Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sudanese

Sudanese

Marching towards a massacre?
    Nicholas Kristof
    New York Times

Half a world away, crowds of heroic protesters are in the streets. They shout “Peaceful, Peaceful” even as security forces target them with live ammunition.

They are risking their lives to try to topple a genocidal ruler. But President Trump, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and other world leaders are largely ignoring these brave protesters, increasing the risk that they will be massacred.

These protests are unfolding in Sudan against the regime of President Omar al-Bashir, who is wanted by the International Criminal Court for genocide. Other presidents have committed genocide over the last century, but Bashir has the distinction of conducting three different genocides by my count: in South Sudan, in the Nuba Mountains and in Darfur. He is not just a serial killer; he is a serial genocidaire.

For almost a month, ordinary Sudanese have poured out of their homes and offices around the country to join this “Sudan uprising.” Perhaps 40 or more have been killed by security forces and hundreds more detained and often beaten. The police reportedly have dragged injured protesters from hospital beds, with lawyers, doctors and journalists particularly targeted....

CC Grandmaster
    They are not that easy to detain...

https://www.facebook.com/NeilLukeEri...zMzI1MDczNDU5/
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    They are not that easy to detain...

https://www.facebook.com/NeilLukeEri...zMzI1MDczNDU5/
    Nice Facebook friends you have. I like his selfie with Fraser Anning

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    Nice Facebook friends you have. I like his selfie with Fraser Anning
    He's much worse than that:
    Before joining the UPF, Erikson was convicted for verbally abusing and threatening a rabbi over his "race"[4], and expressed regret over the fact that Hitler did not fully "deal with the Jewish problem"[5].
    I'm not sure why Michael is Facebook friends with a convicted felon and Hitler supporter.

CC Grandmaster

Well, I am afraid their illegal activities will be more noticeable in outer suburbs than in the beach areas these days.
    While I was in the US I received information that their presence will be rather scarce in St Kilda and surrounding areas at least in the near future.
    I don't exactly approve of vigilantes and such groups taking the law in their own hands.
    I also don't approve of neo-nazi scum using social problems as in this case caused by Sudanese gangs to promote their hateful ideology.
    I fully approve, however, of the right of citizens to defend themselves, their families and properties from thugs and other unlawful elements.
    Last edited by ER; 29-01-2019 at 08:47 PM.
    https://www.nswca.org.au/index.php
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.
    Fully vaccinated since October, 21, 2021

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    Well, I am afraid their illegal activities will be more noticeable in outer suburbs than in the beach areas these days.
    While I was in the US I received information that their presence will be rather scarce in St Kilda and surrounding areas at least in the near future.
    I don't exactly approve of vigilantes and such groups taking the law in their own hands.
    I also don't approve of neo-nazi scum using social problems as in this case caused by Sudanese gangs to promote their hateful ideology.
    I fully approve, however, of the right of citizens to defend themselves, their families and properties from thugs and other unlawful elements.
    Do not even dream of it: if you have gun at home (e.g. for hunting) and happen to shoot some of them while they are raiding your house and threatening to kill you, you will see what happens....you will be accused in being a monster who took lives of poor innocent kids!

Do not even dream of it: if you have gun at home (e.g. for hunting) and happen to shoot some of them while they are raiding your house and threatening to kill you, you will see what happens....you will be accused in being a monster who took lives of poor innocent kids!
    Hi Michael, it's over. It's past! No ifs and buts!!!
    It only took a bit of networking amongst certain determined members of our community!
    This time the "innocent" kids were expected and got the welcome they deserved!
    No guns involved, just a few baseball and cricket bats. It's over.
    https://www.nswca.org.au/index.php
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.
    Fully vaccinated since October, 21, 2021

Welcome to Melbourne
    News.com.au, SEPTEMBER 4, 2018
    Prime Minister Scott Morrison also turned his attention to the state’s police and questioned why other parts of Australia don’t have an “African gangs problem”.

“We have the highest proportion of Sudanese population in NSW, we don’t have these problems in NSW,” Mr Morrison told 3AW.

“Why is it happening in Melbourne? Law and order means something in NSW.

“I feel for Victorians who are asking the big question, why is this happening in our city, and not in other places?”

“There is a law and order problem, clearly in Victoria.

“We have a police force, that is a force.”
    So what's your excuse? For running like the devil's chasing you?

See you in another life, brotha.

CC Grandmaster
    Of course 99% of the criminals in Victoria are not Sudanese-born. Fortunately most people in Victoria already know this simple fact (which is why they've ignored the right-wing campaigns), but it seems that some people need to be reminded.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Of course 99% of the criminals in Victoria are not Sudanese-born. Fortunately most people in Victoria already know this simple fact (which is why they've ignored the right-wing campaigns), but it seems that some people need to be reminded.
    Some people also need to be reminded to look at Crime rate within certain communities rather than overall %age of criminals....at least they may ask themselves if we need to bring more fakeugees to Victoria or not?

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    Hi Michael, it's over. It's past! No ifs and buts!!!
    It only took a bit of networking amongst certain determined members of our community!
    This time the "innocent" kids were expected and got the welcome they deserved!
    No guns involved, just a few baseball and cricket bats. It's over.
    Well done!

CC Grandmaster
    Some people also need to be reminded to look at Crime rate within certain communities rather than overall %age of criminals....at least they may ask themselves if we need to bring more fakeugees to Victoria or not?
    And some people need to be reminded (over and over again, apparently) that this is irrelevant since Sudanese migration to Australia has effectively stopped, while asylum seekers in general have a much lower crime rate than Australians. Logically, if you want to lower the crime rate in Victoria, you should be in favour of increasing the number of refugees! Or focus on the 99% of crimes that are not committed by people born in Sudan, rather than the 1% which are.

CC Grandmaster
    Well done!
    I don't think we should be celebrating criminal behaviour.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    And some people need to be reminded (over and over again, apparently) that this is irrelevant since Sudanese migration to Australia has effectively stopped, while asylum seekers in general have a much lower crime rate than Australians. Logically, if you want to lower the crime rate in Victoria, you should be in favour of increasing the number of refugees! Or focus on the 99% of crimes that are not committed by people born in Sudan, rather than the 1% which are.
    So was it a mistake to take in the Sudanese?

Thread Information