of the Rings (the kids got the third one for Christmas, so we have to watch them all again by that time we will have to have some results

Quote Originally Posted by jenni
    Maybe they are trying to get all the games keyed in and then give it all to you at once.
    That would be just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    That would be just plain stupid.
    Your point?

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Quote Originally Posted by jenni
    Your point?
    If I don't get it before I sleep it will have to wait till the morning...

come on guys, what is this.. whys it taking so long to save your current copy of SP files and send it to me??!

I've just sent an SMS to Charles to ask what is happening - if I get a reply I will post it here.

Thread Information