Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Abstudy

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Once again - your original claim wasn't hypothetical:
    If you are saying that this is actually happening, please provide evidence. Otherwise you should withdraw the claim.

We do know that it is happening with foreign students:
    One instance you'll see tonight is the revelation from whistleblowers that some foreign students and other poor English speakers are graduating as nurses from Australian universities, dangerously under-qualified.
    But I've seen no evidence that it is happening with Indigenous students.
    You are avoiding the question...I am asking you ''what if its happening'' and you are replying ''give evidence it is happening'' . Does it mean that you agree that IF IT IS HAPPENING it is not right?
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

CC Grandmaster

We do know that it is happening with foreign students:
    One instance you'll see tonight is the revelation from whistleblowers that some foreign students and other poor English speakers are graduating as nurses from Australian universities, dangerously under-qualified.
    But I've seen no evidence that it is happening with Indigenous students.
    I agree that the standards for graduates have fallen however, locals are ''enjoying'' the falling standards as much as the internationals re maintaining the overall standards for all graduates, its another story all together.

CC Grandmaster
    Btw, thx for the video - good watch.

and Re Academic practices....certainly not all courses have ''resubmissions'' subjects that I manage - there are none!

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    You are avoiding the question...I am asking you ''what if its happening'' and you are replying ''give evidence it is happening'' . Does it mean that you agree that IF IT IS HAPPENING it is not right?
    I'm waiting for you to withdraw your original claim that it is happening. And if it's not happening, and is not likely to happen, what's the point of discussing it?

CC Grandmaster
    I'm waiting for you to withdraw your original claim that it is happening. And if it's not happening, and is not likely to happen, what's the point of discussing it?
    The claim has always been what ''if'' …
    is it likely to happen that there are additional classes at uni run exclusively for Indigenous students to do better in their subjects?

INDIGENOUS TUTORING OPPORTUNITIES
    The LSS is pleased to once again support the Indigenous Academic Enhancement Program (IAEP) which provides indigenous students with qualified tutors to assist them with their studies of the law.
    The IAEP is seeking expressions of interest for tutors who may wish to participate, particularly regarding the following units:
    • LAW4164: International refugee law and practice
    • LAW4198: Australian Consumer Law
    • LAW4341: Copyright and Design
    • LAW4342: Patents, trade marks and unfair competition
    • LAW4702: Competition and Consumer Law
    • LAW4704: Taxation Law
    The IAEP is seeking tutors with strong academic and oral communication skills, and provides tutors with $46 per hour for their time.
    If this is of interest to you please complete the IAEP Tutor Registration Form at:
    https://forms.apps.monash.edu/…/_vLc...current…,
    If you require any further information please email erin.pennett@monash.edu.

CC Grandmaster
    The claim has always been what ''if'' …
    is it likely to happen that there are additional classes at uni run exclusively for Indigenous students to do better in their subjects?

INDIGENOUS TUTORING OPPORTUNITIES
    The LSS is pleased to once again support the Indigenous Academic Enhancement Program (IAEP) which provides indigenous students with qualified tutors to assist them with their studies of the law.
    The IAEP is seeking expressions of interest for tutors who may wish to participate, particularly regarding the following units:
    • LAW4164: International refugee law and practice
    • LAW4198: Australian Consumer Law
    • LAW4341: Copyright and Design
    • LAW4342: Patents, trade marks and unfair competition
    • LAW4702: Competition and Consumer Law
    • LAW4704: Taxation Law
    The IAEP is seeking tutors with strong academic and oral communication skills, and provides tutors with $46 per hour for their time.
    If this is of interest to you please complete the IAEP Tutor Registration Form at:
    https://forms.apps.monash.edu/…/_vLc...current…,
    If you require any further information please email erin.pennett@monash.edu.
    Any comments on this?
    Is this fair?

CC Grandmaster
    https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...15-go7951.html

And how about computer Labs reserved for use of Indigenous students?
    https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...15-go7951.html

P.S at least in the case reported by Brisbane Times, common sense eventually prevailed and they were not prosecuted but beware - there is something called INDIGENOUS STUDENTS LAB

CC Grandmaster
    None of those support your original claims.
    Do not tell me how Indigenous students (some of them get through uni). Some study fair and square of course, pass all the subjects and earn their degrees the way other students do. Others...you do not want to know (even though you can guess) how they get through uni.
    What would you say if you get to know that some Indigenous students are given additional ''marks'' for being Indigenous?
    So I'm still waiting for that withdrawal.

CC Grandmaster
    None of those support your original claims.

So I'm still waiting for that withdrawal.
    Lol...avoiding all the questions. How can I withdraw the statement I have not even made yet. Stories are yet to come...

So any comments on Indigenous-Only Labs

CC Grandmaster
    Lol...avoiding all the questions. How can I withdraw the statement I have not even made yet. Stories are yet to come...
    So you are no longer claiming that: "some Indigenous students are given additional ''marks'' for being Indigenous" is a reality? It's just a racist hypothetical that you created?

So you are no longer claiming that: "some Indigenous students are given additional ''marks'' for being Indigenous" is a reality? It's just a racist hypothetical that you created?
    Perhaps Michael should concern himself less with the quality of the students, and more with the quality of teachers.
    meep meep

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    Perhaps Michael should concern himself less with the quality of the students, and more with the quality of teachers.
    And the responsibilities of those teachers:
    (19) All staff, students and other members of the University community have a responsibility to uphold and act in accordance with principles promoting cultural diversity and inclusiveness ...

Thread Information