View Poll Results: WHO WILL WIN? (THIS POLL ASKS WHO WILL WIN, NOT WHO DO YOU WANT TO WIN)

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coalition by >30 seats

0 0%
  • Coalition by 16-30 seats

0 0%
  • Coalition by 15 or fewer seats [CORRECT]

4 33.33%
  • Hung parliament

0 0%
  • Labor by 15 or fewer seats

6 50.00%
  • Labor by 16-30 seats

1 8.33%
  • Labor by >30 seats

1 8.33%
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    Part of this is the government forbidding people to take jobs that pay even twice the dole, as well as forbidding kids to work for two hours at a newsagent after school, and absurdly fining employers for hiring people.
    Unemployment existed before these government regulations were introduced, of course.

CC Grandmaster
    Christian leaders say religious freedom was among issues that influenced voters Anna Patty, SMH, 20 May 2019
    ... In his response dated May 14, Mr Morrison said he believes "there is no more fundamental right than the right to decide what you believe or do not believe". "That means Australians of faith should be free to hold and practise that faith without fear of discrimination against them," Mr Morrison said. "And that is why my government is committed to providing Australians of religious belief with protections equivalent to those guaranteed in relation to other protected attributes under Commonwealth anti-discrimination law.
    The letter said Mr Shorten had sponsored legislation "that would effectively censor what could be taught by religious bodies". …
    Shorten supported religious freedom in his debate comments, of course - Morrison agreed with me that it was a contract issue! This seems like more cynical behaviour from Morrison, saying different things to different people.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Unemployment existed before these government regulations were introduced, of course.
    Unemployment and poverty existed always...and now in Australia - we already have the most fantastic opportunities for all - EVER!~

One thing I agree with CF about: award rate is nonsense that is disruptive to business growth. All union and pro-union parties do - halt our economic growth by making companies pay more to people who are sometimes far from being very productive.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

CC Grandmaster
    Btw, Gladys Liu (Liberal Candidate and a ''Chess Mum'') - won an extremely tight contest in the seat of Chisholm. Well-done!

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Unemployment and poverty existed always...and now in Australia - we already have the most fantastic opportunities for all - EVER!~
    Thanks to government action.

One thing I agree with CF about: award rate is nonsense that is disruptive to business growth. All union and pro-union parties do - halt our economic growth by making companies pay more to people who are sometimes far from being very productive.
    Award rates are negotiated between the union and the enterprise, not set by government.

CC Grandmaster
    Thanks to government action.

Award rates are negotiated between the union and the enterprise, not set by government.
    Unions pushing enterprise and lobbing government both at the same time. How can you explain that some people earn well above award rate? Is it because of value they deliver? or because someone pushes enterprise to pay more?
    This is yet another reason why we need to have a ''party of opportunities'' to vote for!

Award rates are usually fair, that is providing the worker puts in a good effort pertaining to the conditions of employment. Sunday workers can earn gold but non-essential industries don't have to open on weekends. At large sporting venues the ratio of workers to congregation is minimal. I am more concerned with tradesmen who either don't have high skills or work habits yet still want to charge high rates.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Award rates are usually fair, that is providing the worker puts in a good effort pertaining to the conditions of employment. Sunday workers can earn gold but non-essential industries don't have to open on weekends. At large sporting venues the ratio of workers to congregation is minimal. I am more concerned with tradesmen who either don't have high skills or work habits yet still want to charge high rates.
    What is ''fair''? And what is ''good effort''? Both are way too subjective. Nothing is simpler than 2 people bargaining and deciding how much to pay and for what service/effort.

Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    But the government makes it much worse by forbidding lots of jobs and fining employers for hiring (payroll tax).
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Shorten supported religious freedom in his debate comments, of course
    But clearly many Christians didn't trust him, and rightly so. The real meaning of "religious freedom" is the right to express one's beliefs, not just to believe them and confine them to church.

- Morrison agreed with me that it was a contract issue!
    OK, but it's still about what Folau said on his own time, and it was merely quoting the Bible, which hasn't been banned in Australia (yet).

This seems like more cynical behaviour from Morrison, saying different things to different people.
    That's what Shorten is, pretending to respect religious freedom but not free exercise.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Capa Fan:
    OK, but it's still about what Folau said on his own time, and it was merely quoting the Bible, which hasn't been banned in Australia (yet).

AC: Whether in the Bible or not it is hate speech and so should be curtailed by carrot and stick. The Bible does not make some thing right or wrong. Hate groups thrive on hate "bibles" such as Protocols of Zion, Mein Kampf as well as Islamic texts. I can't think of any atheistic classics urging the killing of religious believers.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

But the government makes it much worse by forbidding lots of jobs and fining employers for hiring (payroll tax).
    Payroll tax does not effect the employment of youth part time after school. They usually worked for small business where payroll tax is not an issue. Those school youth do not contribute to the unemployed as are underage. But those youth could help out their poor family which makes a difference in their lives, even if they spend the money on themselves.

CC Grandmaster
    Unions pushing enterprise and lobbing government both at the same time. How can you explain that some people earn well above award rate? Is it because of value they deliver? or because someone pushes enterprise to pay more?
    Because it was negotiated at the enterprise level. And unions have every right to lobby governments, just as any other group does.

CC Grandmaster
    Because it was negotiated at the enterprise level. And unions have every right to lobby governments, just as any other group does.
    So if I am a school teacher or factory worker and Union decided to go on strike in school/factory I work at...can I go to work and do my job or 100% supports the strike and this is why they d not go to work?
    I often wonder why there is still an institution where 100% of members support everything it does .

Would I be in a position where I work for some organisation where workers announce strike, I would turn up at the workplace and work simply in protest against their ridiculous actions.
    Or yes, and is it government that does not allow companies to kick out workers who strike?

Btw, I have never been member of any union in my life...at one of the uni's I was asked many times to join and it was done quite aggressively but I told them equally aggressively where to go with their union .

CC Grandmaster
    So if I am a school teacher or factory worker and Union decided to go on strike in school/factory I work at...can I go to work and do my job or 100% supports the strike and this is why they d not go to work?
    Strikes are only part of negotiations, of course - most negotiations don't involve strikes.

Or yes, and is it government that does not allow companies to kick out workers who strike?
    Strike action is protected by the government in Australia, within limits. But even if it wasn't, workers would still protest in other ways, which would not allow the company to sack them.

Btw, I have never been member of any union in my life...at one of the uni's I was asked many times to join and it was done quite aggressively but I told them equally aggressively where to go with their union .
    You may not be a member of the union, but I assume you're happy to accept the pay rises they negotiate

Thread Information