Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 70
  1. #1
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,401

    Tasmanian Championships 2019 Launceston 9-11 March

    Launceston PCYC 146-8 Abbott St Newstead

    See event details here: https://www.tasmanianchessassociatio...-championships

    This new venue is also the venue for the new Launceston PCYC Chess Club which meets on Sundays from 1-5 pm. (This is a new club, distinct from Launceston Chess Club and Mind Moves.)

    A list of suspects will be posted closer to the date.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 12-02-2019 at 02:15 PM.

  2. #2
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wynyard,Tas
    Posts
    2,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Launceston PCYC 146 Abbott St Newstead

    See event details here: https://www.tasmanianchessassociatio...-championships

    This new venue is also the venue for the new Launceston PCYC Chess Club which meets on Sundays from 1-5 pm. (This is a new club, distinct from Launceston Chess Club and Mind Moves.)

    A list of suspects will be posted closer to the date.
    A quick nit-pick - the tournament details at the above link are still referring to the 2014 Laws.

  3. #3
    CC FIDE Master
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Rout View Post
    A quick nit-pick - the tournament details at the above link are still referring to the 2014 Laws.
    Noted & amended!

    I don't follow the law changes. Can you advise what's changed? Thanks.

  4. #4
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wynyard,Tas
    Posts
    2,165
    Quote Originally Posted by idledim View Post
    Noted & amended!

    I don't follow the law changes. Can you advise what's changed? Thanks.
    Well the horsey still moves round corners and stalemate is still a draw. I'm not sure exactly what has changed between 2014 and now but I think in practice the main things to be aware of are current rules concerning illegal moves and those about mobile phones. Kevin may be able to point to a single consolidated list or a succession of lists, and there are various threads under Arbiters' Corner.

  5. #5
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,565
    A useful document which has the most recent changes identified can be found here. I believe that the original text would be the 2014 FIDE Laws of Chess, but I haven't confirmed that.

  6. #6
    CC Grandmaster ER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    11,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    Launceston PCYC 146-8 Abbott St Newstead (…)
    This new venue is also the venue for the new Launceston PCYC Chess Club
    Now the name Newstead rings a bell, maybe a bus going there not sure! Is it far
    from the old venue at the College or Launceston CBD?
    OK got it, not that far - walkable distance from say Town Hall,
    Even closer from the place I stayed last time!
    Clashes with our Ballarat Begonia but wasn't going to play there,
    so I might give it a thought!
    Last edited by ER; 13-02-2019 at 12:44 AM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

  7. #7
    CC FIDE Master
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    Now the name Newstead rings a bell, maybe a bus going there not sure! Is it far
    from the old venue at the College or Launceston CBD?
    OK got it, not that far - walkable distance from say Town Hall,
    Even closer from the place I stayed last time!
    Clashes with our Ballarat Begonia but wasn't going to play there,
    so I might give it a thought!
    Hope you can make it down ...

  8. #8
    CC Grandmaster ER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    11,677
    Quote Originally Posted by idledim View Post
    Hope you can make it down ...
    Thanks, I hope so too! I have already put it down on my diary but I have to go around a couple or three of orthodontic appointments! Fingers crossed!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

  9. #9
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,401
    Formal entries to date:

    Ian Rout 1967
    Kevin Bonham 1924
    Denis McMahon 1753
    Owen Swan 1288
    Thomas Powell-Davies UNR (Quick 1311)
    John Patrick UNR (Quick 1235)

  10. #10
    CC Candidate Master squashaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    98
    I've entered
    1. e4 e5? Too boring 1. e4 c5? Too reckless 1. e4 d5? Now we're talkin'

  11. #11
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,401
    I might not be getting cc:s of all the entries so my list may be missing others as well. Ian Little is also definitely playing.

  12. #12
    CC FIDE Master
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    I might not be getting cc:s of all the entries so my list may be missing others as well. Ian Little is also definitely playing.
    I, also, didn't receive notification of squashaddict's entry. It is possible that some people who are intending to pay cash on the day haven't actually completed their entry. The system still requires players to complete CC details, even if paying on the day, before the checkout process is complete. I have queried this with Ian L. and understand he's looking into it, but suspect that squashaddict's entry might still be languishing in his cart for this reason, since there is no reason for notification of completed entries not to go to Ian L., Kevin or myself. Can club representative's please advise members of this registration issue? Thanks. Denis

  13. #13
    CC Candidate Master squashaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    98
    I have received unconfirmed reports that David Smerdon intends on playing
    1. e4 e5? Too boring 1. e4 c5? Too reckless 1. e4 d5? Now we're talkin'

  14. #14
    CC FIDE Master
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    953
    David Smerdon, Chris Shepherd, Aidan Cox, Roger Blackburn and Addison Djatschenko have now entered.
    Last edited by idledim; 25-02-2019 at 03:36 PM.

  15. #15
    CC FIDE Master
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    953
    Ian Little & Charlie Smith have entered.
    Last edited by idledim; 26-02-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tasmanian Championships 2018 March 10-12 Launceston
    By Kevin Bonham in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-04-2018, 11:33 AM
  2. 2017 Tasmanian Championships Launceston 11-13 Mar
    By Kevin Bonham in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 20-03-2017, 11:28 AM
  3. 2012 Tasmanian Championships March 10-12
    By Kevin Bonham in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 17-03-2012, 05:42 PM
  4. 2008 Tasmanian Championship (Launceston), March 8-10
    By Tony Dowden in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 22-03-2008, 08:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •