Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Australian history: Aboriginal agriculture, technology and ingenuity

ABC Education has released a teaching series on Australia's actual indigenous history, not the sanitised European version we learnt at school

http://education.abc.net.au/newsanda...-their-country

My favourites in Oz history were Bass and Flinders how they circumnavigated in a dingy.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    ABC Education has released a teaching series on Australia's actual indigenous history, not the sanitised European version we learnt at school

http://education.abc.net.au/newsanda...-their-country
    what an advanced society it was...

May be it also explains why Indigenous communities are so good at embracing technology, new practices...and learning in general.

I wonder if ABC made a series about Ancient Greece...may be can watch one after other and compare...shall we?
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    what an advanced society it was...

May be it also explains why Indigenous communities are so good at embracing technology, new practices...and learning in general.

I wonder if ABC made a series about Ancient Greece...may be can watch one after other and compare...shall we?
    Michael, you are in the Aborigines' country - show respect and good manners.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Which is why the ABC made a series about it, of course. There are plenty of series about the history of Greece.

CC Grandmaster
    I am in my country. So are you and so are the Indigenous. We are all living in OUR country.

I am in my country. So are you and so are the Indigenous. We are all living in OUR country.
    So why aren't you interested in our history?

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    So why aren't you interested in our history?
    I am interested. However, there is something called ''critical thinking & analysis''
    Interested - does not mean that you share certain politically correct views...

CC Grandmaster
    I am NOT in their country. I am happy to show the respect and good manners towards them though...just like they should towards me. But anyway, why would I worry who is Aboriginal and who is not? I am Australian and so are they. What is the difference?

I am interested. However, there is something called ''critical thinking & analysis''
    Interested - does not mean that you share certain politically correct views...
    Quite so. And how long did you spend critically analysing the 14-part series? Personally I feel a sense of pride in Australian achievements

CC International Master ElevatorEscapee's Avatar
    I am NOT in their country. I am happy to show the respect and good manners towards them though...just like they should towards me. But anyway, why would I worry who is Aboriginal and who is not? I am Australian and so are they. What is the difference?
    That's sad Michael, it sounds like you haven't been Welcomed to Country yet... :S
    "On my chess set, all the pawns are Hamburglers" ~ Homer Simpson.

If Adolf had been successful in taking Russia - with your family still stuck there today as 3 class citizens - would you appreciate arrogant and superiorist Germans claiming Russia as their country?

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevatorEscapee View Post
    That's sad Michael, it sounds like you haven't been Welcomed to Country yet... :S
    I have been....in the city saw plenty of welcomes...including empty beer bottles flying around .

CC Grandmaster
    If Adolf had been successful in taking Russia - with your family still stuck there today as 3 class citizens - would you appreciate arrogant and superiorist Germans claiming Russia as their country?
    I do not understand your point (along with many other points that you are making ). I am not claiming anyone being superior. I think all are equal and should be equal.

I am not claiming anyone being superior. I think all are equal and should be equal.
    Come on, Michael. You don't really expect us to believe that you don't feel superior but equal to refugees, homeless, indigenous, Sudanese, unemployed, pensioners, any other groups you've disparaged which I might have missed.

Thread Information