Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    So would you advocate several sets of laws for different people?
    there has to be give and take in the laws. I assure you that if you had a child that was in trouble you would have a different opinion about laws and how they are applied. Another point now that I mention it, adolescents mature at different rates so there must be flexibility.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    there has to be give and take in the laws. I assure you that if you had a child that was in trouble you would have a different opinion about laws and how they are applied. Another point now that I mention it, adolescents mature at different rates so there must be flexibility.
    I am sure mother of a murderer wants to spare the murderer...but it does not mean he should be spared!
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

I am sure mother of a murderer wants to spare the murderer...but it does not mean he should be spared!
    Some people are born with shocking tempers and short wicks so in a way it can even be unfair for the murderer that there is not early massive intervention as well as banning alcohol that helps cause much crime. Due to our living in a heavy imperfect world we can only play imperfect catch up - unfortunately King Solomon no longer no longer resides in the High Court
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    Some people are born with shocking tempers and short wicks so in a way it can even be unfair for the murderer that there is not early massive intervention as well as banning alcohol that helps cause much crime. Due to our living in a heavy imperfect world we can only play imperfect catch up - unfortunately King Solomon no longer no longer resides in the High Court
    Some people are stupid and useless - it does not mean they should get away with it!

Some people are stupid and useless - it does not mean they should get away with it!
    Maybe you need a bit more ancient philosophy, that quip about recognising what you cannot change and just accept otherwise you will never be happy. I recommend you only watch children shows, quizzes, world championship wrestling and Big Brother - that should protect you from life that is short, nasty and brutal.

CC Grandmaster
    Maybe you need a bit more ancient philosophy, that quip about recognising what you cannot change and just accept otherwise you will never be happy. I recommend you only watch children shows, quizzes, world championship wrestling and Big Brother - that should protect you from life that is short, nasty and brutal.
    It is people who watch those shows that lose whatever remaining brain they have left

CC Grandmaster
    It appears that homelessness is strongly associated with brain injuries:
    Half of all homeless people may have suffered a traumatic brain injury at some point in their life, according to new research – which experts say could be either a consequence or even the cause of their homelessness. Traumatic brain injury is sudden damage caused by a blow or jolt to the head, which can be caused by a motor accident, a fall or an assault. Sometimes it can cause long-term damage to the brain, leading to neurological and psychiatric disorders. A large study compiling research results from six high-income countries – Australia, Canada, Japan, South Korea, the UK and the US – found that 53% of homeless people had suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI). This, estimate the authors, could be 2.3 to four times the rate for the population as a whole.

Michael, if your tenant involuntarily became unemployed would you let stay in your rental for a year or would you make them homeless? If you house her she will not need public housing and save on welfare expenditure and your taxes.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 12-02-2020 at 07:30 PM.

Your first posts in this thread you query as to why the Indigenous are homeless- it is very simple because you are on their land without their permission.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 12-02-2020 at 07:30 PM.

CC Grandmaster
    Michael, if your tenant involuntarily became unemployed would you let stay in your rental for a year or would you make them homeless? If you house her she will not need public housing and save on welfare expenditure and your taxes. If you answer no then the topic of this thread has been answered and it can be locked.
    In Australia, it is very hard to kick people out even if they are not paying rent. This is why junkies are to be avoided as tenants in the first place. However, judgement mistakes do happen (or sometimes agents are careless). If its up to me, I would not let him stay if I do not know him/his situation personally and want to help him at personal level. If I do know him personally, I would consider an arrangement where some of the rent can be paid later once he gets a job.

So in short the answer is NO subject to ''terms and conditions''. I bought a house for parents. I am happy to let my friends stay over at my house free. I am happy to support some causes of my Choice. Other than that - I see no reason to lose money because of someone.

Re people not paying rent...its not relevant to this topic ...but it happens. I had difficulty with one of my tenants a while ago. Luckily, I got the money eventually (very lucky indeed). A colleague of mine had a couple with zillion of kids not paying rent and not moving out. It was impossible to evict these druggies (p.s ''druggies'' is not a swear word in this instance but a statement of the fact that they were on drugs) because of the kids.

CC Grandmaster
    In Australia, it is very hard to kick people out even if they are not paying rent.
    Really? In Victoria, you would only need to give two weeks notice.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    But if they do not move out. How to kick them out?
    They can just stay on premises. Police won't come and kick him them out.

Managing rental properties is not easy. and if people are simply not leaving - will take months to get them out. All of this results in significant loss of income for the landlord.
    Last edited by MichaelBaron; 13-02-2020 at 08:15 PM.

The laws are in favour of the tenant due to evictions of families during the Great Depression. Druggies are the problem. I advertise no drugs and I have signs on entry doors and signs everywhere re ganja. I make them sign statements that if they use drugs I can evict them unconditionally with only one week's notice. It seems to keep them away quite effectively. But I have let homeless people camp around the place for free if they are okay and the snobby neighbors dont whinge. I deny knowing they are even there.

CC Grandmaster
    The laws are in favour of the tenant due to evictions of families during the Great Depression. Druggies are the problem. I advertise no drugs and I have signs on entry doors and signs everywhere re ganja. I make them sign statements that if they use drugs I can evict them unconditionally with only one week's notice. It seems to keep them away quite effectively. But I have let homeless people camp around the place for free if they are okay and the snobby neighbors dont whinge. I deny knowing they are even there.
    I would love to see how you can legally advertise ''no drugs''...I wish we could...

I would love to see how you can legally advertise ''no drugs''...I wish we could...
    I claim to be the first person in Byron to do so seventeen years ago then it became common. Short hand is D/F drug free. Maybe you can't say No Druggies. You cannot advertise Drugs that is illegal. Important in contracts is knowledge and acceptance of clauses. I presume it avoids the case going to Fair Trading or I have a winning hand there. I maybe applying it to a ganja case very soon. When I strongly turn I on them they are shocked and no one argues. If they do I let them have it more. Even my neighbors dont argue when I turn on them. I feel great afterwards so go for a surf. A neighbors case violent a few years back, they started it and I finished it. They both end up on the ground walloped with a big pipe they attacked me with. They have since sold up. I was openly abusing them before they put their place on the market. They got millions so they didn't end up homeless.
    Last edited by antichrist; 14-02-2020 at 01:13 AM.

Thread Information