Discussion re future arbiters seminars

Does anybody know when the next FIDE Arbiters’ Seminar in Sydney is scheduled? I can't find that info on the FIDE website. Nothing listed at http://arbiters.fide.com/seminars/up...-seminars.html
    Thanks,
    Last edited by Adamski; 05-03-2019 at 05:46 AM.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    Does anybody know when the next FIDE Arbiters’ Seminar in Sydney is scheduled? I can't find that info on the FIDE website. Nothing listed at http://arbiters.fide.com/seminars/up...-seminars.html
    Thanks,
    I received a reply from FIDE with some interesting English:

"Unfortunately, there are no registered seminars for Sidney yet.

The first, someone of Lectures has to apply. Then, Arbiters` Commision approves and after that we publish on arbiters web site." At least the message is clear.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    "Unfortunately, there are no registered seminars for Sidney yet.
    Seems like we are hosting the Olympic Games again! Or is this seminar referring to Sydney, Nova Scotia

I am liaising with Gary Bekker and Shaun Press on possible forthcoming South Pacific based (or online) FIDE arbiters' seminars. Attending such a seminar and passing the test is required for the FA title.

CC FIDE Master
    Currently working on an FA Seminar for the Gold Coast mid year Will advertise details once it is finalised.

That could be a possibility for me. Thanks.

CC FIDE Master
    IA Craig Hall

www.chess.org.nz - Canterbury Chess Club
    http://respectrum.nz - Major sponsor

CC Candidate Master
    A great initiative by the CAQ and a boon to Australian chess.

Many thanks, Craig and Andrew. This is definitely a possibility for me. Andrew, I will PM you if I can make it.

The Gold Coast seminar which Andrew F is organising is now showing at the URL in post 1. Sadly for me, it is Tuesday-Wednesday and not practical for me to attend. So I will keep looking out, especially for a weekend seminar and / or a Sydney based one.

Thread Information