View Poll Results: WHO WILL WIN? (THIS POLL ASKS WHO WILL WIN, NOT WHO DO YOU WANT TO WIN)

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coalition by >30 seats

0 0%
  • Coalition by 16-30 seats

0 0%
  • Coalition by 15 or fewer seats [CORRECT]

4 33.33%
  • Hung parliament

0 0%
  • Labor by 15 or fewer seats

6 50.00%
  • Labor by 16-30 seats

1 8.33%
  • Labor by >30 seats

1 8.33%
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    If you're on 180 grand or better, the Coalition will hand you a share of $77 billion which the rest of us won't see
    Of course, tax cuts will benefit those already paying the most tax. Those who pay little or no taxes should hardly expect to benefit from tax cuts.

The above also shows the mind of a leftist: the government really owns all our money, and thus we should be grateful if it hands us a share of it. In reality, tax cuts mean that the government confiscates less money that people of earned. How terrible: obviously politicians and bureaucrats can spend money far more wisely than those who actually earned it.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    investments and superannuation for me!
    That's sensible, and improvements on both will benefit all Australians. It's in the country's best interest if people are encouraged to save for their retirement, which will lessen state expenditure on old age pensions. Australians have it far better than Americans with their crappy Social Security system: if Americans were allowed to invest their Social Security "contributions" in even a balanced 50/50 stock/bond index fund, the return would be several times their Social Security checks (sic).

And Australia's dividend imputation scheme is much fairer than America's double taxation of dividends, both at company and individual level. All Australians benefit from this, because the biggest share investors are superannuation funds held by ordinary non-rich investors.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    Of course, tax cuts will benefit those already paying the most tax. Those who pay little or no taxes should hardly expect to benefit from tax cuts.

The above also shows the mind of a leftist: the government really owns all our money, and thus we should be grateful if it hands us a share of it. In reality, tax cuts mean that the government confiscates less money that people of earned. How terrible: obviously politicians and bureaucrats can spend money far more wisely than those who actually earned it.
    180k is actually not much these days for people to earn annually and given that this figure includes income from investments (rental properties etc.) - it also includes those who have been investing diligently over the years.

But yes the best part is - the regret that the 'rest'' will not see money of other people'' and this is not fair cause ''they need to see''
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    I am far more concerned about economic issues. Want a budget that helps our economy to develop.
    Probably depends if you're looking for what the parties do, or just what their marketing spin is.
    Coalition government is the highest spending government we've ever had.
    meep meep

Labor believes high income earners should pay their fair share of tax, a concept which which I think most Australians would agree. Which is why we must stop the franking credit rort, where people who pay no income tax get an income tax refund!

The investment helping millionaires live tax free
    FEBRUARY 23, 2019

It’s called “the art of deduction” and it is making sure multi-millionaires pay less tax than ordinary wage earners.

Research by the Australia Institute released today shows some Australian earners pay more than $170,000 a year on tax advice, and that it is a lucrative investment.

The research says that in 2011-2012, 75 individuals who earned more than $1 million in pre-tax, gross income paid no tax.

They had deployed deductions so large their taxable income was reduced to below the tax-free threshold.

And among the deductions were claims for excess franking credits, a so-called tax refund the ALP wants to eliminate. ...
    meep meep

CC Grandmaster
    180k is actually not much these days for people to earn annually ...
    It's only twice the average full-time wage - barely enough to live on

CC Grandmaster
    ... How terrible: obviously politicians and bureaucrats can spend money far more wisely than those who actually earned it.
    Since taxpayers can spend money far more wisely than the politicians and bureaucrats running the Defence Department, I assume you would support eliminating it and giving the money back as tax cuts, so that taxpayers can pay for their own defence?

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    It's only twice the average full-time wage - barely enough to live on
    Well after tax, its not that much...and obviously high level professionals (not just managers) earn this and above. Our friend RR (Road Runner can confirm this) as he surely earns more.

Anyway, from non-financial perspective i am more amused by the fact that people who do not earn much are often so active in encouraging those who earn more to pay more taxes. If 180,000 + earners want to give more, they can do so through charity (and some do) but why force them to support others? Why look into their pockets?

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    Labor believes high income earners should pay their fair share of tax, a concept which which I think most Australians would agree. Which is why we must stop the franking credit rort, where people who pay no income tax get an income tax refund!

The investment helping millionaires live tax free
    FEBRUARY 23, 2019

It’s called “the art of deduction” and it is making sure multi-millionaires pay less tax than ordinary wage earners.

Research by the Australia Institute released today shows some Australian earners pay more than $170,000 a year on tax advice, and that it is a lucrative investment.

The research says that in 2011-2012, 75 individuals who earned more than $1 million in pre-tax, gross income paid no tax.

They had deployed deductions so large their taxable income was reduced to below the tax-free threshold.

And among the deductions were claims for excess franking credits, a so-called tax refund the ALP wants to eliminate. ...
    But why do they do it? surely if the tax they would be obliged to pay is less than 170,000 they would not spend so much on tax advice!

But why do they do it? surely if the tax they would be obliged to pay is less than 170,000 they would not spend so much on tax advice!
    Here's a clue for you: they don't really spend that much on tax advice.
    meep meep

Well after tax, its not that much...and obviously high level professionals (not just managers) earn this and above. Our friend RR (Road Runner can confirm this) as he surely earns more.
    Hahaha I'm doing OK.
    meep meep

CC Grandmaster
    Well after tax, its not that much ...
    Only $120 000 pa! Which is still a lot more than the average full-time earnings before tax.

Anyway, from non-financial perspective i am more amused by the fact that people who do not earn much are often so active in encouraging those who earn more to pay more taxes. If 180,000 + earners want to give more, they can do so through charity (and some do) but why force them to support others? Why look into their pockets?
    I find it amusing that a person who wants everyone to receive the old age pension is complaining about high taxes on the wealthy - where do you think the money would come from to support your old age pension

CC Grandmaster
    Only $120 000 pa! Which is still a lot more than the average full-time earnings before tax.

I find it amusing that a person who wants everyone to receive the old age pension is complaining about high taxes on the wealthy - where do you think the money would come from to support your old age pension
    1) if people earn a lot more - they deserve alot more, lets not count other people's money. Plenty of people earn more than me...I do not count theirs.

2) who are these ''lot of people''? IT professionals, Architects? Doctors/ Lawyers? Managers? Quality Plumbers and builders? -

3) re Age Pension ...- trying to get at least some fair share of the resources. First I pay more taxes...then on top of it when i do not work..still do not get what other people that I kept supporting financially get!

As I've pointed out to Komrad Baron before, if he wants to support more people on the pension, he'll need to pay more tax today, not less. Haven't seen any signs of volunteering for it.
    meep meep

CC Grandmaster
    1) if people earn a lot more - they deserve alot more, ...
    Which they are currently getting - as I just showed you!

Thread Information