Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Transgender sportspeople: the end of women's sports

When it comes to chess, changing from male to female is not a big deal, since there is no evidence that masculinity provides any advantage in chess skill.

But in physical sports, having grown up a male means having the benefit of years of testosterone, which promotes bones density and muscle mass. If biological males who didn't switch until they were adult, they have an adult male body, but are competing against physically weaker females.

Case in point: CeCe Telfer, who was born Craig, totally dominated a female hurdles event, setting a new record:

“Senior CeCe Telfer (Lebanon, N.H.) took control of the 400-meter hurdles down the back stretch on Saturday night and went on to post victory by more than a second, in a personal collegiate-best time of 57.53 seconds,”

But as a male, Telfer was a mediocre performer:

“Prior to joining the women’s team this season, Telfer was a mediocre [Division II] athlete who never came close to making it to nationals in the men’s category,” the article noted.

“In 2016 and 2017, Telfer ranked 200th and 390th, respectively, among [Division II] men in the 400 hurdles (Telfer didn’t run outdoor track in 2018 as either a man or woman). Now she’s the national champion in the event simply because she switched her gender (Telfer’s coach told us that even though she competed on the men’s team her first three years, her gender fluidity was present from her freshman year).

“The fact that Telfer can change her gender and immediately become a national champion is proof positive as to why women’s sports needs protection.”

Another case was Transgender MMA Fighter Fallon Fox beat her female opponent Tamika Brents so severely that she suffered a broken skull. The loser said:

I’ve fought a lot of women and have never felt the strength that I felt in a fight as I did that night. I can’t answer whether it’s because she was born a man or not because I’m not a doctor. I can only say, I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right… I still disagree with Fox fighting. Any other job or career I say have a go at it, but when it comes to a combat sport I think it just isn’t fair.

You can also say good bye to women's professional tennis if a transgender in the top few hundred enters the women's circuit, as shown by the severe defeat inflicted by a man outside the top 200 on the best two female players in the world:

At the height of the Williams boom in 1998, an unofficial game took place in Australia after Serena and Venus claimed that no male player outside the top 200 could beat them. Up stepped a German known as Karsten Braasch who was ranked 203rd in the world and after first beating Serena 6-1, he then disposed of Venus 6-2." I didn't know it would be that difficult. I played shots that would have been winners on the women's circuit and he got to them very easily," said Serena." They wouldn't have had a chance against anyone inside the top 500 because today I played like someone ranked 600th to keep it fun," was Braasch's assessment.

Powerlifting is yet another example. Transgender Mary Gregory dominated a veteran women's competition:

“What a day, 9 for 9! Masters world squat record, open world bench record, masters world dl record, and masters world total record! Still processing, full meet recap to come a bit later but I do want to thank a few people,”

Leading biologically female athletes argued that this was unfair:

But former Great Britain Olympic swimmer Sharron Davies [MBE] appeared to take exception to Gregory competing in the female weightlifting competition.

Davies has previously spoken out against transgender competition claiming on Twitter: “Any records set by trans woman ( those born males with male biology & advantages) should be removed when all of this confusion & unfairness is sorted out.”

This time she claimed it was an “unfair playing field”.

“This is a trans woman a male body with male physiology setting a world record & winning a woman’s event in America in powerlifting. A woman with female biology cannot compete. It’s a pointless unfair playing field,” she wrote.

Another British track Olympian, [Double Olympic Champion Dame] Kelly Holmes, commented on Davies’ Twitter post claiming she was “getting ready for biological women to boycott certain events”.

It’s a bloody joke and all getting ready for biological women to boycott certain events. Have a trans category if need be but even better a trans games Otherwise I’m starting to worry about the backlash and abuse that the trans community will get from spectators. It will happen!

Gregory didn’t hide the fact of transgenderism, but was later stripped of these records and titles:

“The lifter exceeded the current female world records in this lifter’s age and weight category. This automatically calls for drug testing protocol which takes place at the end of every event. The drug testing coordinator for this event performed the drug test at which time it was revealed that this female lifter was actually a male in the process of becoming a transgender female.”
    Last edited by Capablanca-Fan; 02-06-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

CC Grandmaster
    https://www.facebook.com/marina.aido...6868586932787/

Interesting watch...at the same time I am very strongly against discrimination that the Transgender people face in some environments. Sport is a very tricky area though. I was doing karate before so have a very clear first-hand idea about differences between male and female competitor levels and abilities due to natural causes.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

I am against trannies fitting in the women's come. Maybe set up the trannies own comp.

Could the same conundrum occur in chess?
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    I am against trannies fitting in the women's come. Maybe set up the trannies own comp.
    I agree, haven't checked all sports, however, in

• track and field,
    • weight lifting,
    • tennis,
    • team competitions like footy neither ours nor that raging potato game where the ball has more intelligence than the players,
    • soccer,
    • basketball etc

transgendered participation in womens' events makes it grossly unfair for female competitors. (*)

Could the same conundrum occur in chess?
    Australian experience has proved that transgendered participation in womens' chess competitions has been welcomed and supported.
    I have no idea what the situation is overseas

(*) all of the above, however, are easier said than done!

For example, how do you exclude from participation a person who has not a chance in the world
    to contest a title or even a placement in either men's or womens' events?

Well, we might not be able to see it in this century, but I strongly believe that time
    as a great equalizer, will one day provide members of all sexes incl. transgendered
    the natural and ethical means to participate in whichever competition they choose!
    Last edited by ER; 02-06-2019 at 06:19 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    I agree, haven't checked all sports, however, in

• track and field,
    • weight lifting,
    • tennis,
    • team competitions like footy neither ours nor that raging potato game where the ball has more intelligence than the players,
    • soccer,
    • basketball etc

transgendered participation in womens' events makes it grossly unfair for female competitors. (*)

Australian experience has proved that transgendered participation in womens' chess competitions has been welcomed and supported.
    I have no idea what the situation is overseas

(*) all of the above, however, are easier said than done!

For example, how do you exclude from participation a person who has not a chance in the world
    to contest a title or even a placement in either men's or womens' events?

Well, we might not be able to see it in this century, but I strongly believe that time
    as a great equalizer, will one day provide members of all sexes incl. transgendered
    the natural and ethical means to participate in whichever competition they choose!
    As a performer of Lola which camp will you be jumping into?
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    As a performer of Lola which camp will you be jumping into?
    Unexpectedly profound level of seriousness this one sweetie,
    however, to get the record straight (no pun intended)
    1) I never performed R.D.'s stuff and
    2) depends on the pay cheque!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Unexpectedly profound level of seriousness this one sweetie,
    however, to get the record straight (no pun intended)
    1) I never performed R.D.'s stuff and
    2) depends on the pay cheque!
    You have admitted a few years back that if the crowd is "suitable" you have belted out Lola. R.D.'s stuff is fantastic. Lola V Powerman - is an original album.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LemG0cvc4oU
    Last edited by antichrist; 02-06-2019 at 10:27 PM.

nothing to do with the song itself which is great and I know how to play it. plus it's quite a wildly acceptable number!
    Just that when it came out I had already stopped performing with rock bands concentrating on mainly jazz and classical.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

nothing to do with the song itself which is great and I know how to play it. plus it's quite a wildly acceptable number!
    Just that when it came out I had already stopped performing with rock bands concentrating on mainly jazz and classical.
    I will put your original denial in the same category as Trump never touching Stormy. There must have been tranny rock performers that are not well known.

Did you purchase Sgt Peppers on it's first release day - beat that
    Last edited by antichrist; 02-06-2019 at 10:46 PM.

CC Grandmaster
    https://babylonbee.com/news/proud-mo...p_tDIFnoy7c1Cw

This is NOT about sport...but somehow relevant

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    https://babylonbee.com/news/proud-mo...p_tDIFnoy7c1Cw

This is NOT about sport...but somehow relevant
    She reminds me of a few chess parents I have witnessed at tourneys.

CC Grandmaster
    Folau thinks that transgender sportspeople are the work of the devil (literally):
    Israel Folau has used a sermon at his Sydney church to describe homosexuality as a sin and criticise young people being allowed to “change their gender”. In a video posted to his church’s Facebook page, the former rugby union star claimed the devil was behind primary schoolchildren being allowed to decide if they wanted to change gender.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Folau thinks that transgender sportspeople are the work of the devil (literally):
    Israel Folau has used a sermon at his Sydney church to describe homosexuality as a sin and criticise young people being allowed to “change their gender”. In a video posted to his church’s Facebook page, the former rugby union star claimed the devil was behind primary schoolchildren being allowed to decide if they wanted to change gender.
    I would not take Folau's statements seriously. To me, the issue is NOT that people change gender (it is their choice) - but the fact that in some sports, being ''Male'' gives unfair advantage when competing. I can not think of any sports where Male changing their gender to Female would get an ''unfair advantage''...possibly in some areas of gymnastics...but even with gymnastics - I am not too sure.

CC Grandmaster
    I would not take Folau's statements seriously.
    Folau takes his views very seriously, and so do a lot of other people.

To me, the issue is NOT that people change gender (it is their choice) - but the fact that in some sports, being ''Male'' gives unfair advantage when competing. I can not think of any sports where Male changing their gender to Female would get an ''unfair advantage''...possibly in some areas of gymnastics...but even with gymnastics - I am not too sure.
    It's not being male that gives the competitor the unfair advantage, it's the increased testosterone levels leading to increased muscle mass. Females could replicate this, and some already do. But in most sports there is a lot more to being successful than just being big and strong.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Folau takes his views very seriously, and so do a lot of other people.

It's not being male that gives the competitor the unfair advantage, it's the increased testosterone levels leading to increased muscle mass. Females could replicate this, and some already do. But in most sports there is a lot more to being successful than just being big and strong.
    1) Folau can take his views any way he wants...it does not impact my views (somehow his reasoning is not something I would consider)
    2) re male not giving advantage...I think in all the sports (could be due to factors other than muscle mass) males clearly outperform females very significantly so those who change gender may have a good starting edge...not to mention the fact that while in individual cases females could try to become as strong as males, overall, it is quite obvious men are stronger.

Thread Information