Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jammo View Post
    The other side of the issue being that the ACF organised an awards ceremony without ensuring that the award recipient would be in attendance! Hardly re-assuring.
    The ACF had received an email from the recipient strongly implying that the recipient would attend and clearly establishing that the recipient was aware of the timing. If you think that it is the ACF's fault that the recipient forgot, or that the ACF did not bombard the recipient with reminder SMSs in the days leading up, then your level of bias is not the ACF's fault.

A similar instance to when the ACF tried to award Ian Rogers a life membership without ensuring he would accept it. How did that work out for you?
    It was not a similar instance. The facts of the cases are completely different.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 28-04-2019 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Do you Keven[sic] often expect other people to remember things that happened 2 months ago?
    This is not the point. The point is that you chose to publicly blame the ACF for the situation when the error was at your end, without checking your facts first. If you forget that you've been invited to a presentation and don't turn up, that's excusable. But blaming us for it publicly and suggesting we don't value the medal because of it is not.

If you had valued it as much as you claim that we should have and didn't, it would have been in your diary in detail and you would have been there.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    This is not the point. The point is that you chose to publicly blame the ACF for the situation when the error was at your end, without checking your facts first. If you forget that you've been invited to a presentation and don't turn up, that's excusable. But blaming us for it publicly and suggesting we don't value the medal because of it is not.

If you had valued it as much as you claim that we should have and didn't, it would have been in your diary in detail and you would have been there.
    I did not expect anything else from you, Kevin. There is no point going into lengthy arguing with you. Everybody in Australia knows it is waste of time.

P.S. Next time I receive an email from Gary Wastell (or you) I will simply shift it to my junk email box.
    Last edited by Vlad; 28-04-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    I did not expect anything else from you, Kevin. There is no point going into lengthy arguing with you. Everybody in Australia knows it is waste of time.
    I am pleased that you expected me to be so understanding of your situation. But as for your attacks on the ACF, it is certainly futile to attempt to defend a hopeless position when I am around and I am pleased you have realised this so quickly.

Perhaps jammo on the adjacent board would like to keep playing on three pieces down?

Thread Information